DISer chapter of NKOTB anonymous...join the party *ahem* intervention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the e-mail list but never got THAT specific e-mail.....hmmm

I bet it'll be when the announce new tour dates....unless Donnie is finally professing him to me or Joey is getting a divorce and moving in with me :woohoo:

I did not get that email either, but everyone else did! My sister even got a text about it, and I got nothing!

Hey ladies,
Just wanted to say hi again and let you know that my DH spent Sunday afternoon at an indoor pool with Jordan, watching our kids get their "aquanaut" badges for Cub Scouts! DH said that Jordan was wicked tired and basically snoozed by the nice warm pool...I said, honey, he's on a WORLD TOUR! Of course he's tired!
Anyway, just wanted to give you a "day in the life" and I know I think it's nice that even though he is in the middle of a tour, when he is home he is Dad. :)

Hey ladies,
Just wanted to say hi again and let you know that my DH spent Sunday afternoon at an indoor pool with Jordan, watching our kids get their "aquanaut" badges for Cub Scouts! DH said that Jordan was wicked tired and basically snoozed by the nice warm pool...I said, honey, he's on a WORLD TOUR! Of course he's tired!
Anyway, just wanted to give you a "day in the life" and I know I think it's nice that even though he is in the middle of a tour, when he is home he is Dad. :)

So after over a week of being away I come back to this. Holy cow!!!! How lucky is your husband?

Anywho, Hello Ladies.....I have missed you all. I had a fight with a couch last weekend and the couch won. I messed up my right arm, so I haven't been able to type because I am 100% right handed. I felt like a fish out of water trying to peck around with one finger on my left hand, so I just did a lot of nothing. But I'm back, the arm is feeling pretty good. It was just a really bad sprain, but let me tell ya it hurt like the dickens.

I'm going back to read over what I've missed now, but just wanted to pop in and say hi first.

My people - FINALLY!! There are some NORMAL people in this world!!

I'm a proud NKOTB fan of 20 years. I was at the concert in San Jose on 10/10 - I have tons of pictures here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/567951517WThJHe

Best night EVER!!

:disrocks: :welcome: You will LOVE it here!
I am going to go check out your pictures.
From your other post.. We can assume that you are a Donnie/ Joe fan.:)
I am 100% a Donnie's Girl!

Hey ladies,

That is GREAT! I am glad he got to spend a bit of time with Family before they have to HIT the road again in the UK.

Hey ladies,
What a fun update, thanks! I think it is awesome that even through the craziness of the reunion, he is able to go home and be Daddy. I am sure his kids are thrilled to have him home for a little while!
So after over a week of being away I come back to this. Holy cow!!!! How lucky is your husband?

Anywho, Hello Ladies.....I have missed you all. I had a fight with a couch last weekend and the couch won. I messed up my right arm, so I haven't been able to type because I am 100% right handed. I felt like a fish out of water trying to peck around with one finger on my left hand, so I just did a lot of nothing. But I'm back, the arm is feeling pretty good. It was just a really bad sprain, but let me tell ya it hurt like the dickens.

I'm going back to read over what I've missed now, but just wanted to pop in and say hi first.

Oh! I was just wondering where you had been! I am glad that your arm is feeling better!!!

Guess what? It is snowing again! Surprise, surprise! We are under a blizzard warning and the kidlets are home from school. One more day to have to make up at the end of the year. :sad2: I got everyone ready to go because it did not say anything about our schools on the local news, then decided to check the website before we left, and sure enough it had been cancelled in the time it took us to get ready! I think that I will turn on a movie for the kids and take a little nap!!!

Hope that everyone has a great week!!!

OK, time for me to do some hijacking ...

Went furniture shopping and was NOT impressed! Most king-bed sets look like they were designed for old ladies who have paintings of cherubs all over their place. Furniture that actually looked modern (dark wood, sharp edges) seemed to be cheaply made. One place we went to, my husband grabbed the post of the canopy bed and barely moved his arm and the whole bed started swaying, and a post was broken at the top! And there were a lot of dressers that you can just tell the drawers would not last long, with the single track under each drawer (have that now and have fixed a few times already).

Anyway, for you furniture shoppers out there, where do you go or what brands do you like?

I don't want to pay out the bootay for furniture but at the same time, we don't want to be re-buying in the next 5-10 years. I know there are a bunch of sales out there in January, but have you ever seen how many furniture stores are in Houston? It would take me a month just to visit them all!

Oh, and welcome MommyBuzz! Bare with us, we tend to go off topic around here a lot!!

Hey ladies,

Wow! That is so cool! Thanks for the update. :goodvibes

I tend to like what I really can't afford! I love Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware!!! On the more practical side, I have found a lot at the Macy's home store and a store called HOM, which is a chain in Minnesota, not sure if it is anywhere else. I have also seen a lot of interesting pieces at World Market, but have not purchased furniture from them, so I cannot tell you how the quality is. I think that basically every chain offers the same things. Good luck. Furniture is a big commitment since you have it for such a long time. Take your time and shop around... don't be afraid to pull out the air mattress this weekend!

Hey ladies,

And the obvious question for me is...WHY WAS YOUR HUSBAND THERE AND NOT YOU???? I would be attending every single Cub Scout event. And looking my best. HAHAHA:rotfl:

Exactly! I would be volunteering for all things Cub Scouts! (when they had a break from their tour that is) ;)

I'm very happy I'm able to type, after my first day at the gym I think my hands are the only part of my body that doesn't hurt. :scared1: I had a great time and felt great afterwards. Then about 3 or so hours later I started to hurt. It's increased throughout the day!

I may have over done things a bit. I worked out for 2 hours. Tomorrow I have a class for the first time and I just hope I can limp in there to do it!! :rolleyes1

And the obvious question for me is...WHY WAS YOUR HUSBAND THERE AND NOT YOU???? I would be attending every single Cub Scout event. And looking my best. HAHAHA:rotfl:

Well, you see, not to throw cold water on all this hot 'n heavy lust for NKOTB, but Jordan is just a guy to me. His public persona is VERY different from his regular life. I don't know him very well, he's quiet, lives in a very regular house in a family neighborhood, and I know his wife & kids...I think it's funny to be able to tell you guys (& Others) about when I see him, but I am not enamored with him. I am (ahem) too old to have had NKOTB lust anyway...and it would just be WEIRD now! However, if Sting showed up at Cub Scouts, well, that would be a whole 'nother thing!!!
Carry on, gals! ;)

Well, you see, not to throw cold water on all this hot 'n heavy lust for NKOTB, but Jordan is just a guy to me. His public persona is VERY different from his regular life. I don't know him very well, he's quiet, lives in a very regular house in a family neighborhood, and I know his wife & kids...I think it's funny to be able to tell you guys (& Others) about when I see him, but I am not enamored with him. I am (ahem) too old to have had NKOTB lust anyway...and it would just be WEIRD now! However, if Sting showed up at Cub Scouts, well, that would be a whole 'nother thing!!!
Carry on, gals! ;)

Well feel free to stop by and tell us about your Jordan sightings any time. I think there is enough Jordan lust around to keep things going, no amount of cold water could take that away, and of I ever run into Sting on the streets of Maine you'll be the first to know.

Well feel free to stop by and tell us about your Jordan sightings any time. I think there is enough Jordan lust around to keep things going, no amount of cold water could take that away, and of I ever run into Sting on the streets of Maine you'll be the first to know.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:
I feel it is my DUTY to keep you guys updated on Jordan! And definitely let me know about Sting (hey, one never knows! ;) )

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:
I feel it is my DUTY to keep you guys updated on Jordan! And definitely let me know about Sting (hey, one never knows! ;) )

A girl that works with my friend's husband, or something like that, is a singer and sang an impromptu song or two with Sting on stage at some festival not too long ago. I saw the video. I don't know the chick, but I know her boss ... or her cousin's boss, or something like that. That's the best I can give you for Sting! Hey, it's something!

The magazine I work for is celebrating 20 years this year and my boss is throwing around the idea of a concert. Unfortunately, I was not taken seriously when asked for my recommendations. Why not???

Count me in as another that would report a Sting sighting to you ASAP!!!

I will say I just seen a picture of him(Sting that is) and his wife at the Golden Globes the other day, he was rockin a full beard in the pic I saw, it was on Yahoo Entertament page I belive~;)

We are bracing for really cold temps in the coming days here in our little part of the world, I hate cold weather! I need to live somewhere warm :thumbsup2
Anybody having really nice warm sunny weather they want to share???

eric is doing a little better most days, he has an off day here and there. So we are working on all that so we are keeping busy. So any NKOTB news please let me know, as I always jump on here when I have a minute :banana:

Have a great week everyone!!!!!:grouphug:

Let's see... I think I saw Sting at the grocery store last week. Just kidding! I only wish I had someone famous as a neighbor. That would be so fun! Your update's are always fun, Pooh's Pixie! Keep them coming. If you see him again, tell him that your message board friends are dying to know what is happening May 15-18!

Well, we are still living in the frozen tundra as well, Dana. Late start today for school so that we can dig ourselves out of the snow drifts from yesterdays blizzard, and it is a lovely -11 degrees outside. Only good news is that this weekend when my husband is home for a few days it is supposed to snow, so he can finally go out and shovel! We are running out of places to put the snow! You should see the mountains on the sides of our driveway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter