• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Book Names

moenjoejr

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me what the best book to get kids if they want to look for hidden mickeys? Also, I know I saw this in a recent post, but can't find it. What is a good book to get kids to just learn about the parks (what rides there are, etc)...and get excited about the trip (at least on the airplane since they won't find out until the day before). THanks!

The book you are looking for is called Hidden Mickeys by Steve Barrett. It costs less than $10 most places. You can find it in any book store that has a decent travel section. I just borrowed this book from my local library last week.

A great guide book for kids is Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids. I looked it up the other day and it was selling for ridiculous amounts of money all over the internet. You can get it straight from the author's website for $19.99. I am in love with this book. I asked the author about the updates and he replied back to me saying a new edition including the new Fantasyland expansion was being printed.

My son loved putting stickers on the rides and attractions he went on. He liked the kid versions of the maps. It was all written in simple words that kids can read. He brought the book home and put it on his book shelf. So many times he has taken that book off the shelf and flipped through the pages, reliving his trip. He was in Kindergarten when we went on vacation. He is in 3rd grade now and remembers every ride with so much detail. It is amazing! He remembers specific foods we ate and funny events that happened, people we met, etc. This book has allowed him to keep the memory alive and not forget the details. I couldn't believe how much of this trip he retained in his memory by reliving it over and over by flipping through the book all the time.

A great guide book for kids is Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids. I looked it up the other day and it was selling for ridiculous amounts of money all over the internet. You can get it straight from the author's website for $19.99. I am in love with this book. I asked the author about the updates and he replied back to me saying a new edition including the new Fantasyland expansion was being printed.

It's actually cheaper on Amazon if you use Super Saver shipping or have Prime. They're selling it for $24.95 (I'm a Prime member, so shipping is free) and the author's site is charging $7 for shipping. Amazon is selling the 3rd edition (January 2012), which I assume doesn't have the new Fantasyland in it.

It's actually cheaper on Amazon if you use Super Saver shipping or have Prime. They're selling it for $24.95 (I'm a Prime member, so shipping is free) and the author's site is charging $7 for shipping. Amazon is selling the 3rd edition (January 2012), which I assume doesn't have the new Fantasyland in it.

Just don't buy the one on Amazon that's selling for $344.38! :confused3

Thanks! Do u know when the new edition of his book will be published?
I went back and checked my email. He said, "...in fact the newest version is at the printers now, with all of the Fantasyland updates included (it should be here around Thanksgiving)..."

Thanks...we arrive on 12/4, and our first day at the MK is 12/6 which is when the new Fantasyland opens. It would be nice to have that piece of the book, but don't know if I will get it in time. Thanks for the info though!

moenjoejr said:
Can someone tell me what the best book to get kids if they want to look for hidden mickeys? Also, I know I saw this in a recent post, but can't find it. What is a good book to get kids to just learn about the parks (what rides there are, etc)...and get excited about the trip (at least on the airplane since they won't find out until the day before). THanks!

G s

Can you buy this in a store? Amazon.ca doesn't carry it, and Amazon.com wants a fortune to ship it and it wouldn't get here in time for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter