Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like PP said, I was just happy to make my first video and enter...wish I would have done the Jungle Boat/Pirate/Haunted Mansion one but didn't.

Also, thanks for the link to the video of the former winners who were not eligible to enter CMO -- that was really funny!

What will be interesting to see is who from the Top 10 recently or suddenly join the DIS in their quest to get votes!

Here's to hoping DISser take all the top spots!

We all need to go vote on March 2nd for our favorite Dis-ers. Congrats to all of you. The videos are fantastic fun!

:wizard: Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :wizard: I hope a few from Dis get in the top 20

Well, I'm sure they were probably judging the videos on the 5 categories listed in the rules as they were submitted, instead of waiting until the contest was over. I agree that many will be instantly disqualified, and also that there is much more involved than being able to make a technically clever video. People who made some of the cutest videos never even begin to touch on why the would make a great CMO. Also, knowing that the winner has to do public speaking engagements, Disney is going to want someone who can articulate and present themselves well.

At this point, I definitely feel that there are at least 20 videos better than mine, so I for one don't want tomorrow to come! This experience has brought so much Disney magic to my family in a very cold, dreary NJ (although it's 70 degrees today!). I don't want it to end!

Here's hoping someone from this board gets the job, and I would like to be the first to apply for the position of your assistant!! :yay:

Well, I'm sure they were probably judging the videos on the 5 categories listed in the rules as they were submitted, instead of waiting until the contest was over. I agree that many will be instantly disqualified, and also that there is much more involved than being able to make a technically clever video. People who made some of the cutest videos never even begin to touch on why the would make a great CMO. Also, knowing that the winner has to do public speaking engagements, Disney is going to want someone who can articulate and present themselves well.

At this point, I definitely feel that there are at least 20 videos better than mine, so I for one don't want tomorrow to come! This experience has brought so much Disney magic to my family in a very cold, dreary NJ (although it's 70 degrees today!). I don't want it to end!

Here's hoping someone from this board gets the job, and I would like to be the first to apply for the position of your assistant!! :yay:

Don't sell yourself short! I loved your video. The job is a PR position really. While I think they are looking for a good video, I believe they are also looking for an "image" (visual, speaking, etc.) that fits with what they have in mind.

While I think they are looking for a good video, I believe they are also looking for an "image" (visual, speaking, etc.) that fits with what they have in mind.

Yeah, did you notice in all their advertisements they had a person in business clothing with mickey ears? That led me to believe that they are looking for someone who can speak in front of the camera, has a business sense (i.e, a level of maturity) and some intangible Disney quality that shines through...of course in addition to the magic and humor and entertaining, etc.

Oh, it's all too exciting! I'm actually going to be quite nervous tomorrow-ish when I get the email -- for that one last second before opening, I will still think I have a chance! :rotfl2: :goodvibes

I watched my video again. And tried hard to judge myself objectively with the 5 categories. When I added it up, I gave myself an 89 out of 100. That doesn't sound too promising.

I think the one thing I do have going for myself is that a big part of my current job is speaking in front of groups of people that I don't know. But I touched on that in my written application and not in my video.

I'm actually going to be quite nervous tomorrow-ish when I get the email -- for that one last second before opening, I will still think I have a chance! :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Me too!

But that brings another question to mind -- IS everyone going to get an email, Top 20 or not? Sheesh, if only the 20 get an email, there will be no end to the speculation around here!!! :rotfl2:

"At this point, I definitely feel that there are at least 20 videos better than mine, so I for one don't want tomorrow to come! This experience has brought so much Disney magic to my family in a very cold, dreary NJ (although it's 70 degrees today!). I don't want it to end!"

This has been really exciting--I think it's encouraging that they would even do this again this year after the one last year. That makes me think that they will do more in the future, which will give more people a chance! So never lose hope!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I understand people wanting to vote for longtime dissers. And that people may join to get votes, but thats not always the case.

I did just register in January because I wanted to do a fridge swap. I am more of a reader than a poster. I have lurked around the boards for over a year and found out so much info for my trips. I feel I have more to learn than opinions to share. And I a much more of a talker than a typer.

Thanks for listening, Carrie

I applied to and am dying for Thursday to come, but there are way more than 20 great videos on there, so we'll see. I think I am just like everyone on here...I can't stop thinking about it!

Will people please post if they make it onto the next round? That would be so exciting to hear about (Of course only if they will let you tell that you have made it onto the next round). And then they are still cutting half of that group!

Until tomorrow...I am sure we will all make ourselves sick :sick: Don't lose hope!

Good Luck everyone!:yay:

As much as it pains me to have to post this, here it what the contest rules say about top 20 notification: "All "Top 20" Finalists will be notified by e-mail, and overnight mail on or about February 7, 2008." So, I really doubt they are going to notify everyone of whether or not they are in the top 20. I see myself sitting in front of my computer clicking on my AOL mailbox every 60 seconds until Midnight, unless I somehow hear who the top 20 are during the course of the day! :surfweb:

What will be interesting to see is who from the Top 10 recently or suddenly join the DIS in their quest to get votes!

Here's to hoping DISser take all the top spots!

Wow, I hope I haven't offended anyone. I was just so excited about the contest, and my video, I wanted to talk with others who understood my excitement. When I searched Google, DISboards came up, and gave me a place.

If I am lucky enough to get in the top 10, I wouldn't want you to vote for me unless you liked my video best. I wouldn't want people thinking I joined just for votes.

Sorry...I'm new to this, so I didn't know.

Anyway, we both agreed that we don't envy the judges, who have a tough job ahead of them. We also figured that you really have to consider the full package (video, essay, personality). While some of the videos are absolutely brilliant, I get the sense that -- in some cases -- the applicant might not be completely at ease in front of large groups of people. They also might not look the part of a Disney Dream CMO -- whatever said "look" may be! ;) So, high-end editing software and technical savvy alone does not make a Dream CMO -- although I"m sure it helps [make the video stand out]!

For what it's worth... :flower3:

Best wishes to all who entered!
I felt the same way, some of the videos were very creative, but then Disney "look" comes into play. There was one video that I really liked, but everyone I showed it to said "that girl is just annoying"..... so it comes down to a matter of opinion also I suppose.

Wow, I hope I haven't offended anyone. I was just so excited about the contest, and my video, I wanted to talk with others who understood my excitement. When I searched Google, DISboards came up, and gave me a place.

If I am lucky enough to get in the top 10, I wouldn't want you to vote for me unless you liked my video best. I wouldn't want people thinking I joined just for votes.

Don't worry about it. We were all new once upon a time, and I don't think anything was directed at you personally. Many people on the DIS, like me, read a lot more than we post, so don't sweat it or apologize for being new. We'll all be excited for you if you are one of the Top 10, I'm sure! :hug:

DSNY4ever wrote: Will people please post if they make it onto the next round? That would be so exciting to hear about (Of course only if they will let you tell that you have made it onto the next round). And then they are still cutting half of that group!

DSNY4ever raises a good question...Maybe, if you are one of the top 20, you will not be allowed to reveal it at this time.

TC:cool1:

No offense taken or given. I just meant what I said -- I think it will be interesting to see who joins DIS after the Top 20 or 10 are announced. It's a political move in order to get the votes -- is there anything bad or good about that? You decide for yourself. Just reminds me of when the politicians visit the senior center to get their photo taken with someone's elderly grandma and then they never go again.

I was a poly sci major in college so we studied that in the campaign/election course. Didn't realize back then that it could apply to Disney CMO! :goodvibes :rotfl2:

I felt the same way, some of the videos were very creative, but then Disney "look" comes into play. There was one video that I really liked, but everyone I showed it to said "that girl is just annoying"..... so it comes down to a matter of opinion also I suppose.

Hahaha, Haunted, I hope I'm not the annoying girl! :lmao:

BTW: I noticed you're from Taunton; I'm from Whitman originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter