Discovery cove cabanas

maria & rossi

Mouseketeer
We've booked a cabana for our visit to DC and wondered if any of you know which cabana location is best to request.

I've seen some on utube that look like there amongst trees and I bit too sheltered. We would prefer one that's nearer the water and not too sheltered/isolated.

Many thanks for all your help :)

I have booked a premium package with cabana for our upcoming August visit to DC. I have done a lot of searching the internet and the best that I can see is the cabanas nearest the Grand Reef are the closest to water and more out in the open. If you look at the pdf map on the DC website, I think the smallish structures with white roof represent the private cabanas...not sure just my guess. If anyone knows for sure please chime in. I have placed a request that my cabana be centrally located and overlooking the Dolphin Lagoon. I hope this is a good choice.

Thanks for your reply. I've also been searching this info but there isn't much out there. I think I will request around the grand reef.

We're also there in August, I think we're booked for 31st.

:)

Try to get one by the grand reef for sure. There are 4 or 5 cabanas there that are literally 10 feet from the water. I'm not certain, but my cabana attendant said that guests who book the celbration package typically get those locations.

They don't guarantee a cabana location to anyone from what I've experienced. I loved our cabana's which were at the dolphin lagoon each time. We never felt crowded or even noticed people from the cabana's beside us when we were there. I prefer to be at the dolphin lagoon as I love to watch the dolphins, and since we are against the lagoon no one can walk around us. Everyone is so caught up with the dolphins they don't ever notice the cabanas during the swim, and they are so quiet when they are with the dolphins that you hardly hear much noise. However I always feel like we are right near everything as we can see it all going on, and the beach was right outside our cabana entrance so easy access to swimming (about 15 feet to the water at most).

Your cabana will be determined by when you make your reservation and what time you show up on the day you visit DC. I don't believe they will let you request a specific cabana. We arrived about 8:15 and there were already quite a few people there. I don't know if it was luck of the draw or what but we got the 1st cabana by the dolphin pool and had an excellent view of the dolphin swim times. In the TR link below "Don't tell Mickey...", there are lots of pictures of DC starting at post #80.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter