Disney Assigned New Reservation Numbers

I can retrieve my reservations on MyDisneyReservation.com/DVC using the old confirmation number, but when I click on reservation details it says "room only" where it used to say "dining". Do I need to call MS to make sure the dining plan is still on the ressie, or is it due to the system upgrade?

I was getting the same "room only" message. I called MS and they confirmed that I still had DDP.

Finally found them and yes mine changed too.

Also is anyone else sick of hearing that Aulani music at the start up.:headache:

I could not do online checkin this morning. I had to call MS. They gave me the new number and I had to override the number that was pre-populated with the new number to check in. Makes you a little nervous!:confused3

This all makes me wonder a bit....when they talked about having this outage, I did wonder what if they lost all of our reservations during the process? We are booked for 9 nights at BCV (not our home resort, got it at the 7 month mark), is this new system going to be a headache for our trip in May? I guess I am being a bit paranoid.....you know being new to the whole DVC world and all :goodvibes

I guess I never even look at the reservation numbers.

Overall, I do like the updated site.

I have a new number on the vacation details page (it looks formatted the same it is just a little lower number by like 001800000000).

bookwormde

I'm guessing this might be one of the reasons why none of my ADRs show up anymore. I have 30 days worth of ADRs, but now it says there are none. I did do a cut and paste prior to the outage just to make sure I had a backup of the info.

An update: At around 6 pm my time yesterday, I received 2 emails from DVC stating my reservation numbers. But I have 4 reservations in. However, the ones they sent me are for calendar year 2010.

Also, just went to member's website and can now see the new reservation numbers under the 'View Vacation Details' page.

However, when I check my dining reservations on the WDW website, I get the following message.

"We are unable to retrieve dining reservations at this time. Please try again later."

I hope they fix this...

An update: At around 6 pm my time yesterday, I received 2 emails from DVC stating my reservation numbers. But I have 4 reservations in. However, the ones they sent me are for calendar year 2010.

Also, just went to member's website and can now see the new reservation numbers under the 'View Vacation Details' page.

Nothing for me: I've got 2 reservations for this year, and I have 4 reservations for next year.

Help, I can not even get into dvc site to check reservation. I also received an email with differnent # and trying to check in(trying both #) and that won't work either... so I can't check reservation on their site...also they sent the notice to a different email address not the one I use for my DVC stuff? this is so screwed up...Oh I leave Oct 19. thanks for any help...I post on the other DVC board and go no response ...and came here and saw this thread...Oh I have been trying to get into site since yesterday... Thanks for any help:goodvibes

Help, I can not even get into dvc site to check reservation. I also received an email with differnent # and trying to check in(trying both #) and that won't work either... so I can't check reservation on their site...also they sent the notice to a different email address not the one I use for my DVC stuff? this is so screwed up...Oh I leave Oct 19. thanks for any help...I post on the other DVC board and go no response ...and came here and saw this thread...Oh I have been trying to get into site since yesterday... Thanks for any help:goodvibes

Are you logged into any other Disney website? If so, log off. Also, try clearing your cookies.

Or try another browser.

Are you logged into any other Disney website? If so, log off. Also, try clearing your cookies.

Or try another browser.

Thank you that worked like a charm...My reservation was split into 3 , 2 night, then waitlist 2 night(ame thru) and then rest of vacation til Nov 9. So I never had paper work for the waitlist...and not being able to get in to check when I saw they changed the ressie number, freeked me..but all 2 are there seeming to be linked with the new number...Thank you Thank you.... Carol:goodvibes

I wonder what the deal is.
Previous to this most recent integration, there were two completely separate systems managing inventory. One for CRO/WDTC inventory, and one for DVC. With the integration, they have moved all of the DVC inventory management functions into CRO/WDTC's systems. That is the source of the new reservation numbers.

As for dining, missing reservations, etc.---my guess is that the two databases had slightly different "schemas", which is a fancy word for "filing systems." Integrating the two will require a schema change in the CRO/WDTC database, and whenever you do that, lots of "front end" tools that use the underlying database break. The underlying database is (probably) still fine, just the tools that read it don't work. I suspect that's why e.g. the Dining tool can't find any ADRs, etc.

...well, today I received two new confirmation letters in the mail for my January trip (2 studios booked) and they had the new numbers. I also have 2 rooms booked in August, but didn't get new letters for that trip. All the trips do show up on the DVC website. Anyone else get new numbered confirmation letters by mail?

...well, today I received two new confirmation letters in the mail for my January trip (2 studios booked) and they had the new numbers. I also have 2 rooms booked in August, but didn't get new letters for that trip. All the trips do show up on the DVC website. Anyone else get new numbered confirmation letters by mail?

Nope. I have DVC reservations for: 12 days from now, December, April, and August. All were booked before the system outage.

Also, the old confirm #s are still in the system and are valid. Today was my 180 day mark to call for dining for our April trip, and I rattled off the old ressie # on my confirm letter. The CM had no issues bringing up our ressie at BLT. Dining ressies, however.. what a mess. Some come up online, most don't. Most can't be retrieved manually. The CM I talked to this morning said it was "a glitch". Gee, ya think?? :rolleyes1 Hopefully it is resolved soon.

After reading this post I went and double checked my reservation numbers as well. We have a split stay in November between AKV and the Beach Club. We had a wait list come through for each so we had two reservation numbers for each resort (4 in total). We now have one new reservation number for each resort. We have not received anything via email or the mail regarding the change though. The reason I knew was since I am the planner I had everything (all reservation numbers; resorts and dining) in a spreadsheet. I am wondering if I will receive anything regarding the change:confused3

I was able to check in online today for our upcoming trip. I noticed as I was trying to check in that it said room only instead of dining plan added. I called MS to check to make sure that the Dining Plan was indeed still added. The man on the phone told me that the Dining plan was never added and if I wanted to add it I had to pay today. Now that I read this thread I am thinking that maybe it is their computer system that messed up? I know for a fact that I added it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter