Discovery Cove ?

MKDEBS

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

Happy Halloween.

I booked last night for Discovery Cove for my trip in May.
What I need to know is when you go into the aviary part do you have to pay for the bird food?
It's not that im tight you understand it's about whether I have to carry money with me.

Im so excited about the dolphin swim not sure I can contain myself till then.

Thanks Debs

Hi Debs we're just back from discovery cove and no you don't pay for the bird food, you get it in little dish's from one of the staff in the aviary.:D

You not only don't pay for the bird food, but you don't need to carry money for anything as you can charge it all to your ID card (which you have to wear on a string round your neck) and then pay as you leave.

Debs
Who did you book with. We are planning on going in October and I didnt know whether it was best to book direct with DC.

Thanks everybody

Thats good about the ID card makes life easier, Sounds like they have thought of everything.

Hi Clarey, I booked direct online it was so easy and you can check what dates are available which is a help.
I had a look in the Virgin brochure and it was I think £175 each, Online after converting at exchange rates now it worked out at about £155 each. I suppose Virgin have to make some money out of it.

I don't know if it can be booked cheaper elsewhere but its the most convienent way and they sent back an email with lots of information on what to do when you get there ect.

Hope this helps.

Debs

Book direct with Discovery Cove, then you get the option of paying a deposit and the balance nearer your date of travel. Look for the 'payment options' button - it is easy to miss.

Good reply from Richard - we booked direct with DC and it's great to charge everything to your id card. We had the most fabulous time and it was worth every expensive penny we paid. ENJOY!!!

We came back last Thursday and it would be 2 weeks ago tomorrow that we visited DC. What can I say about the place it was absolutely fantastic. Paradise. Everything there is set up perfectly and even Simon who didn't do the swim thought it was great (he thought he would be bored silly on his own while Jordan and I swam with Dolphins).

We booked direct with DC on internet (so easy) and had confirmation by email almost straight away and written confirmation by post a couple of weeks later. We were given a slot of 11am to 1pm and when we checked in our swim was for 10.50am. It was a surprise for Jordan and you should have seen her face when she realised where we was and not at a water park as we had told her. To top it off we had an hour in the pool with 2 of them being Hutch and Astra. Apparently, Lester who was Hutch's Dad was playing up next to us and we had to vacate the pool while they changed the dolphins hence the length of time and being able to swim with 2. Fantastic.

What more can I say except that it was well worth the money IMHO.

Kim

Hi Kim
We were there on 17 Oct - we swam with Lester and he was lovely - I wonder why he was playing up? We had a wonderful time and have some great pictures of our day and we managed to take our own video with no obstructions - brilliant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter