• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Beach Club or Disney Boardwalk Inn

Dano13

Long Island, NY
Hello,
I am asking for opinions on where to stay this coming summer, we usually stay on the monorail hotels but want to stay in the Crescent Lake area this time around.

About us, it will be my wife, my 10 year old son, and I. We will spend at least 2/3 of our time in EPCOT and Hollywood Studios as they are our two favorites. We love the Magic Kingdom and will go there several times, but as I stated earlier we usually stay on the monorail resorts so we have done the Magic Kingdom heavily the last few years and didn’t spend nearly as much time as we would have wanted at EPCOT and particularly Hollywood Studios.
We are deciding between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk Inn. One big caveat I guess I should throw in is we do not go in the pools very heavily. We are more about the parks and some shopping and probably will only hop in the pool once or twice for less than an hour each time. We do like to walk around and see the sites, so I know the Boardwalk area will fit our likes. And we usually eat most of our dinners at EPCOT so I know either resort will be appropriate for that as well.

My question then becomes to those that have stayed at both, which would the preference be …. Beach or Boardwalk?
Thanks in advance to everyone that may take the time to chime in on my question. It is appreciated.

I have stayed at BC, YC and BWI a few times each.

I much prefer BWI. I even prefer the pool at BWI because SAB can be such a zoo.

Reasons I prefer BWI? The biggest reason is that BC only has 50% of its rooms with full balconies. I need my balcony and after a stay at BC without one, I just can't justify the cost of those rooms.

The biggest drawback to BWI is that there is no counter service inside the resort. It's not an issue for me but for many this is a deal breaker.

Other than these two major things, the locations are similar so it's just a matter of the "vibe" you prefer.

Hello,
I am asking for opinions on where to stay this coming summer, we usually stay on the monorail hotels but want to stay in the Crescent Lake area this time around.

About us, it will be my wife, my 10 year old son, and I. We will spend at least 2/3 of our time in EPCOT and Hollywood Studios as they are our two favorites. We love the Magic Kingdom and will go there several times, but as I stated earlier we usually stay on the monorail resorts so we have done the Magic Kingdom heavily the last few years and didn’t spend nearly as much time as we would have wanted at EPCOT and particularly Hollywood Studios.
We are deciding between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk Inn. One big caveat I guess I should throw in is we do not go in the pools very heavily. We are more about the parks and some shopping and probably will only hop in the pool once or twice for less than an hour each time. We do like to walk around and see the sites, so I know the Boardwalk area will fit our likes. And we usually eat most of our dinners at EPCOT so I know either resort will be appropriate for that as well.

My question then becomes to those that have stayed at both, which would the preference be …. Beach or Boardwalk?
Thanks in advance to everyone that may take the time to chime in on my question. It is appreciated.

Of the 2, we've only stayed at the Beach Club. To us between the 2, it really doesn't matter. A room is a room and there basiclly the same. At the BC, we stayed near the quiet pool which was the closest walk to EPCOT. Though the farthest walk for the boat launch to DHS, and the farthest walk to the bus line. We do love the Flying Fish at the BW. Almost worth staying there alone.

I have stayed at BC, YC and BWI a few times each.

I much prefer BWI. I even prefer the pool at BWI because SAB can be such a zoo.

Reasons I prefer BWI? The biggest reason is that BC only has 50% of its rooms with full balconies. I need my balcony and after a stay at BC without one, I just can't justify the cost of those rooms.

The biggest drawback to BWI is that there is no counter service inside the resort. It's not an issue for me but for many this is a deal breaker.

Other than these two major things, the locations are similar so it's just a matter of the "vibe" you prefer.

But, if you are on the dining plan, the Boardwalk Bakery has nice sandwich options - plus their beautiful pastries for dessert. It counts as a counter service meal.

We've stayed both at the Boardwalk (several times) and the Beach Club (once), and I kind of agree that we like the Boardwalk better (even though I do wish they'd do something different with the pool; the clown creeps me out).

I'd see what is available, and then go from there. They're both excellent for the location (as is the Swan and Dolphin, usually for half the cost).

One big caveat I guess I should throw in is we do not go in the pools very heavily.

I like both resorts, but if swimming was not a deciding factor I'd definitely pick BWI. I've stayed at BWV's and BCV's, but there's just something I love about the BW resort. It's still a close call, but you can always try the BC another time if swimming becomes more important to your family at some point.

Good luck deciding!

We love the breakfast croissant at The Boardwalk bakery and it's a snack credit!

Both are fine. The atmosphere at BC is a bit louder I'm guessing because we've always seen more kids at that resort.

These are both great. I stayed at the BWI once maybe 7-8 years ago? and didn't return. I have since stayed at the BC 6 times and the YC 3 times, and the swan/Dolphin 8 times (love their prices!). Going back to the YC again in Nov for the 4th visit. I suppose that alone says something about which we prefer.

Why didn't we return yet to the BWI? I guess that even without a balcony, I just like the BC/YC better. It's an atmosphere thing though, so totally subjective. There isn't a tangible reason why. I do like Stormalong Bay, but it isn't a deal breaker for us, we swim maybe 1-3 times per visit.

I would say, if the pool doesn't do it for you, pick the one that you like the best. From your comments, it seems like the BWI might be a better fit for your family. I have been reading a lot of positive comments about BWI recently. Maybe it's time to check it out again.

I vote BW. I too LOVE the balcony, the pool was very relaxed and not overcrowded, there is a lot to do right there.

Hello,

Hello!

We've stayed at BWI twice and BC many times. Our most recent stay at BC was October of last year, and our most recent stay at BWI was January of this year. We love both, and we're returning to BWI again next year. (Our three boys are ages 6, 13 and 14.)

It's always difficult to decide! In the end, it really depends on the factors most important to your family. I'll omit the pool comparisons, since that doesn't apply for you. Here's the rest:

Club level: If you're considering club level, definitely BWI. The space is great - large balcony, high ceilings, open/airy feeling, and truly outstanding CMs. BC is renovating its club level, so when that renovation is complete, it might even them out a bit.

Lobby: If you spend any amount of time in the lobby, BC. In my opinion, it's more relaxing and spread out than at BWI. The entrance and lobby at BC (along with their outstanding greeter, Teena!) definitely wins for us.

Rooms: I prefer the decor at BC, but they are very similar. In fact, more similar than the photos would suggest.

Balcony: If a balcony is important to you, BWI is the way to go. While all rooms at BC technically have a balcony or patio, some are super small balconies - standing room only. At BWI, I like knowing that we'll always have a full balcony.

View: If you are interested in any kind of water view, I'd go with BWI. I like how the Boardwalk/Lake view is so close to the water, and I love the Boardwalk music that we hear sitting out on the balcony. And this may sound funny, but I prefer the view of BC/YC from BWI over the view of the BWI from BC/YC! In other words, since the BC/YC is so pretty, I sometimes prefer to look at it instead of stay there!

Dining options: We rarely use quick service - it's usually a combination of table service and club level breakfast/snacks. And the table service dining options all around the Epcot resort area and in Epcot are convenient, whether you choose BC or BWI. But if we need quick service, we've always preferred BC. BC Marketplace is one of my favorite resort quick service locations on property - no need to walk outside to access it and it has a great selection of both quick service items and to-go grocery items, which works well for our family. On the other hand, we haven't stayed at WDW since the new Boardwalk Bakery opened, so the jury is out on that. The new Boardwalk Bakery looks great and now includes a self-serve refill mug station. So that might even them out a little bit.

Hope that helps a bit - either one is a great choice! Good luck with your decision.

Lobby: If you spend any amount of time in the lobby, BC. In my opinion, it's more relaxing and spread out than at BWI.
I think just the opposite. There never is anyone in the Boardwalk lobby as all the activities, restaurants are outside. The Boardwalk probably has the most relaxing lobby among the Deluxe Resorts.

Yes the Beach Club lobby is more spread out, but most of the time the lobby is an absolute zoo, with throngs of people waiting to get into Cape May. To me the noise level here is deafening, and the Beach Club lobby is anything but relaxing.

I think just the opposite. There never is anyone in the Boardwalk lobby as all the activities, restaurants are outside. The Boardwalk probably has the most relaxing lobby among the Deluxe Resorts.

Yes the Beach Club lobby is more spread out, but most of the time the lobby is an absolute zoo, with throngs of people waiting to get into Cape May. To me the noise level here is deafening, and the Beach Club lobby is anything but relaxing.

I agree. The BC lobby is beautiful but nuts.

Let me first say that both are wonderful and quite similar in many ways. We have stayed at the Boardwalk (Villas) 3 times and we just had our first experience with the Beach Club (Villas) this past July.

The major factor in why we chose BC this past summer was the pool...it is pretty nice. But since you said that you don't spend much time there anyway, that's not even really a factor (and to be honest, we only swam 3 times the whole week we were there).

The BC is very spread out. Especially for us at the Villas, we felt like it took forever to walk anywhere. Slightly less so at the non VC resort, but still spread out.

We also love the Boardwalk for the restaurants especially ESPN so we ended up walking over there quite a by for something to do at night.

The rooms at BC and BW are very similar is layout and size and both are pretty evenly spaced form Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

All this being said, while we like BC, we are going back to BW next July. Very comparable but we are willing to sacrifice the slightly nicer pool (BW pool is still nice) for the less spread out layout and ease of access to the activities and restaurants at the Boardwalk.

You can't go wrong either way, just our personal feelings.

We have stayed at BWI, YC and BC. We loved them all, but in my opinion, the boardwalk view from the BWI is the best view in WDW. We loved to people watch, and there is something so beautiful about the lights and crescent lake at night.

I have stayed at both BC & BWI, of the two BWI is my favorite. Wonderful location, awesome resort. It wins for me.

Thanks to everyone who have replied I always find the takes of everyone very interesting. I really had thought we would stay at the BC next trip but I talked to 3 friends who said I couldn't go wrong either way but all seemed to lean to the BWI, two of the 3 heavily and one is a DVC member with the BC as home base. I think I have flipped and I am now leaning to BWI. The. Again I could always do BC the following trip I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter