• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Apartments - Update on Buena Vista Place

singingintherain

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I just got accepted into the Disney College Program!!! Yes! I'm super excited, but I want to live with my husband (of course! ) so I won't do the disney housing.

Buena Vista Place apartments looks the best! Not expensive, but that's not what drew me in the most. It's sooo close! It seems you can just walk to work!

Or can you? That's why I need help. I was wondering if you really could walk to work and back. If it was safe enough? Is there like buses at the parking lot or can you jump on the monorail right there? That's what it looked like on google earth but I'm not sure. Yes, I have searched through forum after forum on the subject, but none of it is very current, and there's not much on the whole monorail, bus transportation from the parking lot. Like say if I end up working Animal Kingdom insteak of MK. It would still work if the monorail could take me there and I wouldn't have to deal with traffic.

Any input on this and the apartments themselves at all would be so appreciated! I live too far away to go there and look for myself.

Thank you!

That apartment complex is walking distance to Magic Kingdom employee parking. From there you catch an employee bus to the Magic Kingdom itself. However, there is no bus transport to the other parks so if you work at another park you will have to drive. And no, you don't catch the monorails to work lol.

That apartment complex is walking distance to Magic Kingdom employee parking. From there you catch an employee bus to the Magic Kingdom itself. However, there is no bus transport to the other parks so if you work at another park you will have to drive. And no, you don't catch the monorails to work lol.

Wellllll, you could walk to the MK employee parking lot, catch the West Clock bus to the back of MK, walk all the way through MK, then catch a bus to another park (or the Monorail if you work at Epcot) or resort. I've done it, but it takes a loooot of effort lol. Especially if you were to do it all the time. It's highly unrecommended--unless you were to work at MK itself, then I'd say it's possible.

Wellllll, you could walk to the MK employee parking lot, catch the West Clock bus to the back of MK, walk all the way through MK, then catch a bus to another park (or the Monorail if you work at Epcot) or resort. I've done it, but it takes a loooot of effort lol. Especially if you were to do it all the time. It's highly unrecommended--unless you were to work at MK itself, then I'd say it's possible.
Thank you so much for pointing it out for me. It does seem a little chancy to try the bus thing because I don't even know if I will be working at MK! So maybe I'll stick with the front entrance area in Lake Buena Vista. I'm thinking Discovery Palms. They're a lot higher but hopefully worth the extra $$

Yeah, Google earth was misleading. I figured out that's where they park the monorails. :p not where you get on them. That was a big DUH moment for me. But when I've never been to Disney World, what can I expect? lol Thanks for the info!

Thank you so much for pointing it out for me. It does seem a little chancy to try the bus thing because I don't even know if I will be working at MK! So maybe I'll stick with the front entrance area in Lake Buena Vista. I'm thinking Discovery Palms. They're a lot higher but hopefully worth the extra $$

Discovery Palms isn't really within walking distance of anywhere on Disney property, unless you end up working at Downtown Disney, or Typhoon Lagoon.

I would be very careful walking anywhere in Florida unless there are lot of people around, The Orlando area is very transient and there is a lot of crime. My advise is to drive. I lived in New York City for the last 21 years and I wasn't nearly as careful as I am here in Florida.

Discovery Palms isn't really within walking distance of anywhere on Disney property, unless you end up working at Downtown Disney, or Typhoon Lagoon.

That's still not really walking distance either.... Unless you plan on walking a good 45 minutes to and from work everyday. It would probably be at least an hour for Typhoon.

Hey everyone! I just got accepted into the Disney College Program!!! Yes! I'm super excited, but I want to live with my husband (of course! ) so I won't do the disney housing.

Buena Vista Place apartments looks the best! Not expensive, but that's not what drew me in the most. It's sooo close! It seems you can just walk to work!

Or can you? That's why I need help. I was wondering if you really could walk to work and back. If it was safe enough? Is there like buses at the parking lot or can you jump on the monorail right there? That's what it looked like on google earth but I'm not sure. Yes, I have searched through forum after forum on the subject, but none of it is very current, and there's not much on the whole monorail, bus transportation from the parking lot. Like say if I end up working Animal Kingdom insteak of MK. It would still work if the monorail could take me there and I wouldn't have to deal with traffic.

Any input on this and the apartments themselves at all would be so appreciated! I live too far away to go there and look for myself.

Thank you!

If Buena Vista is closer, why don't you just wear plain clothes and use the same buses as everyone else, then change when you get to work? Or just wear your work pants so you have less costume to carry?

Or even better...There is always the LYNX bus system which is Orange County's bus system, they have stops inside disney!!! www.golynx.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter