• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I was going back and forth on purchasing myself a ticket for 12/8 and ended up deciding against it. I did however keep my original HS plans which involved an 8pm Sci-Fi dinner. Well I had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated and ended up finishing dinner and leaving the restaurant around 10pm. I looked at the app and everything had a 5 minute wait besides ToT with its 13 minute wait :upsidedow

The park was absolutely empty as I walked from Commissary Lane to Hollywood Boulevard. It was actually eerie to see it with all the stores closed and no people besides CMs wristband checking. I was never asked by a CM for a wristband, but I headed right out so I guess no need for them to verify.

I will have to do this on a future trip. DHS offers a majority of my favorite rides, hands down!

Have any of the reviews mentioned if people can stay on rides? I'd love to ride RNRC or ToT and be able to stay on...

I was there Saturday night and the only ride they allowed us to stay on was AS2. To be fair, the only other ride we proactively asked about was RNRC but we were told we had to walk the whole queue again.

I was there Saturday night and the only ride they allowed us to stay on was AS2. To be fair, the only other ride we proactively asked about was RNRC but we were told we had to walk the whole queue again.
Were there other people waiting for your row on rnrc?

So I bought tickets for this and AK's after hours event. They show they are linked on my MDE. Can I just go in and scan to get my wristband or do I have to go to guest services first like others are mentioning above?

I guess this question also goes for the Mickeys Christmas Party, shows it's linked, am I good to go or do I have to go to guest services?

So I bought tickets for this and AK's after hours event. They show they are linked on my MDE. Can I just go in and scan to get my wristband or do I have to go to guest services first like others are mentioning above?

I guess this question also goes for the Mickeys Christmas Party, shows it's linked, am I good to go or do I have to go to guest services?

As far as I know... If they are linked in your MDE you can just scan at one of the designated entrances to get your wristband and you're good to go.

As far as I know... If they are linked in your MDE you can just scan at one of the designated entrances to get your wristband and you're good to go.
Yes you’re right. The key words are going through the DESIGNATED entrance to tap your band

I think someone mentioned that they were able to stay on TSM.

Forgot about this when I originally replied, but we were able to stay on TSM as well. Actually there were people waiting for our row so we got off and then they let us get right back on in empty seats.

Thanks for this, first I've seen of it I think. It's either an error on the calendar or they are adding it as a date and haven't updated the DAH website list of dates yet. If anyone calls and is able to buy tickets for 1/26, I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

I called today to book on the 26th of January and was told by the cast member that it wasn’t available to book. I told them about how it shows up in the calendar, but they said they definitely couldn’t book it. Maybe just a glitch in the system, but I’m going to keep checking and waiting for more dates to be released.

Thanks for posting - his review is helpful and I am now even more excited for it! The take on value is kind of along the lines that I was thinking...I looked back at what I did at DAH at MK last year, and I did about 13 attractions (some duplicates) at a fairly slow pace. I love 4 of the rides available for HS and I haven't been on the two new TSL ones, so my hope was maybe 12 attractions if possible...maybe throw in an Olaf or Mickey and Minnie...Hopefully the crowds won't grow too much in the next few weeks! I think maybe my husband's somewhat weak stomach may be the biggest obstacle of the evening.

So it seems that you can get on all rides except SDD at 8:00 by showing your wristband. I was planning on doing Fantasmic that night but now I am wondering if we can start rides at 8 if I should plan on fantasmic another night. Anyone else doing Fantasmic or SW fireworks/JBJB before DAH?

So it seems that you can get on all rides except SDD at 8:00 by showing your wristband. I was planning on doing Fantasmic that night but now I am wondering if we can start rides at 8 if I should plan on fantasmic another night. Anyone else doing Fantasmic or SW fireworks/JBJB before DAH?

We are going to watch Movie Magic if it’s still happening and maybe fireworks, too. I’d like to.

I don't think we'll do Fantasmic but I haven't seen movie magic so I'd like to see that...I'd really like to see SW fireworks again (especially since they may have changed since the last time I saw them, but not sure?) but not sure I want to give up the DAH time. Maybe I'll try to find out how long they last.

ETA: 14 minutes!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter