DisMeet - DC/MD/VA/PA/DE, etc. Part 3

Is everyone in these states getting ready for Irene???

I am, but we are suppose to only get the topical storm, I still expect lots of rain and high winds. Just finished putting all the lawn furniture up. I'm praying that the power won't go out.

There was a single package of hot dog buns left when I went to the store earlier. No batteries, little water, no bread. Beer was almost all gone. Winds are picking up a little right now, but nothing too bad yet.

We interrupt this coverage of Hurricane Irene :happytv: to post this idea for a Dismeet. Get together on October 1 to mark the 40th Anniversary of WDW. I would suggest meeting someone in the D.C. Area.

Now back to Hurricane Irene. :scared1::scared1:

We interrupt this coverage of Hurricane Irene :happytv: to post this idea for a Dismeet. Get together on October 1 to mark the 40th Anniversary of WDW. I would suggest meeting someone in the D.C. Area.

I would love too....except i'm going to be down visiting the mouse that day. I actually have Rezies for the Wishes Dessert party that night. :goodvibes:goodvibes

So Dave ! Have you chosen a time and a location ????????

I'd love to do a DISmeet that day!

It would have to be a lunchtime meet because I have to work that night :sad1:

Oooo....

Kinda off topic, but it looks from your counter that we'll likely be down at the world around the same time. :goodvibes

That's great!!! Where are you staying? Maybe we can meet somewhere. We arrive on the 24th and leave on the 1st. On the 1st we arrive at BWI and have to drive straight to York for our grandsons 1st birthday. Didn't think about that when we booked!

That's great!!! Where are you staying? Maybe we can meet somewhere. We arrive on the 24th and leave on the 1st. On the 1st we arrive at BWI and have to drive straight to York for our grandsons 1st birthday. Didn't think about that when we booked!

I'm staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Arriving on the 27th and leaving on the 4th. :goodvibes:goodvibes the early part of my trip is pretty open/flexible at this point, and obviously i'm renting a car so I have some freedom on where/what I end up doing. If you want to get together at some point feel free to PM me.

I'm in Woodbridge, VA. I would love to meet some fellow disers from this area if you get together in Sep or Oct. Alexandria would be great - kind of central for DC, MD & VA people. Can't attend October 1, but any other time would be great. Anyone on this thread familiar with PSE 9? My family gave it to me for Mother's Day and I haven't been able to do much with it. I have 8 different books currently checked out from the library, and still not much luck. :confused3 Having a bit of trouble with layers. I've even googled tutorials but they don't really teach things like t-shirt disigns. I know it will click at some point, :idea: but my daughter and I are going to WDW in early December, and I would love to master these shirt disigns by then. I have so many ideas in my head, but that's where they are currently staying. Looking forward to possibly meeting some fellow disney freaks. Thank you if anyone wants to tackle PSE 9 with me.

Did anything get put together for this weekend?

Taste of DC is Columbus Day weekend... not quite Food and Wine but might be as close as we get for those of us who can't make it to WDW... :)

I'm thinking of heading down Saturday or Monday (maybe both if the food is good ;) )

The event website is http://thetasteofdc.org/ - can buy packs of food and alcohol tickets ahead of time for pickup at the entrance.

Edit:
Cirque Du Soleil is coming to the Verizon Center in mid-November, anyone interested in going?

-Ken

I'm thinking of heading down Saturday or Monday (maybe both if the food is good ;) )

The event website is http://thetasteofdc.org/ - can buy packs of food and alcohol tickets ahead of time for pickup at the entrance.

Edit:
Cirque Du Soleil is coming to the Verizon Center in mid-November, anyone interested in going?

-Ken

Sounds delightful....I wish I could. Injured my back so not walking to good lately.

Snowtober is here. Good thing I can daydream of Disney world. Made reservations for Wild africa trak and keys to the kingdom. Only two more paydays away.

Yay!!! Two great events!!! Are you doing this back to back???
Hope no rain for you when you do your trek... just in case bring back up boots for slush and mud..... I learned my lesson the muddy way :lmao:
Snowtober is here. Good thing I can daydream of Disney world. Made reservations for Wild africa trak and keys to the kingdom. Only two more paydays away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter