Disney Babysitters

threegirlsinNH

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We will be traveling with 3 kiddos and plan to do one grown up dinner. Who has used the babysitting service? We will be staying at POR.

- Who do I call to make the babysitting reservation and how early should I call?
- Do they keep them in the room, or will they let them walk around the grounds/go to the playground?
- Does the charge to to your room account, or do you pay them directly?
- Anything else I should know? Overall experience?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info, yes, I meant in-room services, in my searching, I looked up that independent company, I think I will go ahead and try that.

Tell me about your experience with the Childcare centers though! I am interested!

We will be trying out the in room sitter nov. 14 due to a wedding. I'll have to post how it goes. We will have 17 month old with sitter (6 YO daughter will be with my brother; he doesn't do diapers).

I have used both the in room sitter and the childcare centers. With 3 kids I think the in room sitter is probably cheaper and I don't know how old your kids are, but they have to be 3 and fully potty trained to go to the centers. While my kids loved the center at Animal Kingdom, the one main positive to the in room sitter is the kids can go to bed at their regular time. Mine never fell asleep at the centers and they were overly tired the next day. The sitters will bring bags of toys for your kids to play with and we haven had all positive experiences with them.

Thanks Steph, I agree, my kids would benefit from being able to sleep in their own bed. Thanks!

Jenny, I look forward to hearing about your experience!

We used Kids Nite Out when DS was 2 and they were wonderful. Very professional, safety conscious, capable people. Our sitter stayed in the room with our DS (we left after he had gone to sleep), but I've seen other sitters out and about with the children they are sitting (eating at QS, at a resort playground, etc.). They will also bring age appropriate activities for your children to play with. Kids Nite Out will charge your credit card, but gratuities (if you choose to give one) had to be paid in cash. They won't do anything water related with your children (pools, baths, etc.).

DS is now 8 and LOVES the kids clubs, but, if needed, I wouldn't hesitate to hire Kids Nite Out again.

I will be using the babysitter on Saturday while we go to a wedding. My son is 14 months old so I know there isn't too much for them to do with him but I am very curious as to what they do once they put him down for the night. Do they stay in the room if it's just a single room and no kitchen or living area? Or do they leave? I am very anxious to begin with and not knowing what happens after he is in bed is driving me crazy!

We will be trying out the in room sitter nov. 14 due to a wedding. I'll have to post how it goes. We will have 17 month old with sitter (6 YO daughter will be with my brother; he doesn't do diapers).
I know that was two year ago but how did the sitter do with your 17 month old?

I will be using the babysitter on Saturday while we go to a wedding. My son is 14 months old so I know there isn't too much for them to do with him but I am very curious as to what they do once they put him down for the night. Do they stay in the room if it's just a single room and no kitchen or living area? Or do they leave? I am very anxious to begin with and not knowing what happens after he is in bed is driving me crazy!
They saty. We had a suite and I told our sitter she could use the bedroom to watch tv ( we moved a chair a bit so she could see the tv from it) or go out on the balcony. When we returned she was sitting at the table studying with a reading light.

I think we are attending the same wedding. I saw your name (assuming) in an email from the bride's mom. We are planning on allowing our sitter to take our son down to eat. We'd figured it'd be the least messy thing to do. I'm sure our kiddos will be in excellent hands.

We used Extra Hands Twice on our trip last month, and Jasmine was fabulous. She took our toddler to the campfire/movies and gave baths. We will use them again!

We used Kids night out Last month while staying at Pop Century. We went to check out F&W at Epcot. We left our 3 children, 6m, 2y, and 5y. Our sitter was great. She told us she had been with the company over 10 years. She did have trouble finding our room so I am guessing She doesn't get many calls to the Pop Century. Still, the kids loved her, and she got them all to bed with no problems. When we arrived home she was just sitting at the table reading. We would (and will) use the service again.

We just used Kids Nite Out this past weekend. Our sitter arrived 15 minutes early. My brother relieved her, so I did not get to hear how the night went. She did leave a note stating what my son ate and info on diaper changes. She had a bag of toys and books and when we left, son was playing with blocks. Didn't care we even left (18 months). Our sitter was college age.

We used Extra Hands last week and Caroline was fabulous. We will use Extra Hands next time we go back. We have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 7 month old and used her for 2 date nights and 2 half-days helping with us at the park. It was great for the parks because she was an excellent tour guide as well as someone to sit with kids while we rode rides, etc.

We used Extra Hands last week and Caroline was fabulous. We will use Extra Hands next time we go back. We have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 7 month old and used her for 2 date nights and 2 half-days helping with us at the park. It was great for the parks because she was an excellent tour guide as well as someone to sit with kids while we rode rides, etc.
How much was the in-room sitting? They don't give prices online...TIA!

It was $16/hr for the 3 kids and I think there was a $10 travel fee for her to come to the resort. There was a five hour minimum.

We used Kids Nite Out (Jean was her name) on Halloween this year for our 2 year old son. We left around 6:30 and stayed out until about 11:30. We gave her money to get dinner for herself and our son at Contempo Cafe, and then they walked around outside where the resort was having a campfire and outdoor movie. They read books back in the room, and eventually he went to sleep. He seemed to have fun with her, and we didn't worry at all. I'll use them again this year when we go.

There was an upcharge for the holiday. I can't remember offhand what it was though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter