Disney Annual Meeting 2015

Not sure if this has been said, but the " mainsteetmouse" Facebook page is announcing a name change for Hollywood Studios... Any one else confirm this ?

Not sure if this has been said, but the " mainsteetmouse" Facebook page is announcing a name change for Hollywood Studios... Any one else confirm this ?
Yes Bob Iger confirmed the almost already confirmed rumor of a name change coming to DHS in the future but who knows when it will be.

Thanks for this!

Q4) Ooh smoking. This one should be good! In 2014 and this year, there have been no smoking images in any Disney movie. She commends them for corporate responsibility there. However Marvell Studios movies show smoking. Will Iger change this?
A4) New Marvell characters will not smoke. :love:

What Disney movies have included smoking before 2014??

I think my favorite was the guy asking Bob Iger to fix his Annual Pass / Gift card issue. He couldn't even say what was wrong, he just kind of kept reiterating there was some problem that he couldn't get fixed.

Thanks for this!
What Disney movies have included smoking before 2014??

Oh, that questioner was really complimentary. It was minimal. Some 10% of Dis movies (or characters, I don't remember) smoked or contained smoking pre 2014, and none since 2014. She brought up Marvell cuz some 40% of Marvell films did have smoking, and was hoping Dis would stop this, which it seems they intend to. :)

Oh, that questioner was really complimentary. It was minimal. Some 10% of Dis movies (or characters, I don't remember) smoked or contained smoking pre 2014, and none since 2014. She brought up Marvell cuz some 40% of Marvell films did have smoking, and was hoping Dis would stop this, which it seems they intend to. :)
Most of the smoking occurred under Walt, smoking was big then and Walt himself was a big smoker, he died of lung cancer.

Yeah, I assumed it would be Walt but I couldn't for the life of me think of any examples. I remember the smoking in Peter Pan now & I think Pinocchio now you've said that.

I did like how they handled Walt's smoking in Saving Mr Banks - having him coughing down the corridor, stubbing out his cigarette as Travers barged into his office unannounced. If you knew he smoked it was obvious what they were doing, but you never saw it.

Yeah, I assumed it would be Walt but I couldn't for the life of me think of any examples. I remember the smoking in Peter Pan now & I think Pinocchio now you've said that.

I did like how they handled Walt's smoking in Saving Mr Banks - having him coughing down the corridor, stubbing out his cigarette as Travers barged into his office unannounced. If you knew he smoked it was obvious what they were doing, but you never saw it.
And if you noticed Walt always pointed with two fingers as if he had a cigarette. Also very well shown in the movie.

And if you noticed Walt always pointed with two fingers as if he had a cigarette. Also very well shown in the movie.

I did :) Is it true that's where the two-finger point for CMs came from, rather than the whole hand being the primary pointing method?

Interesting. I didn't pick up on that in the movie. :) That actual smoking was not shown.

It's very possible I am not sure on that.

I don't think so. I read in one of my Disney books that the two finger point comes from Walt learning that a single finger pointing is considered rude in many cultures. I wouldn't swear by that, but I think that's what I read.

I don't think so. I read in one of my Disney books that the two finger point comes from Walt learning that a single finger pointing is considered rude in many cultures. I wouldn't swear by that, but I think that's what I read.
That's possible as well. I do know in the movie they used the two fingers to silently show his smoking habit without showing smoking.

$10 an hour if nothing. They shouldnt be patting themselves on the back for that. I just visited CA for the first time and gas was $2.00 PER GALLON more than most of the rest of the country. Cost of living simply cant handle that kind of income level....

$10 an hour if nothing. They shouldnt be patting themselves on the back for that. I just visited CA for the first time and gas was $2.00 PER GALLON more than most of the rest of the country. Cost of living simply cant handle that kind of income level....
$2.00? I'm pretty sure that's where most of the country is right now. I know Wisconsin is like $2.30 and has only dipped below 2 in some states. Plus they are switching to the summer blend which is more expensive. So I don't see how gas in California can be accounted for the cost of living right now. 2 is much better than the 4 dollars it was a year or two ago.

Really? It's $3 plus here on the East Coast. I should think you have a huge discount going in CA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter