• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not ever having uploaded much to YouTube (like, once), how long should a video file be sitting in a "processing" mode? I think it's been like 30 minutes already according to the time stamp on YouTube.

So, not ever having uploaded much to YouTube (like, once), how long should a video file be sitting in a "processing" mode? I think it's been like 30 minutes already according to the time stamp on YouTube.
It might take a while to process depending on the size of the video.

Congrats fleagle... what could they have said that would have taken 15 minuts? Lol....

I received my Top 20 call this afternoon.

I hesitated to post here because I read some of the posts about people coming here only after they made the Top 20. Guilty as charged... BUT, I'm not here for votes... I have a LONG way to go before that... and judging by the competition... a big hill to climb!

I was just looking to see who else might have entered or heard. I haven't done much looking around because I sent in my contest entry on the day I left for a Disney trip, and just got back a few days ago. I googled Disney CMO and was led to this forum.

In any case... I got my call around 3:30 PM EST. I'm a male and I used some special effects (basic) in my video. I actually haven't seen my video on the site... but if I can find the link, I'll post it here.

Don't give up if you haven't heard yet. I was on the phone for around 15 minutes... so if its just one person, then it would take them at least 5 hours to make all of the calls. So, maybe some today, some tomorrow. Keep the faith!

I don't care if you are new here or not--I'm glad you posted! Thanks for the info, too. Please post a link when you find it.

The phone call was just basically going over what I was going to receive. She was very careful to point out that there is not actually a Top 20 yet. I have been chosen to be "eligible" to join the Top 20.

First they want to do the background check and receive my release. (I think I'll sign it!)

So.. one more ray of hope here... if somebody they have selected has a connection to the sponsors, or if they don't pass the background check (yikes) then they will pick an alternate for them.

Thank you for sharing that info, Fleagle. I really appreciate knowing there still may be a chance.

Cat

Congrats Fleagle!

I think I speak for most of us when I say if you are reading this as a lurker who has received the call, please don't be concerned about posting. Yes, we all want the job, but we also would like to know who actually did get picked!

hello! i got the call this afternoon!! finally a girl you guys!!!! i am new to the boards here! i joined when all the uploading drama was happening! i am so excited! i dont even know what to do!! :cloud9:

i cant wait to see all of the videos that got picked!!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten the call so far! How exciting:) I am just curious...are there still no women that have come forward? I just wondered if I missed something on the board or if only men so far.

You guys are very nice! (What would I expect from a Disney board???) I'll let you know if I find out any more info... and I'll post my video if I can find it. I came across it once, but I didn't copy the URL and since then, I page through the videos and can't find it.

Anyway... thanks for the kind words!

Hey Fleagle - in the true spirit of obsession, I've watched all the videos, and have a pretty good memory for a lot of them. (How lame is that?)

Anyway, give a little description, and I bet I can find your video! Or at least give it a good go.:thumbsup2

hello! i got the call this afternoon!! finally a girl you guys!!!! i am new to the boards here! i joined when all the uploading drama was happening! i am so excited! i dont even know what to do!! :cloud9:

i cant wait to see all of the videos that got picked!!
Congrats!!! Do you have a link to your video?

I liked the guy with the cardboard cut outs of the rides and stuff, it was cute.

Yes! I'm so glad you mentioned that one. It was -- by far -- my husband's favorite video, and I'm pretty sure it was mine, too. It was extremely creative, plus I felt like the guy successfully offered a little glimpse of his personality through his acting. ("Wait 'til you see what I can do when I get to a real Disney Park." Then he collapses from fatigue... Too funny! :rotfl: )

Another favorite: peetah's infomercial. It was clever! ("We offer a variety of classes for "How to whistle while you work," "Fast-Pass Your Way to the Front," and -- our students' favorite -- "Por Favor Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas." I'm going to sound like a real geek when I say this, but -- if you pause the video while the course titles are scrolling -- you'll find some cute little nuggets tucked in there. :thumbsup2 )

Hmmm... I don't think I ever saw the one with the CNN crawl. Then again, I'm absolutely certain I never watched 1300 submissions. The web site did a really good job of randomizing which videos appeared on the screen, so there were a lot of repeats and plenty I probably never saw.

BTW, that's a lot of submissions folks! Those of you who made the Top 20 should be extremely proud of yourselves! :thumbsup2

Finally got mine up to YouTube. Never did see it on the CMO website...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=llHj19MIyWM

No special effects or animation. My "setting" is totally related to my current occupation and my written application. I party in the kitchen.

I've seen yours before!!! So it must have been on the official site. I've been watching there and on youtube, and you just put it up on youtube--so it's up!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter