Disguise A Turkey Project--My son wants him to be Mickey Mouse!

sherabby

DIS Veteran
So we have until tomorrow to disguise our turkey to be Mickey Mouse. I was thinking of going to Michael's and getting some felt to make the red pants and yellow boots. Maybe a different material for his skin and fur?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I think I may print out a photo of the Castle and put it behind him to disguise him even more.

Sounds like a really good idea and going to Michaels you should be able to find something that will work.

Please, please, please explain to me why you have to disguise your turkey?

Maybe I've been doing it all wrong all these years!! We usually just eat ours-and it looks just like a turkey.:rotfl:

What a cute idea!! Would love to see pictures of what you come up with!

Good luck! I'm sure Michael's is the best place to start for sure!

What a cute idea!! Would love to see pictures of what you come up with!

Good luck! I'm sure Michael's is the best place to start for sure!

I'll have to take a photo of him when we are done. My son has to write a small report as well.

My DD had this project a few years back. We dressed up her turkey as Santa. However, we totally changed everything around. The only thing that looked the same was his face (eyes, nose, mouth). We cut out construction paper that was larger than the actual turkey to "hide" him even more. We used glitter paints, markers, stickers, and cotton balls (beard) for decorations.

Thanks for the explaination sherabby! I've really never heard of this before- I'd been imagining all kinds of weird things!

It looks like a very cute project. And not nearly as gross as decorating your real turkey before you eat it!

I do this with my class...over the years they have come up with some really creative disguises. Hannah Montana, Lebron James, Santa, Cinderella, a leprechaun....I should take a photo of my bulletin board, it is what's on it now!

I love this idea! I am a preschool teacher and I am going to send one home tomorrow with all of my children. I am so excited! Thanks so much!

DD finished hers and took it in last week. She wanted to disguise hers as a butterfly. This was her and her daddy's project (I am not artistic) and she colored her turkey and then they cut out butterfly wings to put over him.

I had a Grim Reaper - wrapped in shiny black fabric- had a sickle(made out of aluminum foil) and he was carrying a Go for the sides! sign on a paper potato.

DS will do this next year and he already knows he wants it to be a storm trooper.

Ok, this project is way cooler than ours! We just are supposed to decorate the turkey like a turkey. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter