Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - I know a few of our Disers had phone interviews today - was that you flea? Or Justin? I simply can't remember. Or could it be Trippy?

Anyway, it is 4pm EST. Let us know how it went! We are all anxiously awaiting.

Just finished my phone interview and boy, was it BRUTAL.

I called in expecting to wait on hold... but the interviewer picked right up. He said we were waiting for someone else to join the call so we chit-chatted for a minute and then WHAM!!!

Donald Duck jumps in on the line and starts quacking at me, telling me that I shouldn't even be talking to them. He is the CMO and that is final. He called my video preposterous, which sounded pretty funny in Duck.

Everyone got a little upset. I was pretty shaken up, so my call has been delayed. I guess I'll give you more information after mine gets rescheduled. ;)

Now seriously - did it go well you think?

Honestly... I have no idea! The folks on the call were very good interviewers in that it felt like a conversation and not an interview. I was very, very nervous... so I'm not sure I could even tell you exactly what I said!

I have to go make a call now for a doctor's appointment. Once the Top 10 is announced, I will need to have my fingers surgically un-crossed.

Lynze may not have made it to the next round, but I have to say, Nancy Drew, that your ability to dig up "dirt" on the applicants is quite impressive... ;)

Thanks, but I want you all to know that was never my intention. Once the seven finalists came forward on this forum and we all began to speculate on who the others might be, I just remembered a few I had especially enjoyed and wondered if they had made it. That’s how my sleuthing got started, but I honestly was looking more for pixie dust than actual dirt. I suppose it’s sometimes hard to find one without the other.

Anyway, I too am hoping that the Ricky-Patrick connection means that Patrick is one of the 20. I thought his was great!

My interview is in 11 minutes. Brutal, huh? (gulp) It will be interesting...

Deep breath... good thoughts. We are all pulling for you! Just remember that they won't be able to hear the voiceover in your head... so speak out loud!

Good luck!!!

Good luck DD - you will be fine, relax and go with the flow!

Flea - with your sense of humor, I am sure you did fine.

Now - I know you can't give us the questions (at least not right now - maybe after the 10 are posted? pretty please?), can you tell me who was in on your interview?

Was it just Centra Marketing, or Career Builder, or was someone from Disney on the phone as well?

Now - I know you can't give us the questions (at least not right now - maybe after the 10 are posted? pretty please?), can you tell me who was in on your interview?

Was it just Centra Marketing, or Career Builder, or was someone from Disney on the phone as well?

I promise that when I can, I will tell you absolutely everything I can remember...

Without trying to sound like a jerk.... she did seem to have an "in" as far as filming at a Disney park was concerned. I mean good for her for exploiting it to her use... but I'm kind of surprised and happy at the same time that she didn't make it. Surprised because it was a well done video, happy because she seemed a bit phony.

I'm sure that both Brandon and Lynze have friends at Disneyland. They go there quite often and live not far away. But there's nothing in her footage that any DISneyphile couldn't pull off there.
I'm trying not to make negative judgments about everyone's videos. I know that all the participants wanted it real bad and did their best in their entries.

Good luck DD - you will be fine, relax and go with the flow!

Flea - with your sense of humor, I am sure you did fine.

Thanks for the pep talk/note. And thank you Flea for the words of encouragement (post 787).

You know, it wasn't that bad. Why was I so worried? Oh yeah, because it's an interview for the BEST JOB EVER! Like Fleagle said, they were good at making it feel like a conversation. When I talked, there was at least one person on the line from Disneyland and a representative from Careerbuilders. The guy conducting the interview was very nice. He even switched phones when I said I was having difficulty hearing him.

Here's something I didn't know- they told me that once the voting window begins you can vote multiple times. If chosen as a top 10 finalist, I'm not going to have a life during the month of March. I'm going to be sitting at a computer voting over and over and over and over... Is it worth it? YEP! :banana: Where's the coffee?

Trust me DD - if any Diser's make it to the top 10 we will all be voting like crazy!

I am happy to hear it wasn't that bad. And your right, it must be easier when you know the interview is for the best job ever.

So, now that the interview is over, did they give you an indication of when you would know if you are in the top 10, or will you find out at the same time as the rest of us?

Cutout guy is a podcaster too - Window to the Magic.

Very dedicated Disney guy.

Yup that is him. He is not on here, he is always on wttmforums.com but I am sure he has checked in here once or twice. I can't wait to hear the top 10, give me something to do at work all day.

I hope you guys are proud of your interviews today -- now you can relax a bit since the "interview" pressure is off.:goodvibes

I'm sure that both Brandon and Lynze have friends at Disneyland. They go there quite often and live not far away. But there's nothing in her footage that any DISneyphile couldn't pull off there.
I'm trying not to make negative judgments about everyone's videos. I know that all the participants wanted it real bad and did their best in their entries.
My apologies, my intentions were not to purposefully go out of my way to make negative judgements, just stating my humble opinion. I agree with you though that any DISneyphile could pull of what she did. I'm not familliar with Disneyland's setup and layout, having only been there once, and being a "World" guy myself. There is a shot where she is on a stage, can any guest have access to that staging area?

Yup that is him. He is not on here, he is always on wttmforums.com but I am sure he has checked in here once or twice. I can't wait to hear the top 10, give me something to do at work all day.

I have been very, very careful here......I wrote to "cut out guy" on his Window to the Magic site.

You can read through the posts yourself to see if you think he is a top 20 and just laying low.

As I told him, "if" he has been selected for the top 20 and is just not talking - that I would do the same thing....sadly, I am laying low because I indeed, was NOT selected, but whatever. :rotfl:

Awww Ann, you are doing fine. And I did see your post on the other forum and had to laugh - in a good way! I thought it was great you were letting him know we call him the cut out guy. Everyone over there seemed to love that, and I know that nickname came from you!

Quit laying low and join in the fun again!

Where are the WOMEN?!
Lynze and many other "Disers women" that did not make it had really good videos...so who can they be?
I think Daisy is beautiful but her video was not (IN MY OPINION!) anything spectacular compared to those that didn’t get chosen.
AAARRRGGGHHH.
As for that Deflowering video...Stupid.:rolleyes:
As a mom- I am once again reminded to warn my kids against posting stupid things for the entire world and possible future employers to see...forever.:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter