Disney and Star Wars release

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone know if Disney is doing anything special in Dec at the parks to go with the release of the new Star Wars movie as it is due for release in Dec. Also I know years ago there used to be a theater in downtown Disney but is there still a place on property where the movie may be playing when it comes out?

Thanks for any info.

The theater is still in DTD
No announcements about anything special so far, on parks or otherwise

I haven't heard anything, but I would be pretty shocked if there wasn't a cross promotional event or two. All the new merchandise will be out by then as well.

The theater is still in DTD

Awesome, I thought it was no longer there. My daughter loves Star Wars and we will be in Disney in December so i thought it would be neat if the movie came out while we were there to have the option to go see it there.

Thanks for the info.

The theatres at DTD are supposed to be awesome. I would never waste two hours at a movie at Disney that I could see at home.

The theatres at DTD are supposed to be awesome. I would never waste two hours at a movie at Disney that I could see at home.
Same here. Plus I thought the movie came out in November, not December. But admittedly I haven't paid close attention to the release date

I would never waste two hours at a movie at Disney that I could see at home.

For the most part I agree with this but i was more thinking if they were to do something special with it there on release day or if there was a rainy day type situation.

Same here. Plus I thought the movie came out in November, not December. But admittedly I haven't paid close attention to the release date

It is December (at least up here). Just took my daughter to see inside out (she loved it) and they had posters all over the theater saying coming this December.

December 18 is the release. My son is a Star Wars fan as I am & hope for some event for the release. We hope to maybe see it during a rest period.

December 18 is the release.

Well I guess that leaves us out of deciding whether to see it down there or not. We are there until the 18th so unless they do a midnight screening we wont be there when it releases. Still hopeful for some tied in events however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter