• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney and FL residents.

lucigo

DIS Veteran
Every time I see the two parks for $99 deal it just makes me laugh. Do they really think thats going to get us in the park??? With the economy so bad you would think they would want us to come visit and yet it seems the resident rates have been unimpressive. I've actually considered staying off site, perhaps even visiting the competition!

Yes I tend to agree with you, big deal?? It's like a $10 savings, wooppee do!:confused3 It seemed like it wasn't so long ago that a Play 4 Pass was just over a $100. And that 2 day pass doesn't even include park hopping, it's a joke!

However the AP rates have been pretty good. The seasonal AP is still the best deal since you can get the AP rate for the resort (or the FL resident but these days the AP rates are usually just a bit better).

I saw it and laughed too! That and the hotel rates have gone all crappy - no more discounts on the weekends?!? What's that about? When do they think most FLR's can come and spend money? On the weekend - DUH. But if I have to pay rack rates there's no way our family can afford to come, especially in this crap economy. Seriously. What were they thinking? :sad2:

I agree. I really don't see how they think the $99 deal is going to get Floridians that don't already go to the parks to go. I know tons of people that go to Universal just because it is cheaper...they have never even been to Disney.

As for the hotel rates. Apparently Disney is satisifed with the occupancy numbers. But...they may sell more of those $99 tickets if they gave a weekend hotel discount to residents.

Yes, that 2 day ticket is a joke. The Play 3 or 4 is a much better deal. Personally, I am getting a seasonal pass and hoping for some nice AP rates in the upcoming year. :)

I was HORRIBLY dissapointed with the FL resident discount on a 2 bedroom villa at the WL. My AAA discount was actually a better deal tha the FL resident one! How crazy is that? What happend to the 'up to 45% off' room rates? ON a villa, it was less than 20% off!

Our seasonal passes just expired. I was planning to renew them using one-day passes we got during the disney visa free dining promo but I think we are going to hold off for a while now. It just kills me not having a disney ticker or two going LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter