Disney’s Resort Massage & Fitness Spa Reviews

Anyone have pictures of any of the spas?

Unfortunately GF spa is closed and don't think we will make the trek to SSR. How are the other hotels massage services? Particularly Yacht Club, Boardwalk, and Contemporary.

DH and I are going child-less this March for my birthday and would like to relax and get a massage. Which hotel has the best?

Thanks!

Has anyone been to both the Mandara Spa and the Spa at the Saratoga Springs? Which one do you prefer and why? Thinking about possibly trying one for our next trip.

Has anyone been to both the Mandara Spa and the Spa at the Saratoga Springs? Which one do you prefer and why? Thinking about possibly trying one for our next trip.

My DH is a massage junkie and always gets one at the GF spa, until it closed. So he went to the SSR this past November and had the MT from the GF do his massage. Mary Anne is her name. Great MT he says.

BUT...as much as he loves the massages, he said he will NOT go back to the SSR cause its too much of a hassle and he said the actual spa is not that great.

I have been to all three of the main spas; SSR, Mandarin, and GF. I would rank them in that order.

I normally stay at POR.

SSR appealed to me most, because of its location, the wonderful services, and the restaurant, The Turf Club. There is nothing better than a water taxi ride from POR to DTD, and then over to SSR. A wonderful spa treatment and a wonderful lunch out on the patio and a walk over to DTD (or the water taxi back) to do some shopping and walking around. Then the water taxi ride back to POR is delightful.

Has anyone tried the Spa at Shades of Green?

Also, I'm trying to get an idea of the "spa" environments with the various locations around Disney.
I like true spas where there are saunas, hot tubs, and steam rooms. Which spas have these amenities available? Also, I'm concerned about these environments with children under 18 (no offense). Are they bathing suit mandatory (I'm used to spas where you are au natural)? I just want to make sure I go in with the correct perception. :goodvibes

I love Marqi (Grand Floridian Staff) now at Saratoga Springs and other rotations during the current spa renovations. I have chronic neck and upper back pain as well as migraines and the Aurum Manus Signature Massage by Marqi is the most incredible massage experience each and every time. My husband and I go to Disney several times a year and always schedule one. my physical therapist and neurologist are highly supportive of this as a great therapy.
Can I request Marqi to come to AKL? If I ask, is Marqi a he or a she?

I have been to all three of the main spas; SSR, Mandarin, and GF. I would rank them in that order.

I normally stay at POR.

SSR appealed to me most, because of its location, the wonderful services, and the restaurant, The Turf Club. There is nothing better than a water taxi ride from POR to DTD, and then over to SSR. A wonderful spa treatment and a wonderful lunch out on the patio and a walk over to DTD (or the water taxi back) to do some shopping and walking around. Then the water taxi ride back to POR is delightful.

My DH is a massage junkie and always gets one at the GF spa, until it closed. So he went to the SSR this past November and had the MT from the GF do his massage. Mary Anne is her name. Great MT he says.

BUT...as much as he loves the massages, he said he will NOT go back to the SSR cause its too much of a hassle and he said the actual spa is not that great.

Thank you both for the feedback. My big concern was that the SSR spa was kind of off the beaten path for us. Normally, we stay at the Poly. I'm also really big into trying to see what a place looks like before going - mostly because some of the settings I have seen locally seem almost sterile and not comfortable at all. I'm sure that is not the case at SSR, but it would have been nice to see some pictures of their rooms.

I have to say the pictures of the Mandara look truly amazing. The cost is a bit more at the Mandara compared to the SSR, just wondering if it was worth the increase in cost..

How much do some massages run at WDW? My Dh could really use one and I was thinking of surprising him but I want to work it into the budget without his noticing!

So is the GF spa permanately closed? I repeat another poster question about which spa locations offer hot tub, steam rooms and showers with soaps and shampoo?

Hi all...I have a spa question...I am a DVC member and have an AP...Just wondering whether I will get the best deal at SSR or Mandara Spa...Just want to give Mom one for Mother's day but on a tight budget, or since we will be at BLT if I should do one of those???? THoughts? TIA

I went to the Mandara spa at Universal last year and it was absolutely heavenly. It was a beautiful place with a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff was very nice also. I had a hot stone massage and the fire and ice pedicure.

I'm trying to decide if I should book something for an upcoming trip in May. I will be traveling with my daughter *7*. So I am wondering if I can schedule an in room sitter and then slip away for a massage?

We are staying at the Beach Club. I am wondering how the transportation to the Swan and Dolphin will work from there. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

So is the GF spa permanately closed? I repeat another poster question about which spa locations offer hot tub, steam rooms and showers with soaps and shampoo?

Has anyone tried the Spa at Shades of Green?

Also, I'm trying to get an idea of the "spa" environments with the various locations around Disney.
I like true spas where there are saunas, hot tubs, and steam rooms. Which spas have these amenities available? Also, I'm concerned about these environments with children under 18 (no offense). Are they bathing suit mandatory (I'm used to spas where you are au natural)? I just want to make sure I go in with the correct perception. :goodvibes

I've been to SSR Spa and yes it has these things and using them is included in the price of whatever treatment you buy. Whenever I have been no-one has been in them. Very quiet! Considering they ask for the wearing of swimsuits during the hydrotherapy treatments I suspect swimsuits are needed for the hot tub.

I can't find any info on the "My First Massage".
Can someone tell me about it. We are staying at Saratoga Springs in early November. My girls have never had a massage, and really want one.

Thank You!

Does anybody know if a MT by the name of Damien still works there? By chance I have had treatments with Damien for the last three years and its some of the best DT massage I have experienced. The pressure and professionalism was excellent.

Have the BC (Ship shape) Health club facilitates been upgraded / refurbished in the last 10 years? I note the Disney web site quotes mens and womans' sauna and steam rooms. I seem to remember some very tired coed facilities, has anything changed???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter