Disney After Hours Summer/Fall 2019 Dates?

rosie2490

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

New to the DIS boards (long time lurker, first-time poster). My husband and I are headed down in September so I can see Illuminations one last time. It will be his first and only other trip since he was under 10 years old. I want to try to show him a good time and try to make it as hassle-free for him as possible so he'll want to come back in 2020 for my 30th birthday trip!

We're going to try to save a little money and avoid (bigger) crowds and waits by hitting up MNSSHP on one of the nights but I was hoping there would be some After Hours events available at least one of the nights we're there. I know After Hours is relatively new but does anyone have any inkling if it might be available in September? I'm not buying our park tickets until the end of June/early July in order to book Fast Passes ASAP so I'm hoping dates will be posted by then since they're only posted thru April at the moment. If it's any help, our dates are 9/2 - 9/7 (god help us, we booked our hotel 3 days before the Galaxy's Edge opening date was announced). If there are After Hours or Early Morning Magic events available I will be buying those tickets instead of full-day tickets.

I've been almost more times than I can count but he's not so sure he'll like it. I know After Hours events are more expensive than regular park tickets but personally, I think it's worth it for us in order to (basically) have the park to ourselves. Unless they increase the number of tickets available each night exponentially, of course.

Thanks for any help!

I know After Hours events are more expensive than regular park tickets but personally, I think it's worth it for us in order to (basically) have the park to ourselves. Unless they increase the number of tickets available each night exponentially, of course.

MK had DAH on Aug 30 last year, but didn't have another one until Sept 20, so it doesn't look good for your dates.

With GE opening, I wouldn't expect HS to have them at all.

AK just started having them, so there's no way to know if they will or not.

EP doesn't have one, so you'll have to purchase a regular park ticket for that park to see Illuminations.

As for MNSSHP, I would go find some trip reports from that time period to see how crowded/uncrowded the parties are that week. Disney has definitely increased the number of tickets they sell to the parties and it's to the point where they no longer feel exclusive and sometimes feel more crowded than a normal park day.

MK had DAH on Aug 30 last year, but didn't have another one until Sept 20, so it doesn't look good for your dates.

With GE opening, I wouldn't expect HS to have them at all.

AK just started having them, so there's no way to know if they will or not.

EP doesn't have one, so you'll have to purchase a regular park ticket for that park to see Illuminations.

As for MNSSHP, I would go find some trip reports from that time period to see how crowded/uncrowded the parties are that week. Disney has definitely increased the number of tickets they sell to the parties and it's to the point where they no longer feel exclusive and sometimes feel more crowded than a normal park day.

Thanks! Yeah, according to touringplans the first and second week of September for MNSSHP historically have lesser crowds than later in the month or closer to October. I've been to MNSSHP and MVMCP before and, while crowded, they're still less so than a normal day at the park I've found. Average wait times don't usually top 45 min for even the most popular rides. We don't really care about meeting characters so that part doesn't matter to me, I know those waits can be pretty crazy.

:welcome: To the DIS (even if a long time lurker).

We don’t really know when and/or if any DAH events will be offered in the fall. I do agree it’s a slim/none chance at DHS, but hard to say about MK or DAK. You can watch these threads to keep an eye out for dates, lots of folks in your shoes watching/waiting.

Disney After Hours

**Disney After Hours-Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

**Disney After Hours-Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I've been to MNSSHP and MVMCP before

Just curious as to how long ago that was? The last two years, even the Sept parties have seen a significant uptick. I'm not saying, don't do it, but if it's been a few years, you may be unpleasantly surprised.

We don’t really know when and/or if any DAH events will be offered in the fall. I do agree it’s a slim/none chance at DHS, but hard to say about MK or DAK. You can watch these threads to keep an eye out for dates, lots of folks in your shoes watching/waiting.

Thank you!

Disney After Hours

**Disney After Hours-Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

**Disney After Hours-Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I think the slim to no chance of DAH at DHS end of August through September may now be probable. With the announcement of the new hours from Aug 29 - Nov 2 and the heavily increased EMH and slight changes in park closing times, I think they are leaving the late nights open for DAH events. If the intention was to offer evening EMH, then I think that would've been part of today's announcement. Time will tell of course and I really do hope that Aug/Sept DAH events get announced soon. It is the last piece of my plan that is missing for late August.

I think the slim to no chance of DAH at DHS end of August through September may now be probable. With the announcement of the new hours from Aug 29 - Nov 2 and the heavily increased EMH and slight changes in park closing times, I think they are leaving the late nights open for DAH events. If the intention was to offer evening EMH, then I think that would've been part of today's announcement. Time will tell of course and I really do hope that Aug/Sept DAH events get announced soon. It is the last piece of my plan that is missing for late August.

...another watcher/waiter here. Would like DAH for HS but will be even happy with just MK for the time I'm looking to book.

Early Morning Magic events available I will be buying those tickets instead of full-day tickets.

Keep in mind - any Early Morning Magic events require a park ticket for the park that you are attending as well.

Only thing I can think maybe of the very early hours too is because of all of the MNSSHP parties during that time so it's hard to say if they would have after hours. But of course I could be wrong.

Hi Everyone!

New to the DIS boards (long time lurker, first-time poster). My husband and I are headed down in September so I can see Illuminations one last time. It will be his first and only other trip since he was under 10 years old. I want to try to show him a good time and try to make it as hassle-free for him as possible so he'll want to come back in 2020 for my 30th birthday trip!

We're going to try to save a little money and avoid (bigger) crowds and waits by hitting up MNSSHP on one of the nights but I was hoping there would be some After Hours events available at least one of the nights we're there. I know After Hours is relatively new but does anyone have any inkling if it might be available in September? I'm not buying our park tickets until the end of June/early July in order to book Fast Passes ASAP so I'm hoping dates will be posted by then since they're only posted thru April at the moment. If it's any help, our dates are 9/2 - 9/7 (god help us, we booked our hotel 3 days before the Galaxy's Edge opening date was announced). If there are After Hours or Early Morning Magic events available I will be buying those tickets instead of full-day tickets.

I've been almost more times than I can count but he's not so sure he'll like it. I know After Hours events are more expensive than regular park tickets but personally, I think it's worth it for us in order to (basically) have the park to ourselves. Unless they increase the number of tickets available each night exponentially, of course.

Thanks for any help!
Chances of EMM at any park in Sept is pretty much zero. The expanded EMH hours have pretty much eliminated that possibility.

DAH at MK won’t happen. Not with MNSSP occurring 2-3 nights per week.

DAH at AK is a possibility but I wouldn’t hold out a lot of hope for DHS. THE 10 PM closing and 6 AM opening the next morning is not going to allow much time for clean up and maintenance at DHS.

Chances of EMM at any park in Sept is pretty much zero. The expanded EMH hours have pretty much eliminated that possibility.

DAH at MK won’t happen. Not with MNSSP occurring 2-3 nights per week.

DAH at AK is a possibility but I wouldn’t hold out a lot of hope for DHS. THE 10 PM closing and 6 AM opening the next morning is not going to allow much time for clean up and maintenance at DHS.

They had a couple of DAH at MK last year during MNSSHP. I went to the one in late August and there was another one in the 2nd or 3rd week of September. They weren't as frequent as the summer, but they were offered. There is no precedent for AK or DHs since they weren't offered last summer/fall, but I do agree that the chances at DHS are slim to none for at least the first part of Fall. I fully expect some type of up charge event involving GE, but who knows how long until we see that.

They had a couple of DAH at MK last year during MNSSHP. I went to the one in late August and there was another one in the 2nd or 3rd week of September. They weren't as frequent as the summer, but they were offered. There is no precedent for AK or DHs since they weren't offered last summer/fall, but I do agree that the chances at DHS are slim to none for at least the first part of Fall. I fully expect some type of up charge event involving GE, but who knows how long until we see that.
They’re doing MNSSHP on Sun., Tues. and Fri. nights in September with evening EMH on Weds. nights. That leaves just 3 nights (Mon, Thurs, Sat) per week for DAH at the MK and DAH s not typically done on Saturdays. Anything is possible but I just don’t see it happening.

But I agree that there will be an up-charge event for SW:GE. Disney would be leaving $$$ on the table not to do so.

They’re doing MNSSHP on Sun., Tues. and Fri. nights in September with evening EMH on Weds. nights. That leaves just 3 nights (Mon, Thurs, Sat) per week for DAH at the MK and DAH s not typically done on Saturdays. Anything is possible but I just don’t see it happening.

But I agree that there will be an up-charge event for SW:GE. Disney would be leaving $$$ on the table not to do so.

The DAH last year Aug/Sept was Thursdsy. I'll admit I'm wishful thinking as much as predicting here, because I'm as clueless as everybody else until they announce, which I hope is soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter