Disney and Universal help please

disneyfanbcv

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am a DVC Member and go to Disney ever year with the kids. My 12yr old wants to try Universal. Is there transportation? Should I buy the 2day ticket ? Never been any suggestions will help!!!! Thank you!!! Thought we would stay at SRS to make it easier travel?

Hi, I am a DVC Member and go to Disney ever year with the kids. My 12yr old wants to try Universal. Is there transportation? Should I buy the 2day ticket ? Never been any suggestions will help!!!! Thank you!!! Thought we would stay at SRS to make it easier travel?

I would recommend staying at a Universal resort to get the full experience. With some of the resorts you also get front-of-line access -- sort of like having a fast-pass for every ride.

You should be able to hit most of the big things in 2 days if you spend all day at the parks. I would prefer a more leisurely 3 day stay with plenty of time to enjoy the pool at your resort, city walk, etc.

There is a universal forum on this board as well for help.

If you want to ride the Hogwarts express you need both tickets....there is a ticket and transportation package from dreams unlimited, I believe they get you early access to the parks? Check on that. We took an uber from Disney resort and it was great

Right now there is a 2 day plus 2 days free ticket on Undercover Tourist. Do you already have your Disney tickets?

2-day definitely if you have not been. These are both large full-day parks for first timers. Park-to-park option is important to get the full Harry Potter Experience - specifically the Hogwarts Express that runs between the two parks.
FOTL access is nice if you stay at resort that includes it, but it is also available a-la-carte. We have never purchased FOTL and with proper touring planning isn't generally necessary. Note that FOTL pricing is demand controlled, and gets fairly expensive at busy times (we are March breakers, so it's expensive then), but is probably completely unnecessary when the price drops.
Finally, be prepared for you 12yo to possibly enjoy this park more than Disney. IMO Universal has been out-Disneying Disney for a while when it comes to theming and attractions. I know my kids both prefer Universal to Disney when given the option. You may be opening a Pandora's box here. We now send our older teens off on their own to USF/IOA while DW and I go to MK or Epcot.

Everyone says 2 day tickets are a must. Me, im not too fond of universal so I don't want to spend an extra day there if I don't have to. I usually get 2 parks 1 day ticket...most of the time I'd also buy the express ride pass, or whatever they call it. The only time I've ever done universal over 2 days was in 2014...and that's only because we went with friends. Both parks in one day can be done. If its a busy time of year, yes it might be hard. But that's why you buy the express pass if you can. :)

If your 12 yr old loves harry potter, and if youre looking to save cash, I'd just do "islands of adventure" side.

As for transport, we've done both taxi and mears and both are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter