• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disembarking in Port Canaveral

CandyPG

Earning My Ears
We have an 11:00am flight out of Orlando. I am looking for some advice on the fastest way to get to the airport from the ship.

Does anyone have any experience with the fastest way to get to the airport and disembark?

What is the earliest time we can walk off the ship if we carry our own luggage? Is walking off carrying your luggage the fastest way to get off the ship?

Would it be faster to rent a car (take the rental shuttle from the pier to the car rental agency in Port Canaveral) and then drive to the airport or would it be faster to take the shuttle service offered by DCL?

I appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks so much!
Candy

11:00 is before DCL's recommended time. However, it can be done if everything works perfectly......

You can normally get off about 7:30; sometimes it is a little earlier if you are taking your own bags. SOmetimes it is a LOT later if there is a Customs delay in clearing the ship (we've had one after 9:00!)

The fastest way to get to the airport will be to book a towncar/limo service. If you rent a car, you'll have to wait for the shuttle to the car rental place and return the car at the airport. If you ride the DCL bus, you'll wait while the bus fills before you depart. It won't matter what time YOU got off the ship, it will matter what time the passenger that filled the bus (or nearly filled) got off.

If you do a towncar/limo service, you can have them waiting for you at 7:45 and be on your way. The drive is about 45 minutes.

We have an 11:00am flight out of Orlando. I am looking for some advice on the fastest way to get to the airport from the ship.

Does anyone have any experience with the fastest way to get to the airport and disembark?

What is the earliest time we can walk off the ship if we carry our own luggage? Is walking off carrying your luggage the fastest way to get off the ship?

Would it be faster to rent a car (take the rental shuttle from the pier to the car rental agency in Port Canaveral) and then drive to the airport or would it be faster to take the shuttle service offered by DCL?

I appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks so much!
Candy

The quickest way (figuring that you get clear and off the ship by 7:30) would be a car service. You can carry your own bags off the ship. Allow time for customs.

Rental car - allow 5-10 minutes to get to rental facility, 20-30 minutes to get car and be on the road, 30-45 minutes to return car at airport and get shuttle to airport, then anywhere from 10 mintes to an hour for checkin and security.

kcashner said:
11:00 is before DCL's recommended time. However, it can be done if everything works perfectly......

You can normally get off about 7:30; sometimes it is a little earlier if you are taking your own bags. SOmetimes it is a LOT later if there is a Customs delay in clearing the ship (we've had one after 9:00!)

The fastest way to get to the airport will be to book a towncar/limo service. If you rent a car, you'll have to wait for the shuttle to the car rental place and return the car at the airport. If you ride the DCL bus, you'll wait while the bus fills before you depart. It won't matter what time YOU got off the ship, it will matter what time the passenger that filled the bus (or nearly filled) got off.

If you do a towncar/limo service, you can have them waiting for you at 7:45 and be on your way. The drive is about 45 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any recommendations for a reliable reasonably priced car service?

Also, what is the DCL's recommended time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter