Discovering DVC timandlesley style-A PTR, 19 days TRIP REPORT LINK PG.119!!!!!

We're even going to try the Luau at the Poly this year, unless some of you convince me Hoop De Doo is better:confused3 ;) (we've never done either)

Here's a second for Hoop Dee Doo! A very enthusiastic second, I might add. We took an 18 month old and almost 3 year old, and they loved it (as did the 5 adults). So fun, good food (and plenty of it), lots of good clean humor, and a lively atmosphere. It was great, and I'd HIGHLY recommend it! :thumbsup2

Just reading your update is getting me excited for all the fun you guys are going to have, I can only imagine your own excitment:goodvibes .
We tried the Hoop-de doo this past August and had a blast! We had two first timers with us and they couldn't get over what a great evening it was.
Looking forward to hearing about all your ides!!:cool1:

Hi,
I wanted to do luau but only category 3 was available and Biff said no thanks. so it was a no go for us, hope you get it if you decide to go.

3 trips sound nice. we have 1 in 23 days and then June. Was going in March but that is not happening unless we purchase a DVC when we go in a few weeks. We shall see.

Awesome on the APs!!! We've been AP holders since becoming members and there are many many benefits. We love the DDE card...tons of savings there for us.

I'm also a big fan of TGM. We used his plans for the first time this September and it worked like a charm. We're using him again for December and even got in on a tree swap. Can't wait!!!

Leslie, you have alot of planning to do! :cool1: As for fireworks view, What about near the boat docks at SSR? We haven't been either - just guessing. I'll bet the CM who checks you in will have a great suggestion!

We've done both the Luau and HDD. I loved the luau, but we probably had more fun at HDD. I think HDD would be more fun for the kids! My DN laughed so hard he fell off his chair! I just thought the performance was so corny it made me roll my eyes - and I'm easily entertained!

The food was probably better at HDD. I'm glad we experienced both, but I don't think I'd repeat either.

Have fun with your planning!

Hey, Lesley!
I can't tell you how excited I am to be reading another one of your reports, and I can't believe that we're going to get 16 days of action this year! Woohoo!!!:banana: I know you have to be so very super excited! Heck, I'm excited about reading the report, so I can only imagine how stoked you are about actually taking the trip!! I don't think you realize how much we live vicarously through your reports!!! Can't wait to read more!:woohoo:

i've never done the luau but we did hoop dee doo this past september and it was a BLAST! your kids would love it. i think you're reading my september TR (the vandy girls one). we haven't gotten to that part yet - it was on our last night. i will have video of it so just sit tight and when we post that maybe that will help you see what it's all about!
I think the kids would love Hoope Dee Doo too, I'm hoping Tim and I would enjoy it, it isn't so corny that it's unbearable is it? The other reason I'm leaning towards it is because it is AIR CONDITIONED, in June that is important!
Can't wait for your video!
Lesley

Now you're talking my kinda language. Nothing feels better than getting the most out our your own money.
Sooooooooooooooooo true, I try my best, this is definitely a step in the right direction!
Here's a second for Hoop Dee Doo! A very enthusiastic second, I might add. We took an 18 month old and almost 3 year old, and they loved it (as did the 5 adults). So fun, good food (and plenty of it), lots of good clean humor, and a lively atmosphere. It was great, and I'd HIGHLY recommend it! :thumbsup2
O.K, votes keep stacking up for Hoop Dee Doo! I think Luke and Lauren would love it too, now to convince Tim;) OHhhh, the amount of brainwashing I do to that poor man:lmao:
Lesley
Just reading your update is getting me excited for all the fun you guys are going to have, I can only imagine your own excitment:goodvibes .
We tried the Hoop-de doo this past August and had a blast! We had two first timers with us and they couldn't get over what a great evening it was.
Looking forward to hearing about all your ides!!:cool1:
Thanks, love the excitement! Thanks for the positive Hoop De Doo story, all of these testimonials will make it easier to convince Tim:rotfl: .
Lesley

Hi,
I wanted to do luau but only category 3 was available and Biff said no thanks. so it was a no go for us, hope you get it if you decide to go.

3 trips sound nice. we have 1 in 23 days and then June. Was going in March but that is not happening unless we purchase a DVC when we go in a few weeks. We shall see.
I understand, that's what happened to us last year, I almost booked the luau and only category 3 was available and there was a possibility of an obstructed view, no thanks! 23 days, you are close!!! Good luck with the DVC decision!
Lesley

Awesome on the APs!!! We've been AP holders since becoming members and there are many many benefits. We love the DDE card...tons of savings there for us.

I'm also a big fan of TGM. We used his plans for the first time this September and it worked like a charm. We're using him again for December and even got in on a tree swap. Can't wait!!!
Very cool, we are excited about being AP holders for the first time. TGM has made trips in June AMAZING FOR US!!!
Lesley

Leslie, you have alot of planning to do! :cool1: As for fireworks view, What about near the boat docks at SSR? We haven't been either - just guessing. I'll bet the CM who checks you in will have a great suggestion!

We've done both the Luau and HDD. I loved the luau, but we probably had more fun at HDD. I think HDD would be more fun for the kids! My DN laughed so hard he fell off his chair! I just thought the performance was so corny it made me roll my eyes - and I'm easily entertained!

The food was probably better at HDD. I'm glad we experienced both, but I don't think I'd repeat either.

Have fun with your planning!
Yes, the planning has officially begun, I'll post my dining hopes/ressie's desired list soon, I've been fine tuning it. I'm surprised you said the HDD food was better than the luau, I thought it would be the opposite, the menu looked better to me :confused3 Thanks, I am having fun planning, it feels like home! ;) :goodvibes
Lesley

Hey, Lesley!
I can't tell you how excited I am to be reading another one of your reports, and I can't believe that we're going to get 16 days of action this year! Woohoo!!!:banana: I know you have to be so very super excited! Heck, I'm excited about reading the report, so I can only imagine how stoked you are about actually taking the trip!! I don't think you realize how much we live vicarously through your reports!!! Can't wait to read more!:woohoo:
YEAH! I love the enthusiasm. Glad you enjoye the reports and came back for more. :thumbsup2
Lesley

Definitely do the Hoop Dee Doo. Did the Luau last year (for the 2nd time) and Hoop this past trip (for the 5th time.) Hoop Dee Doo is better - I prefer the food at HDD to Luau and the show really keeps the kids entertained. My oldest son fell asleep at the Luau and we were at the front and center table.
I loved the HDD and I was actually surprised I enjoyed it so much seeing it 4 times already.
I think Tim would like it and be perfect for the volunteer portion of the show! My 2 year old was happy and so interested in the show - it was great!

The Luau has this cheesy story to it. The dancing is good but the show felt long. HDD - time flies by.

Can't wait to hear about the restuarants you choose!

I think the kids would love Hoope Dee Doo too, I'm hoping Tim and I would enjoy it, it isn't so corny that it's unbearable is it? The other reason I'm leaning towards it is because it is AIR CONDITIONED, in June that is important!
Can't wait for your video!
Lesley

i will be sure to alert you when i post it. it may be awhile though. it was on day 5 and we're only on day 3!

it was corny but HILARIOUS! i remember laughing at some parts so hard i was tearing up......okay, so maybe the unlimited sangrias contributed a little bit. :rolleyes1 (i wasn't drunk but tipsy when we left - tipsy enough that i went to the bathroom to change shirts because i had gotten BBQ sauce on the one i was wearing and i ended up leaving the BBQ shirt in the bathroom hanging on the back of the door! :lmao: i didn't realize it until we were on our way back to MK that night. and the bad part is i had only worn it ONCE!) but it really was funny. and there is some adult humor but it's phrased so that your kids wouldn't even notice it.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Not only are we married to goofballs, mommies of an older boy and younger girl, midwestern girls, Disney-freaks, and DVC members... but now we are both AP holders too!!!

spooky... just spooky....

Definitely do the Hoop Dee Doo. Did the Luau last year (for the 2nd time) and Hoop this past trip (for the 5th time.) Hoop Dee Doo is better - I prefer the food at HDD to Luau and the show really keeps the kids entertained. My oldest son fell asleep at the Luau and we were at the front and center table.
I loved the HDD and I was actually surprised I enjoyed it so much seeing it 4 times already.
I think Tim would like it and be perfect for the volunteer portion of the show! My 2 year old was happy and so interested in the show - it was great!

The Luau has this cheesy story to it. The dancing is good but the show felt long. HDD - time flies by.

ITA - I was asking DH what he thought - we liked the luau better as adults for the show, (we thought HDD was too corny), but the luau was too, and I KNOW the kids would like HDD better! A side note, my DN is named Luke, too! :thumbsup2

Oh you have to do both the Hoop De Doo & the Luau! They are so different it's tough to compare! Both are great fun and food!

BTW, Mickey is getting so big!!!! Adorable!

Lesley,

We have done both the HDD & the luau & my family enjoyed HDD soooooo much better. I think the show itself is so much better & the food was great also. My vote would be for HDD. I think you would really enjoy it. Can't wait to hear about all your plans.

Thanks so much for all of the advice. I think we decided on hoop De Doo this time, as Tim said, we'll be going every year forever we'll have time to experience them all and since we'll be there in the heat of late June/early July HDD is airconditioned1!! Restaraunt choices are coming up, stay tuned!
lesley
i will be sure to alert you when i post it. it may be awhile though. it was on day 5 and we're only on day 3!

it was corny but HILARIOUS! i remember laughing at some parts so hard i was tearing up......okay, so maybe the unlimited sangrias contributed a little bit. :rolleyes1 (i wasn't drunk but tipsy when we left - tipsy enough that i went to the bathroom to change shirts because i had gotten BBQ sauce on the one i was wearing and i ended up leaving the BBQ shirt in the bathroom hanging on the back of the door! :lmao: i didn't realize it until we were on our way back to MK that night. and the bad part is i had only worn it ONCE!) but it really was funny. and there is some adult humor but it's phrased so that your kids wouldn't even notice it.
so funny, sounds like me, they have wine on the menu and so i'll be stumbling after that meal for sure!!! Can't wait until you get to day 5!
Lesley

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Not only are we married to goofballs, mommies of an older boy and younger girl, midwestern girls, Disney-freaks, and DVC members... but now we are both AP holders too!!!

spooky... just spooky....
ohhhh, and don't forget YANKEE FANS!!! verrrrrrrrryyyyy spooky indeed;)
lesley
ITA - I was asking DH what he thought - we liked the luau better as adults for the show, (we thought HDD was too corny), but the luau was too, and I KNOW the kids would like HDD better! A side note, my DN is named Luke, too! :thumbsup2
i think we'll be doing HDD this time, thanks for weighing in!
Lesley

Oh you have to do both the Hoop De Doo & the Luau! They are so different it's tough to compare! Both are great fun and food!

BTW, Mickey is getting so big!!!! Adorable!
can't do both this trip but we will try the Luau next time cause' there will ALWAYS be a next time : )
Lesley,

We have done both the HDD & the luau & my family enjoyed HDD soooooo much better. I think the show itself is so much better & the food was great also. My vote would be for HDD. I think you would really enjoy it. Can't wait to hear about all your plans.
Thanks so much for your imput, as you'll see in a minute when i post our ressie list we went with HDD this time! Thanks,
Lesley

O.K., so our dining window opens next month, I had to take a deep breath when I realized that. I printed out a june and July 2009 calendar and started figuring out dining credits, sooooooooooooo confusing and hard to plan, especially since the first part of the trip will be deluxe dining and the second part reg. dining. I was trying to get the most bang out of our points and think I did a pretty good job. We'll be able to use our deluxe dining plan on the day we check out at AKL up until midnight and still get some good meals in on this day.
I think it really hit home to me how wonderful and long this trip was going to be when I planned this out and realized we will be eating at EVERY SINGLE one of our favorite restaraunts this trip PLUS be able to eat at some we haven't tried before. SUCH FUN!!!!:banana:

Drumroll please........................................
Reservations needed:
June 22nd: Arrival day
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern Res #_______________________
Dinner: Biergarten (NEVER eaten here before!!) Res # ____________________________
June 23rd Tusker House Breakfast Res #________________________
Mama Melrose Dinner Res # __________________________
June 24th: Teppenyaki Mitsukashi lunch Res #______________________
OHana dinner Res # ___________________________________
June 25th: Yak and Yeti Lunch Res #____________________________
Boma dinner Res # _______________________________
June 26th: Sci Fi Lunch Res #_______________________________
Coral Reef Dinner Res # ______________________________
June 27th: Askershus Breakfast Res # _____________________
Hoop De Doo Res #____________________________
June 28th : Crystal Palace Breakfast Res #__________________________
1900 Park Fare dinner Res # ____________________________
June 29th Le Cellier Dinner Res # _____________________________
June 30th: Kona Café dinner Res # _______________________________
July 1st: Wolfgang Puck dinner Res # __________________________
(or eat at ESPN club or Beaches and Cream with no ressie)
July 2nd: 50’s Prime Time Café dinner Res # _________________________
July 3rd: Surf and Turf Club at SSR for dinner Res # ___________________
July 4th: Tuttio Italia dinner Res # ___________________________
July 5th Chef Mickey’s dinner Res # _______________________
July 6th: Crystal Palace Breakfast Res # _________________________
OHana’s Res # __________________________________
(make one for the park we’ll be in just in case too)
July 7th – departure day, counter service only to get the most out of park time before we leave.

soooooooooooooooo what do you think???? :confused3 :confused3

Stay tuned, next post will tell you all about the EXTREME surprise Tim and I gave to me and the kids yesterday, it was INSANE!!! i'll give you a few hints:
1). Amazing race
2). dollars everywhere
3). Not our own beds

Stay tuned, it really was AMAZING, it blew me and the kids away. As Tim said today "Lesley, the time we spend in between Disney vacations i just try to fill with fun and exciting things to make it exciting until we get to go back to Disney". Gotta love him, he's the best!:love:

Lesley

chosing where to eat is one of my favorite planning items to do. you list looks awesome!!!
can't wait to read about the surprise:goodvibes

Hey Lesley! We have some of the same restaurants on the same days planned! Great minds think alike!:rotfl2: I can't wait to hear about your surprise, I am sure it was great!:thumbsup2

Sounds like some great plans, Lesley!!! I have yet to try every single one of those restaurants. :rotfl: I can't wait to hear about the surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter