disney at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these wonderful photos are getting me so excited. Only 10 more days until leave. :yay: When we get back around 14th, I hope to be able to post some photos too.

..also a reminder to trip planners, I have Christmas maps, they are the DCA and DLR park maps with the Christmas holiday covers. They are super cute too!!

Just pm me if you’d like one! Also if you want to see the covers, I have a photo of them already up in my map thread, please see the map link in my signature! Thanx!

:tinker:

What is this?

IMG_0229.jpg

Here are some wreaths for our wreath quest.

Carnation Cafe
CopyofDSC_7156.jpg

On Main Street (I took these while on the top of the Omnibus)
DSC_7147.jpg

DSC_7131.jpg

Main Street from the ground
CopyofDSC_7068.jpg

In the Blue Ribbon Bakery
DSC_7094.jpg

Above Clothiers
CopyofDSC_7091.jpg

And some Christmas trees

In the Hearthstone Lounge
CopyofDSC_7195.jpg

Grand Californian Gift shop
CopyofDSC_7194.jpg

In one of the shops in Frontierland next to the Golden Horseshoe.
CopyofDSC_7099.jpg

In City Hall
CopyofDSC_7087.jpg

and the Gibson Girl
CopyofDSC_7095.jpg

Three nights from now, I will be chillin' in DTD with a cup of cocoa and a gingerbread man cookie!! Can't wait!! Better start packing!! ... I'm too excited to sleep!:rolleyes:

PHXscuba

5 more days for me. We are staying in a one bedroom for the weekend at the VGC. Yesterday's visit was a day trip. It is very unusual for us to go so close together! I can't believe that I am going so much this year. Will make for last year, where I went for a half day (on DD's birthday) and never made it back again. I didn't even get see DL at night!

last night was super super cold so my friend and i sat in the alfresco lounge near the heaters (located in DCA above the wine bar) and we had hot bailyes irish cream and coffee's.. it was delightfull!!! :)

I am sorry but for the life of me I can not find the post which had the time slots for the Candlelight Processional listed in it. I thought it was in this thread but maybe I was wrong? :confused3 Anyone happen to know offhand what the times are for the CP?

Someone help me with this one PLEASE :)

I am really debating whether to try and see the CP or not.. My kids are 5 and 7. I would really like to see it, but I am a little compulsive about seating. Like for Fantasmic, I will literally be the first one there and wait HOURS to do that, just so I can get that first seat right in the middle, etc. etc. Same thing for the parade. That said. I am not sure if I want to sit from opening until 5:30 to get that prime spot that I am so wierd about! I also want to see my kids have fun at Disneyland not sit there while they are riding rides with my dh.. I have tried to get over this issue in the past, and I can't I either want to see it where I want to see it, or I will freak LOL.. This is really my only wierd issue, I swear LOL.. Otherwise I am pretty normal..

So anyone have an insight on this :)

Three nights from now, I will be chillin' in DTD with a cup of cocoa and a gingerbread man cookie!! Can't wait!! Better start packing!! ... I'm too excited to sleep!:rolleyes:

PHXscuba

Have an extra cookie for me. Sitting taking a tea break at work. Sure could use a cookie!

5 more days for me. We are staying in a one bedroom for the weekend at the VGC. Yesterday's visit was a day trip. It is very unusual for us to go so close together! I can't believe that I am going so much this year. Will make for last year, where I went for a half day (on DD's birthday) and never made it back again. I didn't even get see DL at night!

Will you be doing a trip report? I'm very curious about the VGC rooms. LOVE your wreath and tree pics - especially the one in the bakery!

last night was super super cold so my friend and i sat in the alfresco lounge near the heaters (located in DCA above the wine bar) and we had hot bailyes irish cream and coffee's.. it was delightfull!!! :)

OK, love to have an irish cream coffee here at work too....

Okay, I love the wreath in Blue Ribbon Bakery - that's a new one we haven't seen before! I love it because it has treats like tarts and cookies nestled in it! In fact, I can't believe they have a wreath as cute as that almost out of view - way up on a shelf, and sort of hidden between plates!! They should put it somewhere where more people can see it!!

Sally_fan - I'm not sure if we had a post with the exact time slots for the CP in this thread? Maybe we did, and I overlooked it (entirely possible). Maybe someone who has been for the CP in the past remembers the times? It's this weekend, though, right?

I am sorry but for the life of me I can not find the post which had the time slots for the Candlelight Processional listed in it. I thought it was in this thread but maybe I was wrong? :confused3 Anyone happen to know offhand what the times are for the CP?

According to Mouseplanet's Nov 15 Disneyland update: "Candlelight will be held on December 4 and 5 (Saturday and Sunday) as previously reported here, and the performances are 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. each night. Actor Tom Skerrit serves as the narrator for all four performances"

Hope that helps.

Will you be doing a trip report? I'm very curious about the VGC rooms. LOVE your wreath and tree pics - especially the one in the bakery!

Okay, I love the wreath in Blue Ribbon Bakery - that's a new one we haven't seen before! I love it because it has treats like tarts and cookies nestled in it! In fact, I can't believe they have a wreath as cute as that almost out of view - way up on a shelf, and sort of hidden between plates!! They should put it somewhere where more people can see it!!

I wasn't even sure if that was a wreath or not myself, since my eye site isn't very good these days. The rest of the shop has cascading pine bough type decorations, so I thought it could be one of those. When I looked at the picture the next day, there wasn't any doubt that it was a wreath. As for it being placed out of the way, that is what I like about Disney. There is some hidden decoration most folks don't see, you have to look for it. I always feel like I have spotted a hidden treasure when I notice them. I have learned to always look up when I go into the Main Street shops.

As for the trip report, I never have done one before. Maybe I will for this trip. This trip will be the fourth time I have stayed in a one bedroom. I do have pictures I have posted in the Owner's thread, part 1 when I stayed in a one bedroom on opening day. here are the links: For pictures of our room: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2071616&page=84 top of page and the view at night http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2071616&page=85 look for post #1272 Next February, DH and I will be staying in a studio for the first time.

Great picture Mike. I plan on seeing the parade this weekend, but will be able to do since it is only showing at 1pm and 3:15pm. So I particularly like your night time shots.

According to Mouseplanet's Nov 15 Disneyland update: "Candlelight will be held on December 4 and 5 (Saturday and Sunday) as previously reported here, and the performances are 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. each night. Actor Tom Skerrit serves as the narrator for all four performances"

Hope that helps.

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!!!! :thanks:

And thanks for your reply as well Sherry! If YOU can't find it in this thread I must have read it elsewhere because you seem to be able to find everything anyone asks about! :worship:

I know it's been said before but I am saying it again......I just love this thread!!!! :love: All of the pictures that everyone is contributing are so amazing! Thank you all so much! I am so excited!!!

From what I have read, the Disney World equivalent of our Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street (not sure what they call their version at WDW??) has a whole tree with 'baked goods' ornaments such as cupcakes and cookies and things - similar to what the Blue Ribbon Bakery wreath is like at DLR, it seems.

So, hint hint hint, Tksbaskets and Bret...when you head to WDW, be sure to pay a little visit to the tree in the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom!!;)

From what I have read, the Disney World equivalent of our Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street (not sure what they call their version at WDW??) has a whole tree with 'baked goods' ornaments such as cupcakes and cookies and things - similar to what the Blue Ribbon Bakery wreath is like at DLR, it seems.

So, hint hint hint, Tksbaskets and Bret...when you head to WDW, be sure to pay a little visit to the tree in the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom!!;)

I think the DL version of Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street is called Main Street Bakery at WDW.

Consider it done when I go WDW in less than 10 days. :cool1: I will get the picture of the tree in the bakery and pictures of the trees and wreaths at the WDW resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter