• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney and Pregnant...shoes

PinkCindere11a

Can't Wait to Be King
We will be visiting Disney on July 10th and I will be 5 months pregnant. Does anyone have any suggestions on what shoes to wear?

This is my first pregnancy so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was 27 weeks when I was there last August. I alternated between my Teva Tirras and tennis shoes. It worked great. I also bought a few pairs of cooling socks for when I wore the tennis shoes and they were heavenly.

Keens are really comfy. I bought mine online and found a good discount. Just make sure whatever.you wear is broken in, so you do not get blisters.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I would definitely plan on at least 2 pairs of shoes for when your feet inevitably swell up. We are all bringing our Keens (VERY comfortable) but also Crocs because they have a lot of wiggle room for feet swell.

Crocs were recommended to me by my Doctors and I loved them!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I would recommend hiking sandals, the kind with the adjustable strap. That's all I wear at Disney, and they would still work with any swelling.

I went at the same time in my pregnancy and wore flip flops. I think the main thing is to just pace yourself and take breaks when you need them. Good luck!

I went at 30 weeks and wore crocs (different pairs) every day. By that time, my feet were too swollen to fit into my tennis shoes.

I never went while expecting but I am a bit Pooh-sized. I love my Crocs with socks for WDW. Especially the socks with the arch support, they really seems to help with any fatigue.

I did it at 23w and wore my Crocs and sneakers. Just make sure you're comfortable.

CONGRATS MOMMY! I went to WDW during a fantastic pregnancy. As great as I was at home, Disney added an entire new layer of physical demands on my body so be prepared to feel extra sore and tired. Every night my back hurt, but it was nothing a warm bath and a full night of sleep couldn't keep in check. Drink more water than you think you need to. When you have quenched your thirst, drink more! Sneaky dehydration can trigger contractions.

I was about 5.5 mos on our last trip and wore Nike flip flops the whole time. I wanted Crocs, but couldn't find a pair that fit correctly. I had no issues with swelling (but it was May and not super hot or humid), and was comfortable walking around all day. Definitely listen to your body and take breaks when you need to!

I bought a pair of tennis shoes larger than my normal size to wear during the second half of my pregnancy as my feet were always swollen. I took them and crocs to WDW at 24 weeks. I found the tennis shoes to be much more comfortable for me.

When I was pregnant, my doctor recommended Sketchers Shape Ups when I was going to be doing a lot of walking. They FORCE you to walk with proper posture and prevent you from doing the "belly walk", which causes strain and pain on your back. Your maybe not far enough along to worry about the "belly walk" yet though. I followed his advice, and was wonderfully surprised over how much stress was removed from my back.

I wore my sneakers and flip flops at night, if my feet were swelling. I was @6-6 1/2 months with my first one going in June and 11 weeks with my second going in December.

I went at the same time in my pregnancy and wore flip flops. I think the main thing is to just pace yourself and take breaks when you need them. Good luck!

I also wore flip flops but have never had issues with swelling. Went to WDW when I was 5 months pregnant with DS and now we are taking him to Disneyland and I am also 5 months pregnant with DS#2! Stay hydrated and definately pace yourself!

Tennis shoes for the parks (with extra socks), but if you're looking for a nice shoe for dressing up, see if you can find a flat pair of shoes by Clark. They are usually sold in Rack Room shoes or places like that. VERY Comfortable and nice looking shoes. You'll be large enough by that point that you're going to be a bit off balance, so you won't want heels. I bought some Mary Janes they made last year and they are so cute and comfortable I am still wearing them now.

I started wearing crocs right around that time, and now I'm proud to say "my name is Alyssa, and I'm a crocoholic." :rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I was about 4 months pregnant when I got my first pair, and chickened out on wearing them at WDW that first trip, and we had another quick trip about 6 weeks later, and I wore them, and now it's the only shoe I'll wear in the parks. Actually, they're the only shoes I really wear at all now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter