• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovering DVC timandlesley style-A PTR, 19 days TRIP REPORT LINK PG.119!!!!!

Congrats on the unexpected $$ in your paycheck! :banana: On the laundry detergent - you should go to the Dollar Tree. I get a small bottle of Purex there every year for our weekly beach trip and you can't beat it for $1!!

So excited that your trip is so soon! I love living through your trip reports!!

For the small laundry detergent, I always get a small TIDE at Target in the travel/sample size section. The small bottle usually does 2-3 loads of laundy -depending on the size.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Woohoo on the extra cash! Any idea of where it came from? That is awesome! More Disney stuff to buy I am sure. :)

:banana::banana::banana: Congrats on the extra moolah!! What a pleasant surprise!!

I can't believe you still don't have your furniture. Yikes.. sure hope it arrives in time.

Super excited about our Red Robin excursion before you fly outta here!! Enjoy the last minute shopping and packing!!

-laundry detergent (small one for a few loads- any suggestions?? and a stain stick)

I am going to buy & try the new Purex Complete 3-in-1. It is a sheet you use in the washer as the detergent and then throw it in the dryer as the softener. I am not sure of the $ or quality. But it looks portable, just bring the amount you need.

Have a great vacation!!

I am going to buy & try the new Purex Complete 3-in-1. It is a sheet you use in the washer as the detergent and then throw it in the dryer as the softener. I am not sure of the $ or quality. But it looks portable, just bring the amount you need.

Have a great vacation!!

The first time I saw the comercial for these my first thought was, "Those would be great to bring to Disney.":rotfl:

WOw!! $900 extra?! That sounds like a nice little surprise.:thumbsup2

I can't believe how close it is getting! I am sooo excited for you guys!:banana:

Lesley---I just saw something on TV last night that might really work for you....now, keep in mind I have not tried it yet....just thought it might work well. Purex has an all-in-one SHEET that you drop in the wash, and also move over to the dryer that releases detergent in the wash and softener in the drying process. I am sure if you google it you can find out more about them---wouldn't have to worry about it becoming a leaky mess!

Yes, that's what I'm going to purchase this time. I usually keep a bottle of All in our Owner's Locker and it lasts through two trips (we do a lot of laundry because we do not pack a lot of clothes -- the luxury of having the washer dryer in the villa). But I want to give this new product a shot. They are $4.99/box at our local Wegman's. I want to see how much they are at Target and also see if I could find a coupon first.

Have a great vacation!!

Yes! What she said! :thumbsup2
We love our Locker. There are certain things we use trip after trip after trip (like certain shoes, flip flops, rain ponchos, etc.) Having them in our locker and not have to lug them back and forth (especially with luggage costs) is a dream. :goodvibes In addition, there are certain things we like having in our villa that are trivial such as pump soap to keep at each sink in the villa, bubble bath and bath toys for the kids, lotions, sunscreen, etc. All of these things take up room in our luggage and add weight. We even keep pajamas for the adults (since we aren't going to grow out of them like kids would), shoes and bathing suits. Overall, it just saves a lot of room. There might be that small fee each year but it is nice for peace of mind and just "that much less" to have to deal with packing trip after trip. It is really something to consider now that you're DVC members and planning the long trips and/or multiple trips. Takes quite a bit of the stress out of packing.

Lesley, here's the link to owners locker http://www.ownerslocker.com/
If you are interested they sometimes run a discount on the DIS for like $25 off on a first locker..... I think we paid $75 for our first year using the discount.

They have it waiting for us when we arrive and they pick it up when we leave.
We have been talking about getting a second, it sure makes packing much easier!

Wow to that extra money! That will come in handy when buying those new crocs!:idea:

Are you going to be doing a 'This time next week' post like last year?

Sarah

Wow!!! Congrats on the extra $$, that's always a blessing. I'm sure that you kind find a way to "need" it on your 17 days in Disney! Just a little info on the shorts for Lauren, I work at JCPenney and almost the entire section of girls is on clearance! PLUS!!! Clearance has an extra 20% off the clearance price!! There are some great deals. It's worth checking out.
Thanks, yes, it was TRULY a blessing! Thanks for the JC Penny heads up, I got GREAT deals at Target last night but will check out JC Penny too, I have a 10 dollar coupon from them:thumbsup2

I love making the last-minute purchase list.....it always means you are getting close to trip time!!!!

Regarding the sunscreen....we have gone through 2+ of the spray bottles in a week before (they seem to go fast because I am always reapplying). If you are a sunscreen nut like me with the kids you may need more? Or at least a face stick too? I always overpack the sunscreen b/c it costs so much at WDW and we always need a lot.

Also - I overpack the anti bac wipes because we use a ton of those too..... airplane arm rests & trays, tables at the counter service spots, hotel room phone/remote/bathroom counter, hands throughout the day....I bring like 6 or so packets. (I know. Crazy) Anyway, just giving my unsolicited opinion. :thumbsup2
Yes, we are getting so close. Thanks for the sunscreen and wipe tip, I'll get more just in case, we can always bring them home with us : )

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy until you leave. This always makes to time go faster instead of dragging by!
Yes, plenty to keep me busy which is the way I like it!
Congrats on the unexpected $$ in your paycheck! :banana: On the laundry detergent - you should go to the Dollar Tree. I get a small bottle of Purex there every year for our weekly beach trip and you can't beat it for $1!!
Thanks, so excited!

So excited that your trip is so soon! I love living through your trip reports!!

For the small laundry detergent, I always get a small TIDE at Target in the travel/sample size section. The small bottle usually does 2-3 loads of laundy -depending on the size.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!! :goodvibes
Thank you!

An extra $900! :thumbsup2 Think of all the good stuff you can buy! :goodvibes
I know, isn't it awesome!!!
Woohoo on the extra cash! Any idea of where it came from? That is awesome! More Disney stuff to buy I am sure. :)
Thanks, yeah, they had underpaid me for a mentorship and a course and I forgot about a workshop payment, YEAH!
:banana::banana::banana: Congrats on the extra moolah!! What a pleasant surprise!!

I can't believe you still don't have your furniture. Yikes.. sure hope it arrives in time.

Super excited about our Red Robin excursion before you fly outta here!! Enjoy the last minute shopping and packing!!
Thanks, we can't wait to meet you guys. Yeah, that furniture BETTER get here Friday:headache:

Have a great vacation!!
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!

The first time I saw the comercial for these my first thought was, "Those would be great to bring to Disney.":rotfl:
Thanks guys, I found some and they look awesome!
WOw!! $900 extra?! That sounds like a nice little surprise.:thumbsup2

I can't believe how close it is getting! I am sooo excited for you guys!:banana:
I know, I'm so excited!

Lesley---I just saw something on TV last night that might really work for you....now, keep in mind I have not tried it yet....just thought it might work well. Purex has an all-in-one SHEET that you drop in the wash, and also move over to the dryer that releases detergent in the wash and softener in the drying process. I am sure if you google it you can find out more about them---wouldn't have to worry about it becoming a leaky mess!
I love how everyone mentioned these right when I needed the information, we found them at Target, pics to come ; )
WOO HOO to extra money.....:cool1:

so close now...:dance3:
I know, I am so excited!!!! Thanks!

Congrats on the nice paycheck! :thumbsup2
Thank you!!!
Awesome on the check!! Good luck with the packing, you are so close!
Thanks Nicole, yes, so very close!
Yes, that's what I'm going to purchase this time. I usually keep a bottle of All in our Owner's Locker and it lasts through two trips (we do a lot of laundry because we do not pack a lot of clothes -- the luxury of having the washer dryer in the villa). But I want to give this new product a shot. They are $4.99/box at our local Wegman's. I want to see how much they are at Target and also see if I could find a coupon first.
Thanks, we'll keep it in mind. I found them for 5.99, oh well, still not too shabby!

Yes! What she said! :thumbsup2
We love our Locker. There are certain things we use trip after trip after trip (like certain shoes, flip flops, rain ponchos, etc.) Having them in our locker and not have to lug them back and forth (especially with luggage costs) is a dream. :goodvibes In addition, there are certain things we like having in our villa that are trivial such as pump soap to keep at each sink in the villa, bubble bath and bath toys for the kids, lotions, sunscreen, etc. All of these things take up room in our luggage and add weight. We even keep pajamas for the adults (since we aren't going to grow out of them like kids would), shoes and bathing suits. Overall, it just saves a lot of room. There might be that small fee each year but it is nice for peace of mind and just "that much less" to have to deal with packing trip after trip. It is really something to consider now that you're DVC members and planning the long trips and/or multiple trips. Takes quite a bit of the stress out of packing.
Thanks guys, definitely something we'll consider but I'd like to do it on a trip where we are driving so we could really load it up and get our money's worth.:thumbsup2

Wow to that extra money! That will come in handy when buying those new crocs!

Are you going to be doing a 'This time next week' post like last year?

Sarah
Yes, it did come in handy for the new crocs. SURE! I'll do the "this time next week" look for them starting Sunday. I won't be able to get through the whole trip since we're gone so long but I'll at least get 5-6 days in.
Lesley

Wow, we are getting so close.
So before I go onto our normal update, I have to share some cute pics with you. As you saw, Tim's brother and his family came into town and we went to Indy to see Wicked - well, while they were here we also celebrated my nephew Jaxen's 1st b-day. It was Mickey themed, so funny, she said she did it because of me - he doesn't even know who Mickey is - too cute.
Here he is getting into his cake:
Pretripreport003Small.jpg

You've gotta respect him, this kid even went for the plate :
Pretripreport002Small.jpg

He was not happy when his other cousins started moving in and tried to get tastes with him:
Pretripreport005Small.jpg

But he recovered quickly and started painting his sister Kennedy's hair with it :rotfl:
Pretripreport007Small.jpg

Too funny.
O.K, back to trip planning.
We went grocery shopping last night (needed to go so badly) and we spent an hour picking things out, going through the store when they started telling everyone that their computers were down and would be for a while, leave everything in the isles and leave the store. :scared1: THAT STUNK! So now we have to go back AGAIN today and have NOTHING to show for our hour in the store last night.
After that we headed to Target to start marking things off of our list.
Here is what we got so far off the list:
Pretripreport004Small.jpg

I got a GREAT deal on those shorts for Lauren, they are the super comfy kind and they were only $3.50!!! I found the purex 3 in 1 sheets, THANKS GUYS! Also found bigger packets of the anti bacterial wipes, more poncho's (just got 4 more), tide stain sticks (a must have with my kids) activity packs for Lauren for the plane.
I also got all bills paid up online this morning for the trip and stopped the Mail. GETTING CLOSE!!!
Gotta run and take Luke to track camp. Look for our "this time next week posts" starting SUNDAY!!!!!
Have a good one!
Lesley

Glad you found some of those shorts too----I forgot to mention those, and they are such a good deal!!!! Megan has several pairs, and has been practically living in them!

I found the purex 3 in 1 sheets,

I don't leave for Disney until August. Please, please let us know what you think about the Purex 3 in 1 sheets. I like the package they come in. Looks like easy packing - no bulky boxes. Thanks!!

Oh, how much at Target?

I can't believe how close the trip is, you all must be so excited!!! :woohoo::woohoo: Isn't trip shopping fun?! I love going to Target and stocking up on everything, knowing that I'll pack it all soon. I'm glad you were able to check a few more things off the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter