• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISdad's Dining Thread

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
This thread is for DISdads to discuss all things related to Disney and FOOD!

Feel free to post pics, give suggestions, reviews, recommendations, experiences both good and bad, favorite dishes as long as it has to do with Dining at Disney it fits into this thread.

I'll start by asking everyone to name there top 3 counter serve, table serve, and snack in WDW.

Here's mine.

Counter Serve
Tangerine Cafe - Epcot (Morocco)
Pecos Bill - MK
La Cantina de San Angel - Epcot (Mexico)

Table Serve
Le Cellier - Epcot (Canada)
Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Teppan Edo - Epcot (Japan)

Snack
Mickey Bar
Cinnamon Bun from Main Street Bakery MK
Caramel Corn - Karamel Kuche Epcot (Germany)

Counter Serve
Sunshine Season (Land- EP)
Yak & Yeti Counter (Asia - AK)
Pecos Bill (Frontierland - MK)

Table Serve
Liberty Tree Tavern (Liberty Square-MK)
Le Cellier - Epcot (Canada- EP)
Chef Mickey's (Contempo)

Snack
Dole Whip Float (Aloha Isle- Adventureland -MK)
Dole Whip (Aloha Isle- MK / Capt. Cooks -Poly)
Pinapple Bars (Vending Carts Across the resort)

Favorites that I've tried

Counter Serve
Pecos Bill - MK
Sunshine Seasons - Land
La Cantina - Mexico

Table Serve
Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
50's Prime Time Cafe - DHS
Mama Melrose - DHS

Snack
Mickey Ice Cream Bar - anywhere
Milkshake - Sci-Fi
Anything cold or wet

Places I've not tried, but top my "must try" list

Counter Serve
Flame Tree BBQ - DAK
Cosmic Rays - MK
Casey's Corner - MK

Table Serve
Le Cellier - Canada - have ADR:woohoo:
Tutto Italia - Italy
Via Napoli - Italy - have ADR:woohoo:

Snack
Dole Whip - MK
Dole Whip Float - MK
Brownie Paw - DAK

Counter Service
Casey's Corner - MK
Boardwalk Bakery - BW
Main Street Bakery - MK

Table Service
Flying Fish - BW
Le Cellier - EPCOT
Ohana - Poly

Snack
Brownie - Earl of Sandwich
Real Frozen Lemonade (not minute maid) - anywhere
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows on a stick - DHS

A great thread idea. I'm working my away around the WDW world for food. You could also include favorite signature restaurant.

This thread is for DISdads to discuss all things related to Disney and FOOD!

Counter Serve
MK - Columbia Harbour House
Poly - Capt Cooks ( Tonga Toast & self-serve Dole Whip)

Table Serve if not counting signature dining
MK - CRT breakfast only; Plaza
Epcot - Akershus Breakfast
DHS - Brown Derby; Sci-fi
AK - Yak n Yeti

Snack
Pineapple/ Vanilla Dole Whip
Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich

Surprise Resort
SSR - Turf Club Prime Rib

Signature Dining
Fulton's Crab House - Alaskan king crab claws were amazing

We are trying Narcoosee's and SOA for first time this trip. May have to re-visit & make changes.

Counter Service
Wolfgang Puck Express - DTD
Boulangerie Patisserie - Epcot, France
Sunshine Seasons - Epcot

Table Service
Le Cellier - Epcot, Canada
'Ohana - Polynesian
50s Prime Time Cafe - DHS

Snacks
Dole Whip Float - MK, Aloha Isle
Caramel Corn - Epcot, Germany, Karamel Kuche
Carrot Cake Cookie - DHS, Writer's Stop

Counter Service
MK - Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree
DS - none

Table Service
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
Epcot - Biergarten
AK - Tusker House
DS - 50's Prime Time

Snack
Dole whip float
Cream Cheese Pretzel

Drink How was this category missed?
GrayGoose Slushie
Most of the Beer in World Showcase :banana:
PB & J Shake

Let's talk about specific restaurants and experiences.

I haven ever been to Ohana, and plan on trying it.

Tell me everything I need to know.

For breakfast or dinner? Either way, you need an ADR. Aaron said there is a rumor they are changing dinner times and I read elsewhere about the check-in process changing, but be prepared to wait. After you check-in at stand, you get a family picture made. I think this is still one of the purchase pictures places. The breakfast is character (Mickey, Pluto, lilo&Stitch) but not dinner. Breakfast has a character parade around restaurant which your children can join and dinner has coconut races that your children can do. Everyone gets a Hawaiian lay, but don't remember for which meal. I don't think their comfortable and don't wear mine long. The food is all you can eat, delivered to your table by wait staff. I find it to be the typical character breakfast, except for the juice drink. I can't remember the name, but it is similar or same as breakfast juice drink at Tusker House & Kona. It is the best. They have different meats for dinner. DW really likes Ohana. I think it is ok, and worth going at least once. I prefer to go to Capt Cooks for some Tonga Toast.

We went for dinner. Many people like it. I wasn't one of them. Your mileage may vary.

we eat diner there about every third trip or so. we like it. its one of many places we like and are on the every third, fourth trip dinning rotation. :thumbsup2 basiclly we have three places we hit every trip. tepen edo in japan, germany and we eat breakfast the first full day we are there at crystal palace and again for breakfast the second to the last day we are there. the rest of the meals are filled in with the dinning rotation list. we usually decide where we are going to eat while we are there the trip before.:thumbsup2 the bread is good at ohanas!:thumbsup2

we eat diner there about every third trip or so. we like it. its one of many places we like and are on the every third, fourth trip dinning rotation. :thumbsup2 basiclly we have three places we hit every trip. tepen edo in japan, germany and we eat breakfast the first full day we are there at crystal palace and again for breakfast the second to the last day we are there. the rest of the meals are filled in with the dinning rotation list. we usually decide where we are going to eat while we are there the trip before.:thumbsup2 the bread is good at ohanas!:thumbsup2

You've given me something to aspire to. Disney is the place of dreams, isn't it?

You've given me something to aspire to. Disney is the place of dreams, isn't it?

for us its a good place to eat.:lmao: its something, a few years ago, the gentleman over in germany who played the bass , george, had passed away. theres a waitress there who has been there since the first time i ate there in 1983. we got talking about three years ago and she had introduced us to georges wife who just so happened to be waitressing that night. everytime we go back, she comes over and gives a hug. i have georgie on video tape just about every year for the last 20 years. we miss him!!! we cant help think about georgie ziggy schnell everytime we go back.:thumbsup2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vca1ydIAllE

I love Ohana dinner. My advice, skip lunch to save room for all the food at Ohana. I talk about our Ohana experience in my January 2011 trip report linked in my signature. (How's that for a shameless plug?) :rolleyes1

We did breakfast at Ohana a couple of trips back. My favorite part of the meal was the potatoes. I'd go back for those alone! If you can, do breakfast at Ohana on an "off" day... it's all you can eat and IMO you don't want to try to run for FP right after eating!!

My favorite table serves:

'Ohana, Boma, San Angel Inn

Counter:

Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill, Flame Tree Barbecue
(ABC Commissary used to be on there until they axed the Cuban)

My favorite table serves:

'Ohana, Boma, San Angel Inn

Counter:

Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill, Flame Tree Barbecue
(ABC Commissary used to be on there until they axed the Cuban)

I want to try San Angel Inn, but DW won't let us. She is afraid we will get the runs.

Good Friday afternoon fellow DISDads. I have a question for those of you who have been at the World at or near the beginning of F&W Fest at Epcot. The festival officially begins on Sep 30 this year. Unfortunately it does not fit into our touring plans and we are slated to depart on the 1st.

What are the chances of a soft open on Thu the 29th? :confused3 We will be at Epcot that day and me being the food conoseur (read: pig) :lmao: that I am I would really like to experience some of the worlds cuisine and more importantly beverages.

No, no. It's Via Napoli that ships in their own water, not San Angel Inn.

I did not know that and we ate at Napoli one trip. (and didn't get the runs) We ate at the QS outside one year and the food was bad. I enjoy the boat ride thru there and would like to try it. Perhaps one year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter