Disguise a Turkey...Help!

lilys.mom

DIS Veteran
My DD has to disguise a Turkey so he doesnt get eaten.....we have to have it back to school on Tuesday. Any ideas???? We had thought about a Cat...recently had thought we could do mickey or minnie....where do I start??? She is 4 by the way. Thanks!:goodvibes

I am completely lost......:confused3

I would disguise it as a sandwich......:confused3.

Lol.....DD's preschool teachers sent home a picture of a Turkey...we have to disguise him so he doesnt get eaten on Thanksgiving Day...and all the kids guess what kid did what disguise. They say people have done Santa, Lamb...etc....

I am not sure where to start and what items to use!

Use what you have at home- feathers, I have seen camouflage, pictures cut from magazines,

Have fun!

what about a pilgrim, or the mayflower to keep it timely. If you look online at Pottery Barn kids, they have some pretty fun Thanksgiving stuff which may give you some visual ideas.

If you want to go easy, you can make the turkey a ghost or put the turkey in a box wearing a hat.

My DD's have both done this project, the first was a pumpkin(he may still get turned into pie, LOL) orange construction paper body and "hat" like a lid with a stem. Most recently DD raided grandmas fabric box and turned him into a ballerina, also including a hat and slippers. In a couple of years I will get to see this from a boys point of view. Have fun!

My son just had this assignment, he disquised his turkey as a person with scuba gear on, he drew goggle/mask, with the snorkeling tube coming up out of his mouth, he then drew an intertube around the turkey's belly and turned his back tail feathers into a sign that read "Surf Shop" - Now mind you, his older sister helped with most of the drawing, but he colored and gave her more ideas as she worked, it was a good bonding experience for them, lol!! It turned out really cool..

when my daughter was in 1st grade and had this same assignment, she turned hers into a pilgrim...

Have Fun!

why does groucho marx come to mind. I keep thinking of the glasses and fake mustache.

Cute project idea! My kids have made decorated turkeys in the past but never had to disguise them.

How about a peacock? DD painted hers blue & purple so it always reminded me of that.

Love the scuba disguise, too funny!

My DD had this assignment last year. The kids loved it. They were so creative. Some decorated it as Santa,a Christmas tree and snowmen. There was a bride, a couple princesses,sports players and a farmer. My DD put her turkey in a bikini swimsuit and had it on the beach under a beach umbrella. We used those craft foam sheets. We used cotton ball for clouds in the sky. We also glued real sand to represent turkey on the beach. It really turned out cute. :)

i just had to ask my son what he did. i remembered he did project in K, but couldn't remember what the final one was. We had talked about camo, ghost, dog.etc, etc. he chose santa.

you could do clown, any character. use what you have at home. paint/cotton balls for santa.

Artemis Fowl. (He is a popular character in a childrens mystery novel series.) Mirrored sunglasses and a necktie are all you need.

DS just did this for Kindergarten. We did Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb! I was helping at the school today and saw some others up on the wall. They had Santa, a Christmas Tree, policeman, ballerina, cowboy, a shamrock. You could really do anything. We found a picture of Perry that we liked, then cut out and glued pieces of colored paper over the turkey. Others used cotton balls (Santa). There was a lot of variance. Have fun!

Our Turkey is going as MC Gobble- A rapping turkey from the 80's. (My 8 year old's idea for his turkey) I get to somehow create that. All he knows is he wants him to have gold teeth. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter