DisLive.com Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecdavidt

<font color=00cc00>Ready to leave the frosty Midwe
Apparently, DisLive.com received a Cease & Desist order from another entity (to go un-named in this post).

This new site was turning into a great location to see live streaming videos from Disney locations and was a great compliment to the offended entity.

It is a shame that people who love and appreciate Disney sometimes act in such non-Disney ways.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Posted at 6:07 EST - hopefully this will not be removed by a moderator?

Interesting post.

I wonder if the "offended party" plans on suing Disney next? After all, the first three letters in that company name are DIS.

Since this doesn't really have anything to do with trip planning, I'm going to move this over to the Theme parks community board.

It is a new site intended to combine all of the live web cams set up by Disney visitors. It also puts some limits on the chat to keep out spammers and others who spoil the experience.

As a user of both sites, I don't understand. You would have to be some kind of idiot to not understand that they are not affiliated. I would love to hear an explanation, but as someone constantly working with lawyers, I know they were all asked to stay above the "fray". I agree with the OP, this isn't really in the "spirit" of Disney.

What a shame. I thought the idea of discussing disney was discussing the magic and what we all love about it. Sharing tips and dreams and hints and secrets. Not for shutting down any and all competitors. And with that, my last post. See you all on another site until that gets shut down because people they think they own three letters that another company technically owns.

This saddens me greatly. I love what you all do with the DisLive, and my DH and I were talking about adding our names to the list for video the next time we go down to WDW. I expected more from site management on this, and truly it doesn't sit well with me.

Part of enjoying something, and enjoying your work is adding to it through legacy. Bringing in fresh voices, faces, and ideas, building working relationships not burning bridges. And I feel that this is not what Walt would have liked to see amongst his fans. Sad fact being here, there is enough to go around and DisLive wasn't attempting to make any money. It was a great experience.

Are they going to tell Disney they can't use DIS as their stock call letters anymore on the NYSE?

This new site was turning into a great location to see live streaming videos from Disney locations and was a great compliment to the offended entity.

I totally agree to what Dave said..... this was/is a great place to watch the videos all in one place.... without all the spammers... anyway, it was very well organized and just to be able to chat live with other DISney fans in real time was just a huge treat!

Just a shame..... :(

This is disappointing to say the least. I thought that Disney would own the DIS letters if anyone did. Will all of the websites using the DIS term be sued now?

Sad.

Well Here is my Take.

The entire DISLIVE was started right here on the DIS as a way to Share our Love and Trips to Disney. Sort of like a Live TR. It grew to the point where it was very hard to keep track of and control of things to make them enjoyable to all those involved ( Most right here from the DIS).

So The next step was to set a Site that allowed better control of both content and feeds , DISLIVE was born. What a great Idea many of us would find links here on the DIS and send people over then back from there to here to the Trip Reports what a great working relationship.

I know many of the DIS MODS would come over and visit the feeds as most are truly Disney Fanatics like the rest of us.

Yes a Forum was set up to help with the Setup and equipment used for the feeds and other things related to the Feeds. Just a great site to get just the right info to feed our thirst until our next trip.

I know it was shut down ,I know why it was shut down but I just don't see any reason on WHY anyone would want it to be shut down.If this is truly what happens when Sites like these get so big they lose the focus on why they were started in the first place then we are in a VERY SAD TIME of true Disney Magic.

Please allow these sites to co-exist there is nothing gained buy forcing a shut down and even more Important Nothing Lost to ALLOW it to stay up.

this isn't really in the "spirit" of Disney.

The "spirit of Disney?" This isn't even in the spirit of decency or integrity.

This website owes it's very existence to another, far more successful business - DISney. If anyone has a claim to the letters/phrase "Dis" its DISNEY.

For this website to bully another site with the same business model shows an appalling lack of integrity and an over-inflated ego.

This is ridiculous!!!! Dislive is NOT a competitor, but a complementary site that gives those of us who want to stream a safe environment to do so. Instead of being shut down, they should be welcomed with open arms and nurtured along! We NEED a safe place to stream, and I hope this gets figured out soon!!!!

What a terrible shame. This puts a DISasterous spin on how i feel about this site. I cant believe that they would be such bully's and feel entiteled to own the letters dis. I really question dis decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter