Disney being crazy with tax charges??

beldred

DIS Veteran
Can anyone explain to me why Disney is adding 21% tax when I'm pricing room reservations?? The resort/hotel tax for the county is 12.5%. I've checked 2 different resorts, nothing on the price check but the room. Taken all the way to the cart level to verify total and that nothing else got added.

For Pop Century - 6n for 3A (2/26 - 3/03) 2 nights are $153 and 4 nights at $123 for a total of $798. With tax Disney says it's $965.28.

For Carib Beach - same group and dates - 2 nights are at $224 and 4 nights at $191 for a total of $1212. With tax Disney says it's 1464.76.

I've checked and rechecked this about half a dozen times. The room rate is already including the fee for the extra adult. There is nothing else in the cart.

Any ideas? I wish it wasn't the middle of the night so I could call them and ask them what the heck is up. LOL

Oh ugh, nevermind. The way they show the room rate is apparently misleading. When you use "rate details" to check the actual per night room cost instead of the average, it takes the extra adult fee back off, thus screwing up my math. -_-

Disregard and carry on. :D (a moderator can feel free to delete this thread, it seems I can't delete it myself.) :oops:

Aw man I just worked it through to help out. You got there first. :) They move that extra adult charge around, it seems.

You should see trying to work out where the discount shows up when booking a Royal Caribbean cruise. It's there, it's gone, click on this and it's gone then there, etc etc...augh! :)

Thanks for trying to help bumbershoot! I love the planning but sometimes I out think myself. LOL I blame my son for having the gall to turn 18 on me! If he would just stay a kid I wouldn't have these troubles.

We've always stayed Value on site and are thinking about upgrading to Mod this trip since we're already moving everything around and adding extra people and such so was trying to figure out the exact cost difference to coerce the hubby. :D I think if it's under $500 I can convince him but the tax was pushing me over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter