• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disenys Reservation Agent talked me into.....

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
I called to make a payment and a change to my reservation yesterday, I was originally booked at AKL CL, we are going on DCL for 7 days after our WDW trip so I decided that we needed a washer/dryer in our room so that I can do laundry before I leave without it taking up a few hours.
I did lots of research and thought OKW would be a good choice, room size, 2 person tub, nice playgrounds,bike rental, boat rental and washer/dryer in my unit is why I decided OKW would be best.
Well Disney reservationist was like why are you not staying in one of AKV's? I told her that I didn't think that I could afford it, that I didn't know anything about the rooms plus I was not going to get an SV so why stay at AKV's? She said that the price was not to much of a difference and that I was not getting a SV at OKW either (LOL), but that we will LOVE the resort and we could go on walks and see the animal's in their viewing areas that AKV provided.
Ok it worked! She talked me into changing my mind from OKW to AKV, we have a 1bedroom none SV at AKV!
Any tips that anyone has to offer would be great! This is why I love to make my reservations through Disney themselves, they know their resorts and after taking their time to chat with us, they know what we want! LOVE THEM!

:hug::cloud9::love:

Glad you are excited about your switch! Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Are you in Jambo House or Kidani? We stayed in Kidani recently and the only downside was the distance from the room to the lobby. Kidani has very, very, very long hallways and we were almost at the end. It took about 8 minutes to walk to the lobby. I've never stayed in Jambo House, so I don't know how far you could be from the lobby. But, you have more restaurant choices in Jambo House. We've eaten at Mara and Boma and enjoyed both.

Although I have never stayed at AKV or AKL, I did take the culinary tour of Boma and Jiko last week. The CM explained what the various dishes on the Boma buffet were and let us try one of the soups. I had the lentil sausage soup and it was very good.

We crossed over to Jiko and were served the Taste of Africa appetizer--three dips with assorted breads. It was interesting to hear about how the decorations in the restaurant all have a meaning to them.

So if you have any free time, I'd recommend taking the tour. I enjoyed it!

"Long hallways"????????

Seriously, the hallways totally reminded me of the hotel in The Shining. These suckers go on for (I think) a half-mile...some 2500+ feet.

We loved AKL, we stayed in Jambo, not the villas. They do have a laundry. Just not in your room. I've done laundry at WDW before, just put it in the machine and go for a swim! And with using the laundry room, you can do more then 1 load at a time, making it quicker. Just my opinion :goodvibes

To answer Slimpaw- yes, AKL- Jambo house has long halls too!

We just stayed at Kidani in a 1 bedroom 3 weeks ago and it was AMAZING! Just request to be near the lobby or you could end up with a LONG walk to your room. It was a beautiful resort, nice pool, great bus service. The villa was so nice it had everything we needed, the master bath was HUGE and beautiful. If you are at Kidani in a 1 bedroom you get an extra bathroom, too. It was great we had my 16 y.o. sister with us. Cant wait to go back!!!

We are booked for the Jambo house but I was wondering it the Kidani 1 bedrooms had 2 bathroom? 2 bathrooms would be nice.
At 1st I told the Disney Reservation agent I was looking for any view other then the parking lot, but really a quiet location is more important then a great view. I once stayed close to the elevators in Vegas and never got any sleep! Never again do I want a room close to elevators or any other busy places.
So do you think a higher floor down the hall?
Peace, yeah that is what I want......

AKL is my alltime favorite resort! And I always hear about the long hallways... And seriously folks, yes, for hallways they are long. but have you ever walked from the furthest building at POLY to the lodge there? Or walked from the furthest building at at ASMU or POR to the bus? I think the long hallways at AKL take a bad rap. Yes they are long, but at least you are inside and not being rained on during a rainy day or dying from the heat in the summer... There are lots of long walks from your room to a bus or a lodge at WDW - and many are much longer than the long hallways at AKL!

We are booked for the Jambo house but I was wondering it the Kidani 1 bedrooms had 2 bathroom? 2 bathrooms would be nice.
At 1st I told the Disney Reservation agent I was looking for any view other then the parking lot, but really a quiet location is more important then a great view. I once stayed close to the elevators in Vegas and never got any sleep! Never again do I want a room close to elevators or any other busy places.
So do you think a higher floor down the hall?
Peace, yeah that is what I want......

We were in a savanna view 1 bedroom about halfway down the hallway from the lobby on the 2nd floor. I think it was 7234. We never heard another person the entire time. It was so very quiet the whole time. I think it is just a generally quieter resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter