Disney boat sinking...???

The Kagers

Earning My Ears
Being fairly anal-retentive, I was reading through ALL of our cruise documents today...even the fine print in the back of the ticket booklet. Came upon something a little concerning in the "cruise contract".

Number 18 reads:
"The carrier does not expressly or impliedly warrant...a) the fitness, condition or seaworthiness of the vessel and b) the fitness, condition or merchantability of any food or drink provided on board the vessel."

This is likely a standard thing, but it seems a little odd that a cruise line won't "warrant" the seaworthiness of their ship!!!! (or safety of the food for that matter!)

We sail in 9 days, and I'm still going...but I won't be the first one to eat the shrimp. :D:)

Its called the fine print and has been part of every cruise document on every line since at least the Titanic (and maybe even some before that). Don't worry - you're safe.

If it sinks at least you have a chance as you can swim in warm water, but sharks like warm water too--- hum!!!
Luckily the ship is low profile so a plane would have a very hard time hitting it. It would most likley over shoot the ship.

Originally posted by Johnny
If it sinks at least you have a chance as you can swim in warm water, but sharks like warm water too--- hum!!!
Luckily the ship is low profile so a plane would have a very hard time hitting it. It would most likley over shoot the ship.
Uh yeah... I wouldn't be swimming- I'd have a heart attack soon as I realized I was in the water where big fish and sharks are also.
LOL (seriously....)

as told to my son by tecdavidt's sons

Know why the life vests are bright orange?

So the sharks can see them better!

:teeth:

><<<>The carrier does not expressly or impliedly warrant...a) the fitness, condition or seaworthiness of the vessel and b) the fitness, condition or merchantability of any food or drink provided on board the vessel."><<<>

I think it's highly unlikely that the ship would sink. From a business point of view, Disney certainly wants to keep its ships afloat and its customers happy.

I think the second part IS important. They're saying that they're not promising that every food and drink machine will be working during your cruise. So if the soda fountains at the pool bar go hey-wire during your cruise, you can't sue them.

Actually, I think that part about the food means that the cannot say that some of their food won't possibly make you sick....
I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if a vending machine wasn't working...

Originally posted by inkkognito
I wouldn't worry about the sea worthiness of the ship...it's the sea worthiness of the LIFEBOATS that I'd be concerned about!

bulbool.gif
.......................::yes::

If you are flying, you may want to also check the "air wortheness"
of the airplane!

Have a great trip...and have noooooo worries!!

I guess you won't want to read the disclaimers on the excursions either.

My favorite part was the parenthetical "(including death)".

DCL disclaimed any responsibility for any and all injuries "(including death)".

I guess that's about the worst injury you can get!

:earseek:

Jim

I guess the excursions are outside of Disney's direct control...Although as pointed out above, the ship is very unlikely to have a problem. The excursions probably are more "risky". I read on this board about a guest (don't know if it was DCL) dying while scuba or snorkeling on an excursion.
If it's your day, it's your day...

Don't worry I always check, the motorized lifeboats appear to be in good shape as do the liferafts in canisters that would automatically deploy in case the ship sunk and the crew jumped off first.
You'll find something to float on!!
I think it is nice of them to put lights on the life jackets so the sharks can find them at night.

Alex

I think it is nice of them to put lights on the life jackets so the sharks can find them at night.

And don't forget the whistles for the visually impaired carnivores!

:earseek:

jim

LOL Kagers!
Watching "Titanic" before each of our cruises has become something of a tradition for hubby and I. It started out because that movie always seemed to be on one of the movie channels we were watching before our cruises. Then we got the DVD and were able to continue the tradition even when it wasn't on. Now we can take it a step further and watch it on the ship itself, since Santa brought me a portable DVD player for Christmas.
But I WILL NOT be watching Final Destination on the airplane!!!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter