DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!! 4/30-5/4/10 updates 9/17

Great update on Y&Y !!! Your potstickers look the best:snooty:Followed closely by the green beans !!!!!!!Check out my siggie !!!:rolleyes1

Thanks for the link, Rosie!! I LOVE the title!!:rotfl:

Saying goodbye to Lonnie was awful.....I hope she can stay the whole time next year!!!!

On a happier note.......After spending the past couple weeks "discussing" a fall trip to WDW with my DH....He finally agreed that we are running out of time to have these trips with our kids and we are going, but Moderate this time. I just finished booking CSR for 10/28 - 11/6 with FREE DINING:cheer2:.....So excited! DH is thrilled that I managed to save us nearly $1200 on our trip instead of just spending money like usual! And if we happen to get this code that I keep reading is being released on Tuesday, it could work out even better for us. Fingers crossed for more Disney Magic!pixiedust: I've heard such great things about CSR and can't wait to stay there!! :dance3:

That's right! Not green apple- Citrus!! :confused: What was I thinking? Thanks for posting that pic- I knew someone took it, that's why I didn't.

And YAY!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!! :dance3: :yay: :yay: I just knew Peter would come through- is Morgan over the trick-or-treating thing? When are you doing MNSSHP? We have tickets for the 28th. You can also Trick or Treat in DTD on Halloween, if you're not doing the party that night. So happy you're getting your wish of trying out CSR!:goodvibes

Love this trippie, so much fun. Frozen martini's it is when my sis and i go to Yummy and Yeti.:cool1:

what code??????................:confused3

Joan says there is a rumor of a code coming out on Tuesday-

Oh my, those martinis look soooo good! They probably were very refreshing, too! What a bummer that Lonnie had to leave. :sad1:

They were VERY refreshing! Absolutely yummy!!:thumbsup2

Wow Ellen - you truly are a Rock Star!:worship: (As if there was any doubt!;))

Those moves would put me to shame, that is for sure! You go girl!!!

Those pot stickers and frozen martinis sure look good! I will definitely keep Yak & Yeti in mind for a little afternoon snack as you suggest!;)

Hey there! I read your TR last night (I had a LOT of catching up to do, it took a while to figure out where I had left off). I LOVE your TR, I have to say, it made me feel alot better that your DH speaks so highly of your WDW trips after the fact. He probably needs downtime, just like Sean did, when you're there! If Pods & I do go next fall, we may even be there when you are and you'd better believe I won't miss seeing you then!!! :rotfl:

Well, the time had come to say good-bye to one of us. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: As I may have mentioned before, Lonnie had taken a job working in an elementary school with an autistic child just a week or two before this trip. (On the plus side, she LOVES her new position, and has been able to help this boy and reach him in ways NO ONE ELSE in the school system has been able to. :hug: Yay Loni!) So when we got back to BCV, she threw her bag in the car, hugged us goodbye, and it was time to go. I was SO SAD!!!! Ya know, it is because of DVC that Lonnie & I now see each other on a regular basis. It started with a last minute trip for 3 nights at SSR in June 2008, and then has gotten better and better from there. ANd I will be seeing her again in September- when Pods & I go on our couple trip to AKV Concierge for 5 nights, Lonnie & Mike will be joining us for the weekend part. She was able to score a room at AKL (or is it AKV?) Jambo with the 40% off code that was in our room at the Beach Club- you know, the "time is ticking" thingee on the table? It works VERY well!!! :banana: Just book before you leave! And she is very excited to come back- ESPECIALLY because it is AKV- it's her favorite. Anyway....nonetheless, the time had come to say goodbye.....

2010_0504dismoms2010water0200.jpg

Awww...she squatted to come down to my level!!

2010_0504dismoms2010water0201.jpg

2010_0504dismoms2010water0203.jpg

2010_0504dismoms2010water0205.jpg

I have to say, one of my greatest joys in life is when people I love who are strangers get along so well. It meant everything to me that my girls all became such easy and fast friends. It just...it's just the BEST THING EVER!!! :grouphug:

OK- we waved goodbye to the Magical Mystery van, which hopefully NEXT May will be staying the WHOLE time, and retreated back to our villa to shower up for our dinner. AT Narcoosees. Which way IS the best option transportation wise to get from BCV to GF? Through EPCOT & monorail??? Or buses all the way???

Hmmmm....well, I know the answer....but you'll just have to wait and see who has the REAL TRANSPORTATION MOJO in the Great DISmom Race of 2010!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :rotfl:

And YAY!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!! :dance3: :yay: :yay: I just knew Peter would come through- is Morgan over the trick-or-treating thing? When are you doing MNSSHP? We have tickets for the 28th. You can also Trick or Treat in DTD on Halloween, if you're not doing the party that night. So happy you're getting your wish of trying out CSR!:goodvibes

:rotfl:

Yea! You just saved me. Sarah was bummed that we were going to be at AKL Oct 31 (Oct 29-Nov 2) and she was missing trick-or-treating. I just told her she can T/T at DTD THANKS TO YOU. I did not know that was an option.

We had planned to make a quick trip to the world the weekend of Oct 23rd to celebrate Sar's bd but her school did a last minute switch of "in-service" day to Nov 1st so we had to switch our vacation days. Now instead of celebrating S's bd we are celebrating our anniversity (Nov 1st). And we will do a late celebration of Sar's BD.

It appears at least a couple of the dismoms' families might be at Disney during our trip. Please, if you see us come say hi.

Thank you, thank you for the trick-or-treating info!

Sooo sad to say goodbye!

BUT I am SOOOOO excited for the race! I have always wanted to do something like that because for the places that there is no direct route, there are a few options to get there. And I don't like to waste time! But how will I ever know if the route I chose really was the most efficient?! I am so excited for this!

Love this trippie, so much fun. Frozen martini's it is when my sis and i go to Yummy and Yeti.:cool1:

what code??????................:confused3

I've been following this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37335251#post37335251

Apparently there is a code/pin that some people will have emailed or mailed to them and if you call on Tuesday, the CM can tell if there is a code/pin linked to your name. I'm not even sure if it's FD or a % off. Patiently waiting......:rolleyes1

Thanks for the shout out Kara! I figured you must have some connection to central Ohio with the picture under your screen name and a dog named Buckeye.

Now back to report comments: I am so enjoying this trip report and wish I could be drinking my way around Disney with you. I definitely feel a little parched right now. DH and I had talked about eating at Yak & Yeti in March and now it is a definite. I also loved the picutes of Ellen's dancing. So sorry one member had to leave as it really looks and sounds like you are having a fantastic trip. Keep it coming ladies as I am anxiously waiting for more!

Sorry to see Lonnie go so early!

As for the transportation question - I put my money on the cab!:rotfl:

HOly guacamole, Ellen! Slow down!!!!

So here's my (aka "official") take on this....

Ellen is a star, she is a legend in her own mind! ;)

So while Cammie, Lonnie and Joan, our three favorite lushes, hung back drinking, Ellen, Pam, and I, the tea totalers, hit FOW. This is the second time I've seen this and it is amazing. I chuckle, I am wowed, I am in awe.

And what better reason to be in awe?

ImportedPhotos00096.jpg

SUPERSTAR!!!! But you gotta lunge out and say it like..... who can name this SNL star? There will be a special present for you!!!

ImportedPhotos00097.jpg

Geez, Ellen, the dang bird was RIGHT THERE!!! How did you miss it???

ImportedPhotos00098.jpg

On the way back, ok, so we were rushing cause we knew there were drinks there with our names on them! But we had to stop for HER!!!

ImportedPhotos00102.jpg

ImportedPhotos00103.jpg

ImportedPhotos00104.jpg

I love Divine. She is just, well.... divine!!!

Back at our little table at the Zawa Bar..... it was time to cool off with some tasty libations....

So I go to the little girls room, come back and see.....

ImportedPhotos00110.jpg

ImportedPhotos00111.jpg

It's Ellen.... the star!!!! SUPERSTAR!!!! (Don't forget the lunge!!!)

Out there doin the electric slide, cha cha slide, and cupid shuffle all rolled up into one!

After watching the show, starring ELLEN, it was off to cool off on KRR. I am one of those who think this must be the WORST river raft ride at any park. I mean, it's DISNEY!!! Surely they could have done more with this? The drop is mediocre at best, and it's such a short ride.

But it would serve it's purpose today. We just wanted to get wet.

So as we are walking through the queue, after dumping all our bags with Pam, we started talking. We have known Pam for a little over two days. She has our park tickets, room keys, cameras, cell phones, credit cards, etc.

Will Pam be there when we get back? Or will she have skipped town, hopped a bus back to the resort, grabbed our car keys and zoomed out of WDW with all our stuff????

Cause this is the "don't axe, don't tell" TR, and there WAS and axe involved, one just never knows......

So as we are contemplating the fate of our credit cards, we meet.....

The River Rapids Nazi!!!! Da da daaaaaaa!

ImportedPhotos00112.jpg

I'm not sure what the deal was with the people in the raft in front of us, but they were not listening. So CM Adolf had to whoop them into shape. I, for one, kept my mouth shut (for a change!!!) cause I needed to get wet. I didn't want to go into KRR timeout.... cause it could happen ya know......

Soon we were all seated in our raft....

ImportedPhotos00113.jpg

ImportedPhotos00114.jpg

ImportedPhotos00115.jpg

ImportedPhotos00117.jpg

Ellen and I both have waterproof cameras, so at least Pam couldn't swipe those.......

We came off KRR and to our surprise (not really, cause we knew she was way to nice to abscond with our belongings.....) Pam was waiting, or should I say "weighting" with all the bags around her neck!!! :rotfl2:

I missed something like 4 updates when I was away. So much fun! Way to go superstar Ellen! Go on with your bad self - you rock with all that DISmom mojo. In two separate shows within 20 mins. It's the Ellen variety hour!!!!!!

Love the pictures of devine - the birds - not so much! :rotfl:

Those frozen drinks look wonderful and I will remember the afternoon trick to getting an ADR at Y&Y.

So sorry Lonnie had to leave, but its so wonderful that she is so helpful to the little boy she is working with.

Great plan for free dining at CSR with the family! Sounds like so much fun! I would love to take advantage of the free dining, but I don't think I can get an extra trip this fall.

*note to self.. next time at Y & Y.. get 2 of each snowball to be the deceiding factor and let the DIS MOMS know which one is best.. dont worry girls I have your back LOL

I love Kali River Ride but in Feb it was toooooooo cold !!I think this October might be warm enuff and I can enjoy us all getting wet !!:thumbsup2!Is there a better place to sit to get the wettest cuz I will tell Carol to sit there without telling her why !!:lmao: I'll make sure she has done my annual evaluation before though!!!:rotfl2:

I think I may be having a real meet with somebody in DC;)next month !! Who could it be ????:confused3:lmao:

I have to answer this, even though I'm not caught up - we've discovered the trick. If you want to get really wet, sit next to an opening, and a couple of larger people! My DH and his uncle are both bigger guys and when they sit together, they always get drenched - DH and I had a family of 4 who were all quite healthy ;) and they got drenched too! I think it's a weight distribution thing.

If you want to get wet sit next to my grandkids !! They have a talent for getting me WET!!!!:rotfl2:I passed on KRR in Feb:rolleyes1Maybe this October if the weather is hot and all my guys wanna go !!!Or I could send Carol and put her next to a LARGE person!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just scanned a couple old photos in honor of Lonnie's departure. A couple from my wedding when she was my MOH-

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

And some years later at her wedding when I was her MOH-

img007.jpg

Awwww.......

Woah, those are some flowery dresses!

It's nice that you've friends for so long.

Molly Shannon!!! :yay:

Thanks for the update; it's so fun to hear it from someone else's perspective! :rotfl:

WINNER!!!!

And the prize is.....

wait for it......

wait for it......

Here it comes!!!!

A preview......

of what's to come......

ImportedPhotos00126.jpg

I just scanned a couple old photos in honor of Lonnie's departure. A couple from my wedding when she was my MOH-

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

And some years later at her wedding when I was her MOH-

img007.jpg

Awwww.......

Ummm.... just an observation but was it a requirement for Lonnie's bridesmaids dresses at her wedding to match the wallpaper border in the room??? :rotfl2:

And where are the bridesmaids hats from YOUR wedding!!! You need to wrangle those up for tea at GF next year!!!!

We all thought it was very important to get Pam a drink .... STAT! After holding all our bags, and not absconding with them (great word, absconding..... I feel so vocabular, even though I just made that word up!), she must have been parched!

ImportedPhotos00118.jpg

So in we waltzed to Yak and Yeti, well not so much waltzed. Although Ellen may have still been electric sliding. Not sure.

We all went up to the bar which had all of 4 stools, and I think 2 of them were occupado. There I go getting all bilingual on everyone. Let me translate...... Two of the stools were occupied.

There. Now that that is explained.....

So we asked if we could get a table. And seeing as how there were maybe only two or three tables occupado (again, occupied.....) in the restaurant, not so much of a problem.

Kinda neat in here and a great place for appys. Not sure I'd want to dine here for a full meal, but it worked perfectly for us!

ImportedPhotos00119.jpg

Yes, indeedy, we did all order the snocone martinis. Or whatever they were called. And I thought the green ones were melon???

Before.....

ImportedPhotos00120.jpg

ImportedPhotos00121.jpg

After....

ImportedPhotos00122.jpg

I did indeedy have the pot stickers.....

Before....

ImportedPhotos00123.jpg

After.....
ImportedPhotos00124.jpg

YUMMMMMMM!!!

Fried green beans anyone?

ImportedPhotos00125.jpg

After our hide and seek on the way out, we all stumbled back to BCV and had time to relax a bit before our Amazing Race to Narcoosees later.

And what better time to compare blisters?

ImportedPhotos00126.jpg

I'll have you know that I spent a total of 34 days at WDW this past year and NOT ONCE have I EVER gotten a single blister!!!

But throw me in with these wild and crazy gals and I'm a mess from head to toe!!!!!

Even with all the blisters, not once did I notice. I was a good limper, and I'm sure I had a little "antisthetic" in my system from time to time..... :rolleyes1

Up next, our truly AMAZING race to Narcoosees. Who thought it would be quicker to walk through Epcot and catch the monorail? Who thought it would be quicker to take a bus and transfer? And who was right???????

ellen- you are so lucky to have dress like that in your closet. I so wanted one back in the day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter