• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

Probably most people will realize this, but just in case:

If you want to buy a magic band on the Disney website, and don't care how fancy it is, make sure to scroll all the way through to the end of the options. Instead of paying $34.99 or $24.99, there are plain ones in nice colors for $9.99 each. :-)

Probably most people will realize this, but just in case:

If you want to buy a magic band on the Disney website, and don't care how fancy it is, make sure to scroll all the way through to the end of the options. Instead of paying $34.99 or $24.99, there are plain ones in nice colors for $9.99 each. :-)
Yes but please note these are MB2 and not MB+. They are the previous version of MBs.

We use these but if guests are looking for the interactive MBs, these do not interact.

I have a trip coming up in January with extended family members. They all need new Magic Bands since they can't find theirs from a previous trip. If we order them now, will they be shipped fairly promptly? Or will they be shipped only at the "last minute" before the trip?

The reservation is in my name (DVC) and their Disney "identities" are under my planning control. If the Magic Bands must be shipped to my address right before our check-in date, it will create a problem since I'll be leaving home 10 days before our check-in date and might easily miss the shipment. This exact scenario happened a few years ago, and fortunately the bands arrived in the morning mail on the very day I was leaving. I want to avoid stressing about the bands arriving after I've already left.

They only want to order the regular Magic Bands, not the plus version. If I were to wait till the last minute to order them so that they will be shipped to the resort, we don't want to take the chance that the regular ones won't be available then. We'd also rather not have to wait and purchase them after arrival, but would prefer to have them in advance.

Any suggestions how best to proceed? Thanks so much!

I have a trip coming up in January with extended family members. They all need new Magic Bands since they can't find theirs from a previous trip. If we order them now, will they be shipped fairly promptly? Or will they be shipped only at the "last minute" before the trip?

The reservation is in my name (DVC) and their Disney "identities" are under my planning control. If the Magic Bands must be shipped to my address right before our check-in date, it will create a problem since I'll be leaving home 10 days before our check-in date and might easily miss the shipment. This exact scenario happened a few years ago, and fortunately the bands arrived in the morning mail on the very day I was leaving. I want to avoid stressing about the bands arriving after I've already left.

They only want to order the regular Magic Bands, not the plus version. If I were to wait till the last minute to order them so that they will be shipped to the resort, we don't want to take the chance that the regular ones won't be available then. We'd also rather not have to wait and purchase them after arrival, but would prefer to have them in advance.

They will ship a few days after you place the order.

If you are ordering Pre-arrival discounted bands through My Disney Experience for the reservation, they will ship as soon as they engrave the names on the back, and then take 7-14 days to arrive. They will be assigned and linked to the appropriate people in your party. Plenty of time for them to get to you, and you to send to the family before the trip.

If you order bands from Shop Disney dot com, they will ship quickly after order. But you will need to link and assign the bands before they can be used.

For those intersted, attached is a picture of the bands which are available for Pre-Arrival Discount (for room reservation or Annual Pass) as of 10:45am Eastern on 9/13/2023.

Expand the Spoiler to see it:

2023-09-13_11-01-23-1.jpg
2023-09-13_10-47-47-2.jpg

If you are ordering Pre-arrival discounted bands through My Disney Experience for the reservation, they will ship as soon as they engrave the names on the back, and then take 7-14 days to arrive. They will be assigned and linked to the appropriate people in your party. Plenty of time for them to get to you, and you to send to the family before the trip.

If you order bands from Shop Disney dot com, they will ship quickly after order. But you will need to link and assign the bands before they can be used.
Thanks for the great info! I'll be ordering through MDE. Glad to hear that timing shouldn't be at all a last minute thing this time around.

Is the option to purchase & customized MBs via MDE account for a future trip not working for others today?

Doing a three day trip with my adult daughters next month. Magicband+ seems like an expense we could skip. I’ll be on my phone all the time with G+ and DDs are 25 so taking phones out to swipe shouldn’t be an issue. We don’t have bands from previous trips. I might be able to find actual cards stuck in a drawer somewhere but phones should suffice.

Am I missing something with this thinking?

Doing a three day trip with my adult daughters next month. Magicband+ seems like an expense we could skip. I’ll be on my phone all the time with G+ and DDs are 25 so taking phones out to swipe shouldn’t be an issue. We don’t have bands from previous trips. I might be able to find actual cards stuck in a drawer somewhere but phones should suffice.

Am I missing something with this thinking?
No, you’re not missing anything.

Some guests find a ticket card more convenient to use than a phone at park entrances and LL entrances.

If you don't have cards in a drawer, you can always pick them up, no charge, on your way into a park (we generally stop at a ticket window to do so on our way in).

If anyone has an Apple Watch then you can use an Apple Watch like a Magic Band. I would get cards as a back up for everyone.

The other day I linked our Magic Bands to MDE but they're not showing up. Is it because I've since added a 1 night stay at CBR? If so, must I re link the bands? Thanks so much!

The other day I linked our Magic Bands to MDE but they're not showing up. Is it because I've since added a 1 night stay at CBR? If so, must I re link the bands? Thanks so much!
Once linked to MDE, they remain linked to MDE. If looking at the MDE website, check the MDE mobile app instead. The MagicBand & Cards page on the MDE website has been displaying weirdly for me lately.

Once linked to MDE, they remain linked to MDE. If looking at the MDE website, check the MDE mobile app instead. The MagicBand & Cards page on the MDE website has been displaying weirdly for me lately.
Thanks a million- the bands showed up on the MDE mobile app. Was freaking out and your info helped!

What happens if you find second-hand MagicBands (thrifting/garage sales) that have not been unlinked? Are you able to unlink it from the original account in order to activate them to your account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter