DISmeet at D23 Expo! - Meet dates in 1st Post

Wow - it's getting closer! :cool1:

Forgot to say before that I'll be staying at the Hilton from the 18th - 22nd (at the GCV from the 14th - 18th). My best friend MyMuse (think she's already on the list) will be my travel buddy. Can't wait for this trip and it's double the fun as this is muse's first trip to DL. :goodvibes

Credentials in hand, it will be nice to meet up with everyone.....popcorn::

We're coming in on the 17th and leaving early on the 23rd. Staying at the Hilton. Would love to come and meet fellow DIS'ers.

Alison, many thanks for putting this together.

Let us know when and where, if we're not too late to sign in.

Peepster & Mary, too

I've got tickets for all 3 days, but since I'm in transition between jobs right now, I don't know if I'll have the time off. Luckily, my tickets were insanely cheap - it's good to know CMs!

I'm sure I can find it online, but how long does it run each day? If I did have to work, I may be able to come for a few hours, at least.

Also, is anyone dressing in costume? I know the rules are similar to MHP, but I would love to run around as Wendy during this, haha.

I'm sure I can find it online, but how long does it run each day?

During the D23 Expo back in 2009, most of the days during the Expo it opens at 9am to midnight. Some parts of the convention will be closed at specific times during those night. For example the Showfloor will be opened until 5pm and the D23 Expo Dream Store will be open till 6pm. D23 members were allowed one hour earlier in the convention before the general public.

Franandaj can you add me to the list? I will be staying at the Hilton. I'll be on my own this time and look forward to meeting up with some old Dis friends and making some new Dis friends. I will be arriving late Thursday night. Although I am seriously thinking about taking Thursday off as well to beat the LA traffic. Also, I am training for the DL 1/2 marathon and I need to do a long run of 12 miles that weekend. I don't see that happening during the Expo! So I might just do it that Thursday. Another excuse to take Thursday off! ;)

Thanks!

Franandaj can you add me to the list? I will be staying at the Hilton. I'll be on my own this time and look forward to meeting up with some old Dis friends and making some new Dis friends. I will be arriving late Thursday night. Although I am seriously thinking about taking Thursday off as well to beat the LA traffic. Also, I am training for the DL 1/2 marathon and I need to do a long run of 12 miles that weekend. I don't see that happening during the Expo! So I might just do it that Thursday. Another excuse to take Thursday off! ;)

Thanks!

:wave2:

Thanks!

Done!

Hi all!

I am solo at the Expo and will be interested in DISMeets as well as just getting in the long lines together so I can talk to others DISers. I did not go to D23 Expo 2009 and bought the basic ticket Expo ticket this time so I will be waiting in a lot of lines I guess.

I want to put out a few ideas and solicit other ideas here on how we can have some more real time social scheduling. Once we are all there we may not be able to find each other except by pre-arranged meets - which I am not sure where or when they are BTW. I can't make it out Thursday to a meet because I will be at DLR that week with DS16 thru Thursday night.

1. Create an e-mailing list off-line of the forum just with Expo attendees who want to be on the list.

I or Franandaj or another TBD volunteer can be the focal point. The downside here is some people prefer to not give out their e-mail addresses to groups like this where they do not know people. It will also be cumbersome to have a bunch of e-mails in our inbox to sift through. The upside is it is easier for most of us to access from our mobile phones.

If we had this e-mail list we could e-mail each other where we are so we could hook up.

2. Create a Facebook group - public or private? - I would choose private - and just post info into FB. The downside is you need a smart phone in order to get the info. I have an iPhone so this is no problem for me. The upside is all info is in one place and no one has to give out their e-mail addesses.

3. Use an existing thread on this forum (maybe this one) to communicate. Again, that is easiest if you have a smart phone. And our locations and plans would be public on this forum. I do not like this idea much.

4. Have a pre-agreed time and place each morning where we could check-in.

5. Other ideas?

I would really like to have a meet Friday morning early so we can see each other's faces and will recognize each other more easily once the Expo gets going.

Finally, has anyone discussed how we will know each other? I know lime green mickey heads are popular choices. Should we wear that and/or something else so we can recognize each other more easily?

I am looking forward to getting know other DISers personally! :woohoo:

Thanks for the great ideas Hydroguy. If you would like to take the reigns for a bit on some of these I would be grateful. I have been absolutely swamped with clearing out the house of my late FIL for the past five weeks. We are in the final stages of packing up everything that did not sell at the three days of Estate Sales. I know now why we dragged our feet in tackling this project!

I'm happy to provide my Smartphone email address, or we could set up a Yahoo group. No one need give out their address, they could just sign up to receive the emails. I'm on FB, but not real savvy with it on my phone.

I was hoping for a Thursday evening meet, say around 8PM after the Premier passholders are mostly done shopping and the Sorcerers are done with the DL presentation.

Looking forward to the Expo and meeting new friends!

I like the idea of meeting Thursday evening. I do not have a smart phone so that is out for me.
My vote is to set up a time and place here. I have done this before with other Diser's when we met prior to the D23 First Anniversary Mixer D23 had in Fantasyland. That worked out really well. We all met at the "C" in front of DCA and went to the Mixer together.
I would like to suggest the lobby at the Hilton. It's right there in front of the Convention Center. :tink:

All of those ideas are great especially the Facebook one cause the admin can send out an email to all in the group.

I was thinking perhaps the food court or the lounge at the Hilton, which are probably right off the lobby, though not sure.

Hi, please add me to the list. However, we sorcerers have a 6 -7 pm event in DL Thursday night..also www.pincast.com is having a pin meet at the Anabella 7-10 pm thursday night for $5.00. an Awesome custom vinyl is going to be given to a lucky winner.

sorry, I forgot to say a BIG thank you for organizing this. I am staying at the Hyatt but happy to meet at the Hilton - I can leave the pin meet a little early - Trader Sam's is also SUPER awesome if you like the Adventurer's Club atmosphere - it's by the Disneyland Hotel. I am also traveling solo so would love to meet up with fellow Dis'ers.
Oh, and that's www.disneypincast.com - John Rick is the host.

There will always be too many things to do, that is the nature of the Expo! Someone on the official schedule thread said the schedule should be released by the 12th according to the D23 FB page. I hope my situation has settled down by then and I can take a good study of the schedule and maybe put together a poll of the best times and perhaps we can do several meets.

Otherwise hopefully Hydroguy had some great ideas to set something up as well!

Once we are all there we may not be able to find each other except by pre-arranged meets - which I am not sure where or when they are.

i agree with this, if it's not pre-arrange it will be difficult to make it happen. maybe we could do two pre-arranged locations/times, perhaps one on Thursday off site and one on Saturday evening/night at the event, just a idea.....popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter