Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so the "601" guess is off...everytime I check the site there are more! I am sure they were inundated last night.

Anne

TLP - that was great! Judging by that video, you would make a great CMO. TimonTracy - your husband's was really cute, too.

Thanks JDC! Last weekend, when it was only in a group of about 200 videos, I was feeling pretty good about it. Now, there seems to be a lot of videos way better. Oh well, it was fun to do and you never know just what they are looking for. :goodvibes

What happened with the folks that were trying to upload last night? Hopefully it ended up working out for you!

I took this from the other CMO thread...below is a quote from careerbuilder that HauntedMansionFan received:

“I spoke with the person in charge of handling Disney's CMO applications, and was informed that there was a technical issue with the vendor collecting the videos, that led to yesterday's inability to apply.

I was told that, since you do provide contact information on the 1st page of the application, they have that data, and will be contacting those via email today, providing instructions on how to re-submit the video.

Please keep an eye out on your inbox, and check the junk folders too just in case the email gets filtered by your client. It has not been sent yet but they will be doing so this afternoon.

For those that do receive the email, you will have until Midnight EST tonight to re-send your video.

We apologize for this inconvenience and wish you all good luck on the contest”

If my count is correct, it looks like 601 entries! I liked my odds alot better when there were only 200. Now the waiting begins:rolleyes1

Good Luck everyone!

Anne

so does anyone have any idea of how many entries there were at final count? If I had to guess I would think there would be thousands of them!

WOW! I didn't know that people had trouble uploading their videos!! That was a fear of mine. I was sooo relieved when I saw it on the site.

I took this from the other CMO thread...below is a quote from careerbuilder that HauntedMansionFan received:

“I spoke with the person in charge of handling Disney's CMO applications, and was informed that there was a technical issue with the vendor collecting the videos, that led to yesterday's inability to apply.

I was told that, since you do provide contact information on the 1st page of the application, they have that data, and will be contacting those via email today, providing instructions on how to re-submit the video.

Please keep an eye out on your inbox, and check the junk folders too just in case the email gets filtered by your client. It has not been sent yet but they will be doing so this afternoon.

For those that do receive the email, you will have until Midnight EST tonight to re-send your video.

We apologize for this inconvenience and wish you all good luck on the contest”
Good thing to know that Disney is still doing the right thing. :goodvibes
Even though it means worse odds, I'd hate to have someone not be able to enter just because their video wasn't able to upload because of the server's fault.

Ho boy am I nervous about it, but no matter what, at least I applied. :rolleyes:

You already have my dream job- I regret every day that I was too slack to go to Vet school!! And you play the accordion! Fascinating!!! Best of luck, I'm pulling for ya!!! :dogdance:

Thanks, Magic Maker!! I've had really great opportunities and luck.:banana:

Hi guys,

I just wanted to add my video to the thread. This was my first attempt at movie making and I learned alot about my camera and computer! My children loved being the extras in my CMO video (I actually think they stole the show).

Watch closely for Dash...he has stolen Cinderella's slippers and will disappear with them in a flash!:yay:

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-0EAAC2CAE3EC69562DB134258432FF1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEc19jZPJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrvPxIw51o

Well, mine still hasn't appeared on the CMO video page.

Here's the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVN8ldE2R9I

My first time making a video of any kind. Boy, the quality did suffer in the upload. It looked so much better on my own TV.

Crossing my fingers that it actually was accepted...

I have seen some really awesome videos online. I would hate having the job of having to narrow it down to only 20. There are so many good candidates. I know I have no chance but it was fun to do. Good luck eveyone!

Well, mine still hasn't appeared on the CMO video page.

Here's the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVN8ldE2R9I

My first time making a video of any kind. Boy, the quality did suffer in the upload. It looked so much better on my own TV.

Crossing my fingers that it actually was accepted...
Zulaya - don't give up hope. I think some new videos have been added since last night.

You know how you have to choose 1 from the random 25 block, then once it starts, you just see 5 thumbnails across the bottom? Well the new additions WERE showing up as the "first in line" in the 5, but I'm noticing now that new ones are being inserted in different places.

Mine showed up way back in line...maybe your's will too.

I watched yours, and you did a great job - can't tell it's your first. And the video quality is not bad, so don't worry about that!

Good luck - I'll keep an eye out for yours!

I have seen some really awesome videos online. I would hate having the job of having to narrow it down to only 20. There are so many good candidates. I know I have no chance but it was fun to do. Good luck eveyone!

What's going to be really interesting is to see what the top 20 then 10 look like -- will Disney just go for the funniest? will they go for those that are more professional? will they go for those that are sweet or goofy? will they choose ones that have lots of "extras" or ones where it's really just a camera and a person talking? I'm also curious how much the written essay portion will count, esp since there are a few writing assignments in the job description for the CMO.

If any of you have been keeping up with the WDW Mom's Panel thread, Bret, Erin and others were kind enough to post their thoughts on that whole process ... I'm hoping that those who make the final rounds will be able to do the same (maybe not immediately but at some point) for the CMO.

Also, since the CMO position goes until May 2009, does that mean Disney is going to extend the YoMD into 2009 -- or just make it permanent?!:goodvibes

I think it's great marketing!

Yea Im really interested to see the top 10. The qualifications they came up with could fit almost any of the videos ynow? But from what I've read about what the CMO will actually do it will require excellent public speaking skills, immense creativity, and probably some nice writing ability. MAN! I wonder who is going to win this thing?! It will be crazy to watch the top 3 they've gotta be some really special disney fans:mickeyjum

Wow...we add more diser's to our list everyday! Surely at least one of us will end up in the top 20!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter