• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney After Hours - what to expect for non-ticketed guests?

tiffne

Earning My Ears
So Disney has added a DAH event on our second MK night (June 28). I'd be game to try it but we're already shelling out $$ for EMM and HEA dessert party (June 24) and can't change those plans.

Our plan was to stay through park close (10 p.m.) and enjoy the fireworks from somewhere not in the hub. Can anyone give me input as to how things will change with DAH happening? Will the park get much more crowded? Will we get kicked out immediately at 10 even if we are in line for something? Are there any upsides to this that I'm missing?

We can't really adjust our week's plans anyway so we'll be at MK regardless... just trying to know what to expect.

Where are the dates for this????
Crap, nevermind. Not for our early June dates. I'd go in a heartbeat.

• Thursday, June 28, from 10 p.m.- 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, June 30, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 7, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Monday, July 9, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 14, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 21, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 28, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, August 4, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, August 11, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Thursday, August 30, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
  • Thursday, September 20, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

So Disney has added a DAH event on our second MK night (June 28). I'd be game to try it but we're already shelling out $$ for EMM and HEA dessert party (June 24) and can't change those plans.

Our plan was to stay through park close (10 p.m.) and enjoy the fireworks from somewhere not in the hub. Can anyone give me input as to how things will change with DAH happening? Will the park get much more crowded? Will we get kicked out immediately at 10 even if we are in line for something? Are there any upsides to this that I'm missing?

We can't really adjust our week's plans anyway so we'll be at MK regardless... just trying to know what to expect.
DAH guests will begin entering MK at 7:00. In some cases, their DAH IDs will allow them to FP rides so Standby lines may become a little slower at the end of the night.

Plan to get in line for your last ride before the park closes.

I would totally do this but the events are literally flanking my July trip, one the day before we arrive and one the night we fly out...

Matt

When we went in January they ceased letting non DAH ticketed people in line at the cut off hour, if you were in line you were fine. For 7 Dwarfs they had the DAH people go through the FastPass line and the others were filtered in until that queue was emptied. We saw a few people trying to sneak in but the CMs turned them away.

We loved the DAH, it was quiet and we could pretty much walk on the rides. Was it worth the cost? That's up for debate but it was just my wife and I and we both felt it was a great way to spend our last night at Disney.

DAH guests will begin entering MK at 7:00. In some cases, their DAH IDs will allow them to FP rides so Standby lines may become a little slower at the end of the night.

When we went in January they ceased letting non DAH ticketed people in line at the cut off hour, if you were in line you were fine. For 7 Dwarfs they had the DAH people go through the FastPass line and the others were filtered in until that queue was emptied. We saw a few people trying to sneak in but the CMs turned them away.

We loved the DAH, it was quiet and we could pretty much walk on the rides. Was it worth the cost? That's up for debate but it was just my wife and I and we both felt it was a great way to spend our last night at Disney.

Thank you both! If I had known before I booked EMM there would be a DAH I would have probably have gone for DAH since we are more of the night-owl variety, however, we are going with the early bird in-laws and so we can't change our plans away from EMM.

Just hoping things won't be too crazy packed for us as DAH people filter in! I was looking forward to (our only, lol) stress-free evening of hitting some rides and not worrying about jockeying for position for HEA.

So if you have DAH tickets you can start using the fast pass lines after 7? That would be amazing. Am I understanding that correctly?

So if you have DAH tickets you can start using the fast pass lines after 7? That would be amazing. Am I understanding that correctly?
In the Reviews in the main DAH thread by @GADisneyDad14, some guests were allowed to enter the FP lines by showing their DAH lanyard. It may or may not continue for the summer as it’s a busier time of year.

• The tickets DO sell out, so get them when you can.
  • You might want to check the park hours again, usually if the DAH starts at 9pm they usually start shuffling folks without a lanyard out at that time.
  • You can't start using your lanyard as a FP until the time that event officially starts (usually 9pm). If the ride is slow then the CM will let you slide in with you lanyard in the FP line...but not usually.
  • I done this event in March and will be doing it again in June. 100% worth it!

Last edited:
Crap, nevermind. Not for our early June dates. I'd go in a heartbeat.

• Thursday, June 28, from 10 p.m.- 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, June 30, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 7, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Monday, July 9, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 14, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 21, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 28, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, August 4, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Saturday, August 11, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Thursday, August 30, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
  • Thursday, September 20, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

Oh my, I might bump my trip so I can do this again. :idea:

(deleted post)

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-2_16-1-49.png
    upload_2018-5-2_16-1-49.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter