Disney app - characters

caroli

"Not all those who wander are lost" (J.R.R. Tolkie
Hi

In the Disney app you can see the wait times for attractions but not for characters, right?
Is there another app to see how muh wait you there is for anna&elsa, rapunzel, etc?:confused3

Thanks

It's not an app, but you can shortcut this link on your phone and it lists some of the wait times

http://disneywaittimes.com/

Untitled2.jpg

The character wait times are actually in the MDE app,they just aren't under "attractions"

When you're in the app, there's a bar across the top (right under the blue band) that says "Attractions, Characters, Dining, Restrooms, Entertainment, Events & Tours, Guest Services, SHopping"

Click on "Entertainment" (NOT characters!)

Scroll down to the Ms (it's alphabetical)- you'll find "Meet Anna and Elsa and Princess Fairytale Hall", "Meet Ariel at her Grotto", "Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall" - etc etc. Wait times are listed next to them.

Right now the app is showing that A&E wait is 70 mins,, Ariel is 25, Cinderella/Rapunzel is 30, the Daring Disney Pals in Storybook Circus as 10, the Magnifique Friends in Storybook Circus as 5, Mickey as 45 mins, etc...

It's entirely nonsensical that this doesn't show up under characters, but the info is there in the app to be found

Thank you all!! :goodvibes
I did'n eve knew there was a section called "Entertainment"on the app.
And didn't know about disneywaittimes either.
Gonna try them both.

Thanks

Are the 'actual' time accurate on Disney wait times? If so I am 100% using this during my next trip, i hate seeing a time but never really knowing if its accurate.

Are the 'actual' time accurate on Disney wait times? If so I am 100% using this during my next trip, i hate seeing a time but never really knowing if its accurate.

Generally.

There are times when they're off. I call these times surge times. Surge times can be described as the following:

1) Park open
2) After a parade/fireworks
3) If an influx of FP+ shows up (maybe due to an earlier closing)
4) After a ride re-open
5) Sometimes after lunch

It is important to note that "surges" happen when a lot of people get to an attraction for a variety of reasons. Please keep that in mind when using the site.

I personally go to WDW 3-4 times per week and use the site (and Android app) all the time. I've found it to be accurate more times than not. I use it as a way to see what we should do next, not as a way to perfectly time how long it will take me to get through a line.

For example, both Jungle Cruise and Pirates may have posted times of 40 minutes, but Pirates could have an actual time of 25 minutes and Jungle is at 35. I may not get through the Pirates line in exactly 25 minutes, but I know that the line is shorter even though the signs outside of the attraction (and on the MDE app) show the exact same wait.

As with all wait times sites/apps your experience may vary (especially during a crazy busy time like Christmas or New Year), but the site provides the most accurate wait times currently available to guests traveling to WDW.

P.S. Showtimes and Entertainment offerings are also on the app, which makes it super quick and simple (compared to MDE) to see when the 3pm parade is

Thank you! That's great news! I figured they aren't 100% accurate, was thinking more of what you suggested to pick what to do next!

This made my day, i am going the first week in may so mostly 4-5 crowd days so hoping lines aren't CRAZY.

The Character/Entertainment times posted on the MDE app is MORE then inaccurate. Last week, Ive had wrong times posted for several characters.

Best is still to rely on the printed entertainment schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter