Dishwasher died, I just may scream

erincon23

<font color=blue>Everyone must have gotten a life
Not at all what I needed right now. My dishwasher motor is shot, I think (it's giving me an error message that the LG rep says is motor problems). The booklet says parts are covered for two years, the rep says parts are covered for 1 year, but it doesn't really matter -- I thought I bought it in 2008 -- NOOOOOOOO, it was 2007. So we'll be washing dishes for a while -- DH is out of work, and my online job doesn't start for a week and a half (Pearson Scoring, thank you thank you to whoever mentioned this in a thread a while ago). So as I'm washing the dishes that had been in the dishwasher, DH, who was drying, said "Do you know there's water all over the floor?" No, thank you, I didn't -- it looks like the sink needs to be recaulked, the water is coming from the drying rack pouring onto the counter, into the holes in the caulking, down through the cabinet, and on to the floor. Seriously, I'm going to go get me a can and a sign and walk up and down the road looking for handouts. I'm in a REALLY bad mood, which is unusual for me (although with the things that are going on right now, I think I have a right to a bad mood). Send jokes!

Erin

I posted a thread on Monday about how my washer and refrigerator both failed on Sunday. I feel your pain. I'm just waiting for the dishwasher to go.

I enjoy handwashing dishes. You get to play with soapy warm water and make sure all of the food gunk is OFF of the plates, and then they are dry and done faster and then put away.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work the next day, she told the repairman, "I'll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check."

"Oh, by the way don't worry about my bulldog. He won't bother you. But, whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!" "I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!"

When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment the following day, he discovered the biggest, meanest looking bulldog he has ever seen. But, just as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet watching the repairman go about his work.

The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant yelling, cursing and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain himself any longer and yelled,

"Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!" To which the parrot replied, "Get him, Spike!"

Oh, no! It must be an epidemic! Our TV just went. (We did not need that expense right now.) Looking at the distorted, wavy, color-bleeding image on the screen, DD said "Hey, mom. It's looks like the way they show those bad acid trips in 70's movies." :lmao:

I enjoy handwashing dishes. You get to play with soapy warm water and make sure all of the food gunk is OFF of the plates, and then they are dry and done faster and then put away.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work the next day, she told the repairman, "I'll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check."

"Oh, by the way don't worry about my bulldog. He won't bother you. But, whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!" "I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!"

When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment the following day, he discovered the biggest, meanest looking bulldog he has ever seen. But, just as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet watching the repairman go about his work.

The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant yelling, cursing and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain himself any longer and yelled,

"Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!" To which the parrot replied, "Get him, Spike!"

Thanks! That was good! Keep 'em coming!

Ugh to all the failing appliances -- I'm praying for my washing machine -- it keeps going off balance, and I'm sure that's not good for it. To everyone with appliance problems, we should form a support group ...

Erin

I am sorry about your appliances failing at an inopportune time. We have had our washer, dryer and refrigerator finally give up the ghost and just waiting for the 23 year old water heater to fail.

As far as the dish washer? When that goes DW will be very upset because it is almost 60 years old.

It's ME!:rotfl2:

I am sorry about your appliances failing at an inopportune time. We have had our washer, dryer and refrigerator finally give up the ghost and just waiting for the 23 year old water heater to fail.

As far as the dish washer? When that goes DW will be very upset because it is almost 60 years old.

It's ME!:rotfl2:

:lmao:

And I forgot to add that we have a ghost in our garage door opener -- it goes up all by itself! We'll come out in the morning and it'll be up.. in fact, it just went up two minutes ago! I keep wondering if someone in the neighborhood recently set their opener code to the same thing we have, but I don't see any other doors open at the same time, and it doesn't seem to go back down by itself. Ooh spooky!

If your 3 year old dishwasher conked out and your sink is backing up I would suspect a blocked pipe somewhere. It might be worth the time to snake out your plumbing lines in the kitchen.

Running away from this thread now, going to love on my fridge and dishwasher ; ).

Uggg, I feel for you. Our dishwasher went about a month or 2 ago. It is now a very expensive drying rack. On top of that our fridge is freezing everything on the coldest setting and our 17 year old washer and dryer are hanging on by a limb. I am OK with the dishwasher , the washer dryer will make me nuts with going to the laundry mat but I will drag the family and make them help, but if the fridge goes we are going to have to spring for that.

I wish my fridge would die. It's on it's way but dang thing just won't give up. I can't convince my husband to buy a new one just yet. The closest to getting a new one is the new deep freezer out in my garage. I thought it was done, but mr. handyman found that the coils just needed vacuumed out and saved the day haha. But I want a new, pretty fridge and even ask for one for my birthday, anniversary, Christmas, 4th of July.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter