Disembarking

MinnieMouse64

Mouseketeer
We are flying into MCO and staying at the Hyatt the night before the cruise and using the transfer. Last year we drove down to the port, when we disembarked off the ship we picked up our luggage and went to customs and went home. How does this work we flying and taking the transfer back to the airport? Do we pick up our luggage from where they place them and check them out or do they automatically take them to the airport for us? I am new at this with the Disney Cruise Line.

I will let someone else give you details. It depends if you are on a particapating airline. Your bags could go all the way through from outside your stateroom to MCO and carrier.

As PP mentions, it will depend on whether you choose/are able to participate in the Onboard Airline Check-in program. If you do, you'll put your bags out the night before and will not see them again until you reach your home airport. If you do not participate in the OAC (or cannot due to airline, timing, destination), you'll need to grab your luggage in the terminal before going through Customs - same as you did when you drove.

Disney's Convenient Onboard Airline Check-In
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of Onboard Airline Check-In* when you purchase air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line, such as:
Receive your boarding passes ahead of time.
Check your luggage for your return flight before disembarking the ship.
Skip luggage claim at the port terminal.
Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport.
Here's how it works:
Reserve air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line, then request to sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in at the cruise port.
On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom.
Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom on the evening prior to disembarkation. Your luggage will be collected and delivered to your airline for you.
Upon arrival at Orlando International Airport, you can proceed to security and continue to your departure gate.
*This service is available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines and US Airways.

Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:30 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Airline specific baggage fee may apply and can vary by airline. Each luggage piece can weigh no more than 50lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and will be unable to use this service.

Enjoy your cruise!

How do you pre-register? Is that something that would be done before the cruise? At the beginning of the cruise? At the end of the cruise?

Don't mean to high-jack, OP. :goodvibes

I believe it takes place when you check in for your cruise online. There is a section in which you put your airline information for your return home. You can then pre-check in while onboard. Simply place your luggage outside your stateroom by 11pm the night prior to departure and it will be taken by Disney to the airport and then the airline will place it on your flight for you. If you are on another airline in which you can't pre-check in the night before, then you still leave your luggage outside your stateroom and Disney will collect it and it will be in a large warehouse right outside the ship when you leave. It is very organized by section of the ship your stateroom was on. You simply collect your luggage ad proceed through customs, then to the busses right outside. Give them your luggage when you board the bus and the bus will then take you to the airport. Once at the airport, collect your luggage at the bus and proceed into the airport to check in for your flight.

Thanks that helps a lot. I did fill out the online check-in about our return flight and we are using the transfer. I guess I could call them to see if I am pre-registered and our airlines participates in this. This would be a HUGE help if we didn't have to deal with out luggage, since we are traveling with our 2 1/2 year old grandson. If I find out any other information, I will let you all know.

I'm not sure that simply providing the flight info during online check-in is sufficient. I believe you officially pre-register for OAC during check-in at the port on embarkation morning.

Participating airlines are listed above: AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines and US Airways

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter