Disney Annual Meeting 2015

No problem. That wasnt really the point. I just cant believe any company today is promoting the fact they are paying $10...Walmart did it recently as well. Thats $20,800 salary a year assuming they are working full time. They couldn't afford to get into the parks they work at with that wage. :(

No problem. That wasnt really the point. I just cant believe any company today is promoting the fact they are paying $10...Walmart did it recently as well. Thats $20,800 salary a year assuming they are working full time. They couldn't afford to get into the parks they work at with that wage. :(
But remember they do get admission because they work there, and if they don't like their pay, then they can find another job, but who doesn't want to work at Disneyland!

But remember they do get admission because they work there, and if they don't like their pay, then they can find another job, but who doesn't want to work at Disneyland!

In the case of Orlando...it's always been false to say "they can get another job if they don't like it"

Generally speaking...that statement has been false in the US for along time. Average wages relative to inflation has declined in the US since 1968.

Orlando is as much as 75% or more tied to tourism...they're admission, not my theory...and the wages are gonna be low in perpetuity.

Disney payed more relative to the purchasing power of the dollar in the 70s, 80s than they have since.

Here's what to know when you walk up with your limited edition frozen band and make the mickey head spin:
This is a billion dollar operation that makes hundreds of millions in profits, who prefers full time employees and standards, who simply doesn't pay well.

That's the bottomline. If your comfortable with it/don't care - fine. But don't give them excuses. There's never been an excuse for that. Stock price isn't a valid one. We don't live in an Adam smith laisse faire society and never did. Disney can and probably should do better...so no excuses.

Why not immediately? Doesn't take long to implement.

Because at that time they will have a ton more of Star Wars, marvel, and princess revenue in the fold...
And two years from now a $10 wage will be alot closer relative to inflation as the $8 or so federal minimum AND the federal and most definitely the state minimums in many places will be at that level or Darn close.

I like to cut it raw on these developments...so take me with a grain of salt

But when it comes to labor and Disney claiming to be "man of the people" - especially in Florida - oh no, that is not gonna play

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter