Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

If you look on the website under My Disney Experience - My Magicband and Cards, it will list all MBs and cards assigned to each person associated with your MDE account. As long as the MB in question is listed and shows active it will work indefinitely for any reservations or tickets associated with that account.

There is a battery in the MB that will eventually die, (reports speculate about 2-3 years) that will render long-range functions (ride photos, name recognitions, etc.) unavailable. However, direct contact points (park entry tapstiles, ride tapstiles, POS functions, resort door key, etc.) theoretically should work forever.

Can be done in MDE. I just did mine a few days ago.
Was there much of a selection on site? We are FINALLY going back in 23 days and our son, who has Down Syndrome, has been asking for a new Disney Band. We went to order online and there is literally no selection (like there were 4 or 5 options online) I keep telling him when we get there we will find him one.

Older Magicbands can still be used for park entry, scanning into LLs/ILLs and for entering your hotel room if staying on property as those actions don't require a battery. If the battery has died the Magicband won't be able to automatically get Photopass photos after rides. My sister has an older Magicband (maybe about 3-4 years old) and it worked for everything except ride photos. She didn't receive any of them automatically meanwhile I have a Magicband that is less than a year old and received every photo without scanning into anything.

Older Magicbands can still be used for park entry, scanning into LLs/ILLs and for entering your hotel room if staying on property as those actions don't require a battery. If the battery has died the Magicband won't be able to automatically get Photopass photos after rides. My sister has an older Magicband (maybe about 3-4 years old) and it worked for everything except ride photos. She didn't receive any of them automatically meanwhile I have a Magicband that is less than a year old and received every photo without scanning into anything.

Great to know, thank you! I'll order a new band for one us so we get the ride photos and the rest of us can use one of our old bands.

I'm not sure if this is a question that has been answered before or not, I did look to make sure I haven't missed it.
This will be my second trip within a year and my 3rd since magic bands have been a thing. So, I have plenty of back up magic bands. I figured the ones we got last Oct will still have a decent battery as well. We are bringing my parents this year and when I was linking everything to them, I noticed there were hardly any magic band options. So, I went ahead and declined a new magic band for me nd my family and got my parents two plain magic bands with the pre-arrival discount.

We will be at Disney the end of July. If the Magic Band + comes out, did I lose out on my pre-arrival discount for it? I noticed there is not a way to go back in and order bands for me and the ones I declined magic bands for. It's no big deal if i have to just buy them at retail price in the store once I get there, but it would have been nice to get a little discount. This is all ifs of course; I know they haven't made an official announcement on when they will be out.

I'm not sure if this is a question that has been answered before or not, I did look to make sure I haven't missed it.
This will be my second trip within a year and my 3rd since magic bands have been a thing. So, I have plenty of back up magic bands. I figured the ones we got last Oct will still have a decent battery as well. We are bringing my parents this year and when I was linking everything to them, I noticed there were hardly any magic band options. So, I went ahead and declined a new magic band for me nd my family and got my parents two plain magic bands with the pre-arrival discount.

We will be at Disney the end of July. If the Magic Band + comes out, did I lose out on my pre-arrival discount for it? I noticed there is not a way to go back in and order bands for me and the ones I declined magic bands for. It's no big deal if i have to just buy them at retail price in the store once I get there, but it would have been nice to get a little discount. This is all ifs of course; I know they haven't made an official announcement on when they will be out.
Yes, you've lost any chance of a pre-arrival discount on the MagicBand+. If you happen to have an AP or be a DVC member that's eligible for Membership Extras, you would be eligible for a merchandise discount if you purchased them at WDW.

We're going to need/want Magic Bands for our September trip but it sounds like we should wait for Magic Band +
The selection was pretty band so I haven't ordered anything - couldn't even find the plain bands.

We're going to need/want Magic Bands for our September trip but it sounds like we should wait for Magic Band +
The selection was pretty band so I haven't ordered anything - couldn't even find the plain bands.
Also getting there end of September and holding off for now

So if the battery does not work, can it be replaced at Disney?

So if the battery does not work, can it be replaced at Disney?
No, MB batteries can’t be replaced. However, the battery isn’t needed for any functions where you touch Mickey to Mickey, such as tapping in to parks or LLs, opening resort room doors, and charging food or merchandise to your resort room. The only thing the battery is needed for is linking photos where there’s no touch point after the ride, such as on SDMT. If you turn on Bluetooth on your cell phone and allow MDE to use Bluetooth, photos will link that way.

This may be a really stupid question. I skimmed the thread but didn't see it in the first couple of pages...is the magic band water proof? We will be at TL one day, should we take them off?

This may be a really stupid question. I skimmed the thread but didn't see it in the first couple of pages...is the magic band water proof? We will be at TL one day, should we take them off?
Magicbands are waterproof. I've worn mine in the resort pool and it still works perfectly fine.

I want to use old magic bands from 2014. They aren’t showing linked on MDE. I know for a fact we used them. Can I relink them with the number on the back?

Last edited:
When MagicBand+ comes out will they replace the current MagicBands in the "Choose MagicBands" page for package reservations? Or will it be and either/or situation where you pick whether you want MB regular or MB+?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter