Disembarking in San Diego

bcwife76

DisneyMomma
Does anyone know how far the Amtrak station is from the San Diego cruise port? Looking at google maps it looks walkable to me, but some are saying we should catch a cab? To me the walk looks about 10 minutes? Has anyone disembarked in San Diego?

Does anyone know how far the Amtrak station is from the San Diego cruise port? Looking at google maps it looks walkable to me, but some are saying we should catch a cab? To me the walk looks about 10 minutes? Has anyone disembarked in San Diego?
We disembarked in San Diego after our last Panama Canal cruise. The train station was about 2 1/2 - 3 blocks from the port. We walked.

Depending on how many bags you are handling, it could be walkable, or not.

I've done several cruises out of San Diego and just walked from/to the Amtrak station. Of course as the previous poster mentioned it all depends on how many bags you have.

Its totally walkable....the port construction is done too. Now, when we pulled in after our WBPC cruise, we were planning to walk home, which is the same distance as the train station but hubby ran home and got the car and drove back to pick us up because...IT WAS POURING RAIN! Under normal circumstances, you can walk there in 5-10 minutes easy. You can see it from the ship.

Oh, and if you have a lot of bags, they make these things that hitch your suitcases together like a train. We can hitch 4 up to each other...and then you can pull the handles up and attach your carryons to the handles. We had 9 rolling bags coming off our cruise plus 5 carryon (backpack, totes) and managed it with 2 adults and a 4 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter