• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disembark and Park in same day?

kassonvike

Mouseketeer
Taking our first disney cruise (Cape Canaveral) and are staying in our DVC the night before and after the cruise. Am I crazy thinking we can get off the ship, take disney transportation, and still do Hollywood Studios on the same day. It is in February. Park is open until 8:00 PM. We are staying at Boardwalk Villas. The kids(oh fine, me too) really want to see galaxies edge. I'm thinking worst case is we get to park at noon?

We did Magic Kingdom after disembarking the Fantasy a few years ago, no issue. I would think you would be fine with HS even with Galaxies Edge. I say, do it!

You have to be off the ship by about 8:30 at the latest so I don't see why not.

Totally doable. We did Magic Kingdom after our cruise last year. We were at the hotel maybe around 10am, and in the parks around 1030am. Luckily our room was ready already so we just dropped off our bags and went straight to the monorail, since we were staying at the Grand Floridian.

Figure a 20 minute walk to Hollywood from Boardwalk in your case, and you'll still have many hours to enjoy in the park.

Absolutely doable! We self-disembarked last Saturday and were on the road at 7:34am. We stopped for breakfast and at the airport to pick up our oldest and still made it to Riverside by 10am. We were in Magic Kingdom by a few minutes before 11. I highly recommend!

Glad to hear it working out for soo many. Our plan next summer is to debark, use private transportation to get to our resort and drop our bags then have them take us to AK. I know we won't make rope drop or anything crazy like that but I hope to have a decent amount of time at the park and hoping we can get a FOP FP for the afternoon sometime!

We usually disembark about as late as possible are usually at our resort by about 10:30 am. We drop luggage off at bell services (although sometimes the room is ready) and head out to the parks right away. Because we have the later breakfast we don't have to be up too early and can easily make it through to end of the evening if we choose.

Every cruise we've been at the airport by 9am at the latest, so unless there's some mysterious delay, you will be totally fine.

We've been on several cruises out of Port Canaveral, and always go to WDW before and after the cruise. We take our time getting off the ship, but are still at our resort by late morning. We are usually in a park by noon or so.

On our most recent cruise out of NYC, we stopped in Port Canaveral for the day. In that case, we were on a DCL bus first thing in the morning to WDW, and back to the ship in Port Canaveral that same night. :earsboy:

We did that in April. We bolted out of the cruise and drove over to Magic Kingdom. I hadn’t gotten much sleep, as I was packing the night before and it was a bit rocky. When we got to the parks, it was only 9:30/10am, but it was so hot and I was tired (as were the kids from staying up late), so it made for a long and grumpy day.

We got off the 8 night Eastern on Sunday 10/27/19, had half day tickets, and went to Epcot for the day starting at 12 noon. We were at Pop and our room wasn't ready
so we accepted any preferred room and were in the room by 11AM. Took the Skyliner and had a wonderful day starting at 12 noon.

Like many, doing a park the day of disembarking worked for us as well. We opted not to do breakfast the morning of the last day on board and got off the moment they said that we could. We also kept our bags with us, not leaving them outside of our door the previous night. We did the Disney transportation to our resort from port and were there probably by at least 9:30am, even after stopping at other resorts in the area, we stayed at AoA, and were in Epcot probably an hour later at the most. I remember being early for our first FP, which I had moved up to 11am because I hadn't expected us to get off of the ship that early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter