• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even think about piercings - in fact, I used Mickey pins from my lanyard as earrings in my video. Not the right thing to do huh? :)

No worries! I think you're fine! :) I'm guessing that pp was referring to six piercings in the eyebrow connected by a chain to the ring in your nose! ;)

Oh - no! Earrings are fine! I was thinking more of eyebrow, nose, tongue...that kind of thing. And really I was joking!

That's still less than half of 20...but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope that you winners give us full updates so the rest of us who applied can live vicariously.

thanks for all the congrats! dont lose hope! there are still 13 spots unaccounted for! i cant wait to see all of the other videos that make it!

where are my girls at?

It seems unlikely that they would call over a two day period. Likely everyone has heard, but the others haven't surfaced yet. I just can't believe that Patrick from Window to the Magic isn't in the top 20 - I thought his submission was ultimately good.

Congrats to all the winners! I'm new to this site but not new to loving Disney's magic! This contest has been so much fun! I've had so many people involved and having a blast! Whatever the outcome it was great while it lasted! Are the people called so far fro one area of the country? Will they call the rest in the AM because of the time difference? I can't stop dreaming!:cloud9:

Thanks all for the congrats, and a hearty pat on the back to David, Trippy, fleagle, miss disneydaisy, and Justin M. (Don't forget to send in that eligibility form!) And well, a congrats to everyone who submitted a video, period - I've been watching random videos on the site over the past two weeks and there were some really fantastic ones that definitely made me laugh and wonder what they would be like as the CMO. Its just so much fun seeing how differently people approached "getting the dream job."

Anyhoo, DISgeeksfromDC thanks for freeze framing my video I had a ton more class ideas but my editing program wouldn't let me type any more:-) If I can dig it up I'll definitely post it.

Crying over my keyboard.........it really is over now I guess.....

Sad day. Really believed in the magic.

Don't give up hope AnnDisneyFan:) You never know, they still might be calling people today. But just remember...even if you don't get a call, you still took the time to share your love for Disney & that really means a lot! I think all of the videos are great, it's too bad there can't be 1000 CMOs!

Don't give up hope AnnDisneyFan:) You never know, they still might be calling people today. But just remember...even if you don't get a call, you still took the time to share your love for Disney & that really means a lot! I think all of the videos are great, it's too bad there can't be 1000 CMOs!

THANKS!!! You are right of course!!!

(Can't wait to feel better though):cheer2:

Yep... just like Howard Dean... I'm not only going to campaign in New Hampshire, I'm going to South Carolina, and Oklahoma, and Arizona, and North Dakota, and New Mexico. I'm going to California, and Texas and New York. And I'm going to South Dakota, and Oregon and Washington, and Michigan... and then I'm going to Washington DC to take back the White House... BYAAAAAAAHH!!!!

Wait... am I jumping the gun here?

(edit: crossing my fingers that people get a joke with a 4 year old reference!)

lol. :lmao: Ok, you've got my vote just based on this and I haven't even seen your video. :laughing:

good luck everyone! :wizard:

Thanks all for the congrats, and a hearty pat on the back to David, Trippy, fleagle, miss disneydaisy, and Justin M. (Don't forget to send in that eligibility form!) And well, a congrats to everyone who submitted a video, period - I've been watching random videos on the site over the past two weeks and there were some really fantastic ones that definitely made me laugh and wonder what they would be like as the CMO. Its just so much fun seeing how differently people approached "getting the dream job."

Anyhoo, DISgeeksfromDC thanks for freeze framing my video I had a ton more class ideas but my editing program wouldn't let me type any more:-) If I can dig it up I'll definitely post it.

And congrats to you, too, Peetah. I enjoyed your vid. Good luck!

Congratulations for those whose videos got chosen! What an honor!!! It will be fun to see the 10 that get posted in March.

Tuffcookie, who is consoling herself this morning with crumb cake & coffee!;) :cool1:

I'm with you Ann and Tuff Cookie, it's a sad morning here at my house. Worst part was breaking the news to my kids. I'll give myself till noon to mourn this dream and then go on to another one! After all when I ran around my lake tap dancing and telling everyone "I believe in MAGIC!", I really meant it! Congrats to the winners again! And to the rest here's some wisdom from my 4 yr old: "We are all winners for trying!":grouphug:

It was a sad night around our apartment, that's for sure. I knew it would be stiff competition, but I still hoped I'd make it to the top 20. I think I'm getting off work early tomorrow, and going up to MK to get a dose of the magic to get my spirits back up. I haven't been up there on a weekday since we moved from Texas, so that should be fun.

I've learned my lesson. If an opportunity like this comes up again, I'll make time to give myself a crash course in special effects and animation with regards to video editing. I'm pretty sure I made the monumental mistake of thinking that since this was more of a public relations position ~ as in interacting with people ~ that what I "said" and my potential to interact with guests would be key. I can't really produce video special effects personally while I'm talking to someone in the parks now, can I?

I apparently made a huge judgment error that left me seriously out of the running. And I'll be honest. It stings and I know I'll have a hard time just letting this go.

I have to say, Zulaya, I am sad too. Yes, the videos we have seen chosen so far are extremely professional. I too thought Disney might take into consideration that not everyone has access to professional quality editing skills. Apparently, that played a big part in what they were looking for, which was pretty disappointing.

Just remember, you can always spread the magic on your own. Send Disney notes to friends, bring home extra goodies from the park and give them to your neighbors kids, just remember we can all spread a little pixie dust on our own even without making the top 20!

jctimon - Thanks for commiserating. Ironically, my current position does deal in spreading magic and building dreams. It's not inside a Disney park, but it's there. Today, though, I'm having to put a little more effort than usual into motivating myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter