Discovery cove - non dolphin package

disneystacy

DIS Veteran
Hi, has anyone done Discovery Cove and not done the Dolphin swim? Hubby and I already did one in Cancun. My son is to young and my girls are not sure if they will have the nerve to do it. Will we still have a great time without booking the Dolphin swim?

We vwent last July, DD did the swim, while DW and myself watched. We had a great day, the swim is only a small part of the day, DD i think, loved the deep pool with all the fish and rays more than the dolphin swim, could not get her out of it.

We did it without the dolphin swim and there was more than enough to do. I did regret it a bit, not because I was bored but because I've always wanted to do a dolphin swim (we went to DC in the winter and the weather was wicked cold so it would not have been as enjoyable). We ended up doing a dolphin swim in Grand Cayman at a later date.

We went last year and all 4 of us did the dolphin swim (DH 40 DD12 DS 10 Me 30ish :) )

My DD is dolphin CRAzY and absolutely LOVED it. We all enjoyed it but this year we are defineately going back to DC and only my DD is doing the dolphin part. My son thought it took too much time away from the snorkeling and lazy river. I thought it was fun but "been there done that." My DH loved the snorkeling and avary.

Discovery cove is worth the money even without the dolphin swim.
I know I am rambling hope this helps.

I am by no means an expert but I did not see a way to do DC without at least one person doing the dolphin swim. I could be wrong, but suggest you check before making any other solid plans.

when we bookonline you have to do a least one dolphin swim as well. But it doesn't matter because every year my kiddies want to do it together. So DH and I sit on the rocks and watch them have a wonderful time, best part of my whole vacation. :love: this place.

Actually when I called about booking, I asked them that question, and they told me on the phone, for some reason that you can't just book non-dolphin swims online, you have to have 1 person in your party to do the swim. But they said if I was to phone and book with them over the phone, they can do it on the phone you don't need to have one person doing the swim. Just an FYI

great info greenclan67, it seems like lots of folks love it so much they go back multiple times so this info is handy to possibly keep the costs down on return visits.

Discovery Cove has a new promo code for visitors who book and visit prior to June 13. Sadly, it was too late for my last trip, but it might work for one of yours. If so, let me know and I will PM the code. (I don't think we're allowed to post them here, are we?)

I'm already booked for June 1st, any idea if DC will allow me to use your coupon for a partial refund?

I'm already booked for June 1st, any idea if DC will allow me to use your coupon for a partial refund?
i was wondering to in the email I got is said it was not for already purchased bookings so I emailed them to see if I got a response. nothing yet it would be nice even if it was a gift card or something even a free picture.

huh, I did not even get an email from them... Did you sign up for emails on their site? (going to check site thoroughly) Yes right there at the top... so now i'm on board for emails thanks for heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter