Dis'ers Very Rude Today?

I am highly offended by this. I had a group tonight playing friendly. My friends (not from Dis by the way) and I had to boot people from our game, even after saying "sorry friends only" - why do people have a problem with this? We have a set system and adding others would only mess that up. Are you planning on "taking one for the team" when you join my game? Because we also had set shooters to try and get 575. If you had shot the shooter, he would not have gotten his/her 575, and we would have just quit the game anyway. So whats the complaint here?

You statement as to how other people are rude, is rude.
People in who live is glass houses should not throw stones.

Ok, nobody when I was apart of the situation ever said, "Sorry." or gave a reason. I'm not trying to be rude. Amendment One says I have the right to free speech, so if I wanna give an opinion thats my choice.
Please, I didn't mean to affend anybody, so please don't be going and yellin' at me.
-->FayeMarie34

Hi There. I was in a room with you twice where you asked random ppl to join bc all your peeps were not there. I specifically saw you say to one girl who said she would join, "okay, but only if you know the rules." There was nothing wrong with what you did nor what the others have done. It is all the same, just done in different ways. You told them first they have to know the rules, others just waited for their friends who already knew and had a game going.

This quest is really bringing out the ugly in a lot of ppl. It is also getting under the skin of ppl who usually do not get upset over a game. I have seen you in VMK a lot and you are a very nice player. Pleaase don't let it get the best of you. :hug:

Sorry, when I said "the rules" I meant like all the basic rules of "Friendly" potc matches. I didn't mean it in a very rude way.
I was apart of a situation where they booted me for no reason. And I don't know why. I was trying to be apart of a game.
Again, lik eyou said, the quest has brought out alot of bad things through people, and I apologize for me behavior, even though it hasn't been has bad as others. I really didn't do anything wrong to be exact.

Thank you, I appreciate that you are aware of my "niceness" lol. Hope to see you around.
-->FayeMarie

Sorry, when I said "the rules" I meant like all the basic rules of "Friendly" potc matches. I didn't mean it in a very rude way.
I was apart of a situation where they booted me for no reason. And I don't know why. I was trying to be apart of a game.
Again, lik eyou said, the quest has brought out alot of bad things through people, and I apologize for me behavior, even though it hasn't been has bad as others. I really didn't do anything wrong to be exact.

Thank you, I appreciate that you are aware of my "niceness" lol. Hope to see you around.
-->FayeMarie

You did not mean it in a rude way, which means that maybe when you saw others saying it today they didnt mean it in a rude way either.
Remember, it is VERY hard to read emotion, especially in "VMK Speak" and when you yourself are feeling frustrated.
Everyone was doing their own thing today...the fact of the matter is you are NOT getting past this task unless you are playing with 8 friends...MOST of the games we played today we had to boot people.
People keep joining over and over after a boot and we dont have time to say anything because we are trying to start the game before they try to jump on again!
It was a very high stress situation today and I sympathize with everyone I played for 11 hours before getting my turn to win today, with all the lag and dc and waitng it took FOREVER!

but I don't think booting, or waiting etc. is rude because VMK made it so we HAD to do these things...there just is no other way except making private pirate game rooms.

On the opposite end, there were 2 groups waiting for their last friend to show up. Meanwhle, a girl not playing with friends gets 3 people to join her game. Both sides even- 2 on 2. She asks, anyone else joining? Both groups answer "no thx". She then needs reasons why nobody else is joining. Someone tells her that we are all waiting for friends to show up so nobody else is going to join her game. Most folks would start the game then, right? Not her! She says she's not starting the game and she's glad our friends won't make it into the lobby. Then, the 3 people who just wanted to play a game are begging her to start. She refuses. Luckily, those 3 got smart and left the lobby. Finally, our friends show up, we start our game and clear the lobby for others.

What a crazy night!

What disgusted me was we were trying to get briar her quest she had the heart breaking event of getting the needed number only to find out she did not have quest on.:sad1:

So she helped her teammates all of them all day then when her turn comes some left to help others duh:sad2:

And we had a dis member actually ruin a game by killing the shooter and did not care. Even after He was told what to do.

He will be off my friends list now that is no type of friend. Yes I had a mule playing and was furious at you.

Next the most horrendous thing happened

A player on dis kindly had briars team join hers. We we all in agreement that Briar should win they had played most of the day together.

Well you know what happened after they all agreed to the rules they shot at all the players and the shooter leaving Briar with hardly any points and no way to win.

And they laughed about it and taunted I was so mad so so mad.

To me that is not only rude but cruel. Wish I could report this.

Anyways if you are serious about helping another player tomorrow please PM me. So I can give you are team rules.

I am just furious at this behavior.

Oh on a small note With the help of Mickeyfriends family hubby and son and my family hubby and son I got through pirates :thumbsup

How bad am I at pirates took me three times:goodvibes

Here is what I will say. Take it how ever you want. Anyone and EVERYONE who was trying to do the quest yesterday was very very frustrated, after 5+ and 10+ hours of pirates. There was alot of not listening going on by all. The only thing I ask is this - If you pass the pirates part and finish the rest of your quest please help your friends and then after you help your friends if you have time help the people that don't have groups. I know there is alot of communication and trust involved here otherwise it won't work. I just feel really bad for the kids in all of this. I'm going to try my best to help anyone and everyone that I can, I just hope others do the same. I'm soooo not a fan of pirates battle ship and I can honestly say I don't care if they triple the credits I wont be playing pirates again for a while. :lmao: I also think alot of people said stuff out of anger yesterday not towards who they said it to but because of the game. And just as a side note I know it was mentioned [not being allowed to say your from Dis] alot of people know other peoples titles just from posting and also alot of people have Dis in their signature. Anyways good luck to everyone today. :thumbsup2

Wow, what a mess yesterday! I would think today will be more of the same.

I'm sure VMK never intended such a disaster, but to have a quest that obviously goes against values is a disgrace.

This is the problem. These scores aren't merely extremely high, they call for very EXTREME measures to accomplish them.

The server can't handle the demanding crush of people trying to get on the dock. Then people who obviously are communicating outside the game hold up for friends.

I feel sorry for the single players, just trying to start a game. The player in the above post had every right to try to get the correct number for her team.

The quest is bringing out the worst in people. I waited most of the day trying to get in and only was in two actually games all day. (me, being my kids and I taking turns)

Now we have people offering money for people to play the quest. Will people start putting these items on eBay (probably). Trading is one thing, but paying for play and trade selling stinks.

VMK needs to give VMK a ban for a few days for going against it's own values. For shame! :mad:

Has there been a day since the new pirates games began that people have not complained of being booted? Has the quest made more players act rude? No. It just seems more prevalent because most everyone is playing pirates at the same time.
Booting from a game has been done from day 1 of the "new" pirates games. People like playing with their friends. The quest requires teams of people willing to LOSE SEVEN GAMES!!! How many random players are willing to LOSE for a stranger? NONE, hence the boot from a friendly game. It's a necessity of you wish to have even a chance at advancing past the pirates task.

Here is what I will say. Take it how ever you want. Anyone and EVERYONE who was trying to do the quest yesterday was very very frustrated, after 5+ and 10+ hours of pirates. The only thing I ask is this - If you pass the pirates part and finish the rest of your quest please help your friends and then after you help your friends if you have time help the people that don't have groups.

I agree, I have an awesome team who helped me pass pirates. I won't move forward in the quest till I know they are passed pirates. Just me, I would not feel right till they are where I am. Special Thanks to my team, you know who you are.:goodvibes

I wish I could have helped out yesterday more - Got on Belle's team - and she was supposed to win - than of course I dc - ugh. I hoped to just play and lose, as I am not doing the quest.

Belle, glad you made it through pirates!!

:)

Yeah, I'm still trying to pass pirates, but today it's not my turn until Mickeysfriend passes it. If I don't pass the pirates today, I may not be able to finish the quest.

What Belle said last night was true. I had finished helping some people through and when it was my turn, people I didn't know were allowed in and proceeded to shoot and taunt me.

Lovely.

Yeah, I'm still trying to pass pirates, but today it's not my turn until Mickeysfriend passes it. If I don't pass the pirates today, I may not be able to finish the quest.

What Belle said last night was true. I had finished helping some people through and when it was my turn, people I didn't know were allowed in and proceeded to shoot and taunt me.

Lovely.

Sounds awful.. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter