DISmeet ~ Disney cuisine POT LUCK

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, we Canadian's in the greater Toronto area get to have DISmeets often. I was thinking about having a DISNEY CUISINE POT LUCK DISMEET ~ I love making Cindy's french toast. Two thoughts ~ if I host it at my house, I can make french toast, but not sure if I can accomodate a large meet. If we have it in another facility without a kitchen, we are pretty much stuck with easy cold dishes. Do you all have recipes or ideas about cold easy Disney yummies?

Thx, Sandra

What a great idea...now, if I could just move to Canada for the meet! Don't have any recipes but would be interested in hearing how it turns out.

What a cool idea Sandra! Sounds good to me!

Hitipi (Greek feta cheese dip)

By Chef David Reynoso
of Spoodles, at Disney's Board Walk

1 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup yoghurt, plain
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbs garlic puree
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

* Blend all ingredients together in a kitchen mixer to get a smooth spread.
* Serve with pitta bread or Mediterranean bread.

Lamingtons
Australia
Food & Wine Festival

Sponge Cake:
2/3 C. margarine or butter
1 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 C. flour
3/4 t. cream of tartar
1/4 t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
1/2 C. milk

Glaze:
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/4 C. cocoa
1/2 C. boiling water
4 oz. shaved coconut

For cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13" pan. Whip the butter and add sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each adition. Add the dry ingredients and the milk. Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool and remove from pan. Wrap in foil and cool in refrigerator overnight. Cut into squares for serving.

Glaze: Sift sugar and cocoa together. Stir in water. Roll sponge cake in the chocolate icing and then in the coconut.

Coconut Tarts
Southeast Asia
Food & Wine Festival

Crust:
3 T. margarine
1/4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 egg
1 C. whole wheat flour
1/8 t. baking powder
1/2 t. vanilla
Evaporated milk (or cream)

Filling:
1 T. margarine
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 egg
1 T. evaporated milk (or cream)
3/4 C. shredded coconut

For crust, mix flour and baking powder. Cut in margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix egg, vanilla and evaporated milk with the crumbs to form a soft dough. Roll the dough into a sheet about 1/4" thick. Cut with a round cookie cutter and place in a muffin mold. Leave aside until filling is ready.

For filling, blend margarine, sugar and egg with a mixer. Add evaporated milk and coconut, mix well. Fill each pastry lined muffin mold with a portion of the filling. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter