Disney 100 Year Celebration and Cinderella Castle Decorations

Mcert01

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I realize this question is way early, but we are planning a trip to WDW in April, 2023. It will be our 5 yo Granddaughter's first visit. I have been waiting to see the look on her face when she walk down Main Street and sees the castle for many years before she was even born. She and I have a special bond, so now I'm anticipating even more than I was when I was a Papa wannabe. lol. I'm welling up a bit just thinking about it....

My concern is that the 50th anniversary celebration is ending in March, 2023 and the 100th anniversary of the Disney company is in October, 2023. This could mean that the castle might be covered in scaffolding to remove the 50th anniversary decorations and all the 100th anniversary decorations. I'm pretty confident they won't repaint the castle, so the change over would be shorter, however I can see a scenario where the castle would be covered while we are there.

Do any of the WDW vets have any guesses, insights, etc. on this? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Most of these decorations are put up and taken down overnight. It's actually pretty impressive how they seem to be able to do this with no one seeing. I don't recall any scaffolding to put up the decorations so I don't imagine there will be any to take them down either.

Most of these decorations are put up and taken down overnight. It's actually pretty impressive how they seem to be able to do this with no one seeing. I don't recall any scaffolding to put up the decorations so I don't imagine there will be any to take them down either.

That's what I'm hoping, that it's like the Halloween to Christmas change. Just magically happens over night. :) I'm just a little nervous that they do something which requires a prolonged change like it did when they painted and decorated for the 50th.

Do we even know if they are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Company, let alone decorating The Castle? I doubt they will be doing anything.

Do we even know if they are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Company, let alone decorating The Castle? I doubt they will be doing anything.
Oh, I think the merchandising opportunities alone means that Disney will be celebrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter