• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISdad's Dining Thread

I want to try San Angel Inn, but DW won't let us. She is afraid we will get the runs.

Ate there finally last week, loved the food, the server was reaaly off though... made for a lot of jokes later on

Ate there finally last week, loved the food, the server was reaaly off though... made for a lot of jokes later on

We love San Angel!!! We have ADR's for there for when we go in Oct. Love that place. and........no runs!

I'll share your rec with DW. I want to eat there, and we are running out of restaurants at Epcot. It looks like we're skipping Epcot this trip, so I'll have to wait to October 2012.

Good Friday afternoon fellow DISDads. I have a question for those of you who have been at the World at or near the beginning of F&W Fest at Epcot. The festival officially begins on Sep 30 this year. Unfortunately it does not fit into our touring plans and we are slated to depart on the 1st.

What are the chances of a soft open on Thu the 29th? :confused3 We will be at Epcot that day and me being the food conoseur (read: pig) :lmao: that I am I would really like to experience some of the worlds cuisine and more importantly beverages.

Sorry, have only been 1st week of Sept, so can't help.

I'll share your rec with DW. I want to eat there, and we are running out of restaurants at Epcot. It looks like we're skipping Epcot this trip, so I'll have to wait to October 2012.

If you get Jorge as your server, here is a hint..: Place your drink order now, it'll get there by 2012:rotfl2:

This is a great thread idea.

Counter service
FlameTree
Tomorrowland Terrace (the noodle station if its open)
The counter server by La Hacienda de San Angel

Table Service (1 credit) For our family Disney Dining is more about the interaction and less about the food)
1900 Park Fare (mainly for the interaction with the wicked step sisters and stepmother)
Wispering Canyon (A fun experience and all you can eat ribs)
Askershus (for the princess dining experience)

Snacks
Karmel Kuche (how the heck do you make an umlate?)
Most any of the pastries in Paris
Pretty much anything from the main street bakery

Noteworthy options.
Liberty Tree Tavern. At liberty tree the prices at lunch are only a couple dollars more than a counter service place so we'll usually eat lunch there and do it OOP instead of using meal credits.
Via Napoli is good, but the pizza is our favorite item there and it is an inexpensive item to use a table service credit on.

Hope De Doo...

Any pics? Experiences? Reviews?

No pics, average food, great show, and beer. The food was alleged BBQ, but being from KY, it was meat with sauce on it. It was served hot, but since we have best BBQ here, it is hard to compare. The show was great. The songs were fun and the humor over the head of the children and funny for adults as well. My dds had a great time and laughed as well. There is lots of audience involvement. The beer is bud light draft (I think) or something similar. Unfortunately, our server was slow and could not keep up with my all-you-can drink beer requests. It is worth going if you have never been. Plus, you can take a boat over to FW which I just really enjoy. We are doing SOA in October and I'll compare the two.

Hope De Doo...

Any pics? Experiences? Reviews?

Great experience! The show is funny and my kids loved it. The food is not bad. The cornbread is really good. Overall, highly recommended.

These are not my pics, but here are a few:
DSC00335.jpg

HDD-7.jpg

No pics, average food, great show, and beer. The food was alleged BBQ, but being from KY, it was meat with sauce on it. It was served hot, but since we have best BBQ here, it is hard to compare.

Watch it... you are opening a big can o' worms with that kind of statement. :lmao:

As far as the best BBQ style: I think it really depends on either where you grew up or your individual palette (or a combination of both.) :teacher: :)

Counter service
Yorkshire County Fish Shop -- Epcot WS
Sunshine Season -- Epcot the land
Wolfgang Puck Express -- Downtown Disney

Table Service
Teppan Edo -- Epcot WS
Wispering Canyon -- Wilderness lodge
Boma -- AKL

Snacks
School Bread -- Norway Epcot
Dole Whip -- Aloha Isle Magic Kingdom
Grey Goose Slush -- Epcot WS

Watch it... you are opening a big can o' worms with that kind of statement. :lmao:

As far as the best BBQ style: I think it really depends on either where you grew up or your individual palette (or a combination of both.) :teacher: :)

Not to start anything, but our Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro, KY (a city of 50,000) has fed two presidents its BBQ. It's just difficult to justify a presidential trip to get our great BBQ. Clinton was the last one and he justified it by honoring the exceptional education system in Owensboro, KY. Really?

Not to start anything, but our Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro, KY (a city of 50,000) has fed two presidents its BBQ. It's just difficult to justify a presidential trip to get our great BBQ. Clinton was the last one and he justified it by honoring the exceptional education system in Owensboro, KY. Really?

And the other one - was the president of the local petting zoo... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Sorry, but that's just not so impressive when it comes to BBQ wars. Arthur Bryant's here in KC has Moonlite trumped. Bryant's has been visited by Presidents Harry S Truman and Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton (and I'm pretty sure I remember a visit from Bush, Sr. as well). They've also played host (at a little hole-in-the-wall space in a not so nice neighborhood in the Kansas City inner-city) to Stephen Spielberg, Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford and Wilt Chamberlain. Heck, when Mr. Bryant died in 1982, only God rejoiced (because the answer to the question was, "Yes.").
bring_sauce.gif

Sorry, but that's just not so impressive when it comes to BBQ wars. Arthur Bryant's here in KC has Moonlite trumped. Bryant's has been visited by Presidents Harry S Truman and Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton (and I'm pretty sure I remember a visit from Bush, Sr. as well). They've also played host (at a little hole-in-the-wall space in a not so nice neighborhood in the Kansas City inner-city) to Stephen Spielberg, Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford and Wilt Chamberlain. Heck, when Mr. Bryant died in 1982, only God rejoiced (because the answer to the question was, "Yes.").
bring_sauce.gif

Hearing people argue about who's got the best BBQ is great and all, but if ya'll really wanted to try and pursued us you'd bring samples.

Let's try to equal the playing field. There is also Arthur Bryant in KC, MO, so did it start in KC, KS or KC, MO?

Also, consider these numbers.

Population of Owensboro - 57,265
Population of Kansas City, MO - 459,787
Population of Kansas City, KS - 145,786

You should have 2.55 more presidents if you are considering KS, so you are still one short.

And, if that is not convincing enough, Owensboro is the birth place of Captain Jack Sparrow, well Johnny Depp, that sounded better. I'm not sure if he actually ate at Moonlite BBQ.

Did a road trip this summer and ended up in KY. Great BBQ. If there was a pig out front and I was hungry, I stopped. Also ran into a mexican place south of Louisville. Really authentic and tasty food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter