Disney & Anniversary?!

WSussex

Mouseketeer
Hi All :goodvibes

We will be in sunny Florida on our 16th Wedding anniversary in June next year - I have read a few threads where people receive special prividges when celebrating a special occaision - I have looked at the Disney UK site but it had very limited info?? Can anyone tell me how to go about getting more info as to what you get and how to do it??:lovestruc

Thanks

S x

What sort of things are you looking to book? There are no special privilidges for free when you are celebrating an anniversary, you might get a card, free glass of wine, free desert etc like we did, but they are just random nice things to get and we did not expect any of them. For our anniversaries in Disney parks we have made a note of it on our reservation and then booked for ourself for something special to do on the actual day - a backstage tour, spa treatment, special meal at a signature restaurant etc. Maybe if you let us now the type of thing you are looking for then people can point you in the right direction.

We celebrated our 20th Anniversary in August, at check in we were given Annivesary badges and in the room was a card with a photopass inside(never miss a trick do they?)
After we had made our ADR's for meals by phone the online sytem started so I added to as many reservations as poss that we were celebrating. We also wore our badges all holiday. Turf club grill we got free champagne, Crystal Palace we got a cup cake and card. Nothing else but constantly got "Happy Anniversary" by Cast members and members of public.

if you go expecting things you may be disappointed, we got married out there and also spent our 1st anniversary there this year and got the badges and photopass like wayne said.

Also all our adrs had anniversary on so some we got free desserts etc but these are not guarenteed

We paid for a private butler dinner at the grand floridian for our anniversary so we were guarenteedthat as something special

we ll be celebrating our 13th anniversary at Victoria and Alberts next year...
i am also sending dh on the train thingy where he as a massive train anorak can see the steam trains being prepped for the day.
there are loads of treats that you can organise, im getting the room decorated and a cake delivered to the room.
oh, and i want one of those badges (i just want the signed card at the crystal palace!!)
hth
tracy

I would request anniversary pins when you check in - the "special" treatment we got for our wedding were simple things like when we went we were given our own boat on POTC and Living with the land, free cupcakes and desserts, nicer tables in restaurants - by windows etc. And of course endless congratulations.

Scojos - how did you go about getting the cake ordered? I would love to do this but wasnt sure who to call.

i think i ll get a cake at one of the restaurants, you do that by ordering when you book your adr, however there is a cake thread on the dining board with the number and some examples on what others have had done...
there are also florists that will deliver themed flowers and gifts to the room, that is on the resort thread, ill see if i can find the links for you
tracy

Nothing is guaranteed, but the kind of free disney things/magic things you may get are:

The aniversary badges
Congratulations/Happy anniversarys from CMs when they see your badges
Customised deserts - saying happy aniversary etc
Free champagne (we got this at CSR bar and at artists point I think).
Personalised Menus (We got some at Citricos and Artists Point).

We were expecting less this year than we got for our honeymoon as we'd heard a lot of the "magic" had been cut back - and assumed a honeymoon would be considered more significant than an aniversary, but we were wrong!

Other special things you should consider paying for on your anniversary are:

Any of the tours
Eat at the Cali Grill - in my opinion eating there and then viewing wishes is best thing you can do on property!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter